Lose Weight with Low Fat Vegan Soups
Edited by Donna, Eng
Low-fat vegan soups can facilitate weight loss because they are low in calories, rich in vitamins and minerals have absolutely no animal meat or fat in them Many vegan soups are also low in sodium and sugar, which prevents insulin resistance, diabetes, bloating and a sluggish metabolism.
Replacing a meal, such as lunch or with a vegan soup can help cut 500 calories to a thousand calories from your diet a day, resulting in a weight loss of two pounds of week. As they are also quite filling, you will not be tempted to add calories to your day by snacking between meals. Furthermore, many vegan soups also contain diuretic vegetables and ones that are full of fiber, thus reducing bloating and trimming inches from your waistline.
Try the following vegan soups, which are listed in the order of lowest calories to highest, keeping in mind that the lower the calorie count in the soup, the more weight you are likely to lose. The calorie count in all of the weight-loss recipes for vegan soups below are for a one cup (8-ounce) serving.
- 1In a large pot on the stove add six cups of chopped celery, three large cubed potatoes, one large diced onion, six cups of organic vegetable broth, a half tablespoon of salt, a half tablespoon of freshly ground pepper, a tablespoon of dried thyme, and a handful of freshly ripped parsley. Simmer for forty minutes until the potato is soft and then use a stick blender to macerate the ingredients until they are creamy. You can also put the soup in a blender and puree it until smooth. This soup is rich is very rich in fiber and is a natural diuretic, which can help reduce belly bloat, detoxify you and make you appear slimmer.Make a Vegan Cream of Celery Soup at 85 calories per serving.Advertisement
- 2In a large soup pot add two sweet diced onions, five cloves of minced garlic, a cup of chopped mushrooms, two cups of chopped celery, a cup of chopped carrots, an entire head of shredded green cabbage and an entire head of chopped cabbage. Sauté the vegetables until softened in a bit of organic, sodium free vegetable broth. Add salt and pepper and then add eight cups of vegetable broth. Let simmer for an hour and then serve. This soup provokes weight loss because it contains absolutely no fat. It is very rich in all vitamins and minerals that rev up the metabolism and the generous amounts of cabbage in the recipe supply fiber and sulphiric compounds that are good for the health of your gut.Make A Vegan Cabbage Soup at 104 calories per serving.Advertisement
- 3In a crockpot deposit two cups of rinsed yellow split peas, eight cups of low-sodium vegetable broth, one large diced onion, five minced cloves of garlic, three diced celery ribs, three diced carrots and a tablespoon of Dijon mustard. Add three small bay leaves and a pinch each of rosemary, thyme and basil. Season with a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Cook on high for five to six hours and serve. This split peas in this soup are very high in fiber and it contains several fat-burning herbs and spices.Make a Vegan Yellow Split Pea Soup at 110 calories per serving.
- 4This recipe is made in a slow cooker. Into the slow cooker pot deposit four cups of cubed butternut squash, a cup of chickpeas, 2 medium diced onions, 2 large mince cloves of garlic, one minced two inch chunk of ginger, a 13.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes, two cups of coconut water, three cups of low-sodium organic vegetable broth and three heaping teaspoons of yellow curry powder. Add a tablespoon of liquid raw honey, two bay leaves, two cups of frozen peas, a handful of baby spinach, a teaspoon of sea salt, a teaspoon of coarsely ground black pepper. Add a handful of freshly chopped cilantro or parsley or a mixture of both to taste. Simmer everything in the crockpot on low for eight hours and serve. This curry soup is very rich in protein, which helps stave off cravings and its rich Vitamin A content helps support your liver function, which in turn helps with weight loss. The garlic and onion and spices are known fat-burning foods that help you lose weight by speeding up your metabolism and increasing your circulation.Make a Vegan Curry Butternut Squash and Coconut Curry soup at 145 calories per serving.
- 5This soup helps with weight loss because it the cashew nuts and the split peas provide you with enough protein to cut hunger pangs until the next meal. In a large soup pot, boil 1 cup of green split peas, four large diced onion, four large diced zucchini, three diced leeks, a cup of chopped cauliflower, a cup of chopped broccoli, two cups of chopped celery, 2 cups of chopped mushroom and 1 cup of raw cashews. Add four cups of distilled water, two tablespoons of garlic powder, two bay leaves and a tablespoon of a herbal salt (such as Herbamare.) he wide variety of vegetables provide you with a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals, all of which support the health of your metabolism and rev it up. This soup is also great for dieters because it contains absolutely no oil or fat. It is high in potassium and contains a healthy amount of sodium to support the health of the thyroid.Make a Vegan Green Split Pea, Leek and Cashew soup at 179 calories per serving.
- 6In a large soup pot, deposit one large diced onion, one whole chopped head of peeled garlic, three stalks of diced celery, two diced carrots, two tablespoons of crushed cumin, a teaspoon of chili powder, a handful of cilantro and the fresh juice of one whole lime. Add five cups of low sodium vegetable broth, three cups of low-sodium black beans, two cups of frozen whole sweet corn and 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes. Add a pinch of sugar, and salt and pepper to taste and stir. Simmer for two hours and then serve. This recipe helps with weight loss because it is oil-free, contains a high spectrum of nutrient including a full protein from the black beans and fiber. The spices and large amount of garlic in this recipe boost your immunity and your metabolism, encouraging faster weight loss.Make a Vegan Mexican Black Bean Soup.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Thicker soups can be served on a bed or rice, pasta or zucchini noodles if you need to make a more filling meal
- Vegan soups are easily frozen and can last up to three months in the fridge, handy because many of the recipes in this article produce batches of six to eight cups of weight-loss soup
- If you are using canned beans or legumes, rinse the product with water to lower its sodium content
- There is no need to eat a thicker soup and you can easily lower the calorie content of your soup by adding a bit more water to your serving when you reheat it
- Adding whatever let-over vegetables that you happen to have on hand often adds very few calories to the soup (with the exception of potatoes or sweet potatoes) so considering adding a handful of kale, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, celery, leeks or any type of herb to your culinary creations
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Lose Weight with Low Fat Vegan Soups. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Low_Fat_Vegan_Soups
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Lose Weight with Low Fat Vegan Soups." VisiHow, visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Low_Fat_Vegan_Soups Accessed 23 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Lose Weight with Low Fat Vegan Soups." Accessed May 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Low_Fat_Vegan_Soups.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Donna