Lose Weight with Lingonberries By Drinking Dried Lingonberry Weight Loss Tea' vs Drinking Dried Lingonberry Soaked In Juice vs Substituting Meals for Lingonberry juice Smoothies ... and 1 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma
The Lingonberry is a small red berry, that tastes both sweet and tart at the same time, that is native to Scandinavia and found all over Northern Europe. They are also grown in the Northern part of the United States and Canada and recognized as a fat-fighting super fruit. You can also find lingonberries sold under the names of foxberry, bearberry, coagarberry, redberry and mountain cranberry.
Depending on where you live, you are able to buy them as a jam, juice or as dried berries. It is common for people to reconstitute the dried berries in water for use in cooking. If you want to lose weight, it is important to buy products that do not contain any added sugars or you will only succeed in raising your blood sugar and provoking insulin resistance. This, in turn, will cause any carbs you consume to be stored as fat, instead of used as fuel and you will gain weight.
Lingonberries help you lose weight because:
- A third of a cup of lingonberries, which is an average serving, only has 25 calories and provides a great deal of nutrition in return
- Lingonberries have absolutely no fat and contain Vitamin C, Vitamin A (as beta carotene, all of the B vitamins and potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus), which makes them an ideal optimized weight loss food
- The beta-carotene in the lingo berry helps support the healthy functioning of the liver and helps prevent fatty liver disease
- The high quercetin and Vitamin C content helps to fight the inflammation that can lead to weight gain, including inflammation of the heart, pancreas, thyroid, liver and pituitary gland
- Lingonberries contain proanthocyanidins and ellagitannins, which help fight inflammation and diseases that lead to obesity such as fatty liver disease
- The tannins in lingonberries help prevent the growth of bacteria and yeast in the gut, which helps to keep your belly looking flat
- They contain a phytochemical called arbutin, which helps prevent discoloration of the skin due to stretch marks, cellulite or changes in pigment due to extreme weight loss
- Lingonberries are a natural diuretic that prevents weight gain due to bloating and water retention
- The organic acids in lingonberries support brain health and help prevent the depression and mood swings that are sometimes part of being on a low-calorie diet.
- They are high in potassium, which helps your tissues stay alkaline and assist your body with recovery after a workout
- Lingonberries are very high in fiber, which assists with the cleansing of fat and waste from the intestines and prevents bloating and a lack of nutrient absorption
Method 1: By Drinking Dried Lingonberry Weight Loss Tea'
Drinking fresh lingonberry tea made from the dried berries every day, at least twice a day, can help you lose at least two pounds a week.
Method 2: By Drinking Dried Lingonberry Soaked In Juice
One way of getting the weight loss benefits of consuming lingonberries every single day is to infuse it with a dark juice. Juices that go very well with lingonberries are cherry, pomegranate, raspberry, and blueberry. The juices mentioned here are also made from vitamin, mineral and antioxidant-rich fruits that also help regulate the metabolism. Note that lingonberry juice, when mixed with other juices, can be quite sweet and not a good choice for some diabetics or pregnant mothers. Check with your doctor before drinking this weight-loss beverage.
- 2Add the rinsed lingonberries to 1.5 liters of the juice of your choice and refrigerate it overnight or longer before drinking.The longer you let it sit, the richer the juice will be in the polyphenols and antioxidants that cause weight loss.
- 3Strain the berries from the juice and drink the beverage that is left over.This mixture goes well with a slice of lemon over ice. Be sure to discard the berries as they will be too mushy and unappetizing to use in any way
Method 3: By Substituting Meals for Lingonberry juice Smoothies
Substituting a meal for a smoothie that contains Lingonberry juice can help you lose weight. This diet is quite nutritious and you can stay on it for about three weeks.
The main idea behind this diet is that you will lose weight if you replace two meals a day with a lingonberry smoothie that is 200 calories or less. This is a daily day plan that you can repeat until you have lost all of the weight that you need to without suffering from the muscle wasting, saggy skin and mood swings that are normally associated with being on a calorie-restricted weight loss diet.
In order for this diet to work, you must stick to the instructions below strictly and not eat any snacks, sugar, potatoes, rice, bread or pasta or any junk foods.
You may have tea, herbal tea or coffee to drink and you can use stevia as a sweetener.
- 1Whip up and drink any one of the lingonberry smoothies on the list called Lingonberry Smoothie Recipes Under 200 Calories and drink it instead of eating any two meals that you might eat in one day.For most people, this results in a calorie deficit between 1000 and 2000 calories a day and a drastic weight loss that can amount to being 6 to 10 pounds a week.Advertisement
- 2Make sure that the one meal you eat a day is less than 1000 calories and that it contains four ounces of a lean protein, two ounces of a healthy fat and a serving of complex carbohydrates.Suggested proteins are steak, lamb, chicken, fish, shrimps, salmon, mussels, scallops, yogurt, kefir or cottage cheese. Recommended good fats are coconut oil, extra-virgin olive oil, walnut oil, a handful of almonds, a spoonful of flax seeds, a handful of hazelnuts or the pulp of one avocado. Make sure that any cuts of meat that you eat are lean and trimmed of any fat.
- 3Make sure that you drink at least eight to ten cups of vapor distilled water or spring water while on this diet.Staying hydrated helps you feel well during the diet, which deprives you of the usual amount of food you would eat.
Lingonberry Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes Under 200 Calories
Here are seven recipes for Lingonberry smoothies that are less than 200 calories that you can use to replace two meals a day. You can drink a favorite smoothie again and again or use them in any order that you like. They are listed from lowest in calories to highest. The calorie estimates for each smoothie below are based on a 10-ounce serving.
- 1Make a Lingonberry, Spinach and Apple smoothie at 90 calories per serving.Blend together one cup of fresh spinach, one cup of soaked dried lingonberries, ½ cup of chopped apple, 1cup coconut water, a teaspoon of cinnamon and a handful of cubes. Blend everything together until smooth and drink. Spinach is a source of iron and folate, which supports the health of your liver. The coconut water is deeply hydrating and helps cleanse your system while at the same time regulating its pH balance. The cinnamon is a known fat-burning spice that helps kick start your metabolism.
- 2Make a Raw Cacao and Lingonberry Smoothie at 95 calories.In a blender filled with ice, add a handful of dried lingonberries, a half cup of raw organic cocoa, a cup of sweetened vanilla almond milk and a handful of flax seeds or chia seeds. Whirl it together until cold and smooth. This is a high-fiber smoothie that helps to cleanse your colon, which makes your abdomen seem slimmer. The chia seeds are a great source of protein for dieters. The raw organic cocoa in the blend helps to elevate your mood and make you feel satiated so that you do not succumb to cravings. Both the cacao and the lingonberries are rich in antioxidants that reduce inflammation in your body.
- 3Make a Lingonberry and Matcha Green Tea smoothie at 110 calories.Whirl together a cup of soaked lingonberries, a cup of almond milk, two tablespoons of Matcha Green Tea powder and a half a cup of spring water in a blender. Blend until frosty and drink. Matcha tea is a powder that quickly thickens the shake and gives it more body. The berries and green tea contain antioxidants and acids that trigger your body to burn fat. The nut milk contains protein and essential fatty acids that help you feel focused and satiated until the next meal.
- 4Make a Lingonberry, Banana and Orange smoothie at 120 calories.Whirl together a cup of soaked or frozen lingonberries, 1 ripe frozen banana, a cup of orange juice, two tablespoons of vanilla yogurt and a cup of ice in a blender. Mix until smooth and frosty. This smoothie is very high in Vitamin C and potassium, which supports the health of your cardiovascular and endocrine systems, helping you to lose weight faster and in a healthy way
- 5Make a Lingonberry, Apple and Cinnamon smoothie at 130 calories.Add a cup of soaked dried lingonberries to a blender. Then add one cup of ice, a half a cup of spring water, one whole apple cut in half with the peel on, a cup of low-fat yogurt, a whole frozen banana and a tablespoon of vanilla. Add a half of a teaspoon of cinnamon and whirl everything together until it is smooth and cold. Apples are a good source of protein, fiber and contain B vitamins and chromium, which helps support healthy weight loss. The yogurt supplies friendly bacteria to help support the health of your gut and the cinnamon stimulates your circulation and helps you burn off fat.
- 6Make a Lingonberry, Turmeric and Ginger Smoothie at 135 calories.Add a cup of ice to a blender along with a cup of soaked lingonberries, a splash of lingonberry juice, a cup of coconut milk, two tablespoons of grated ginger and a skim teaspoon of powdered turmeric. Taste and if it needs sweetening add a teaspoon of raw organic honey. This delicious drink is an anti-inflammatory cocktail that helps lower metabolic resistance. It also stimulates your circulation, which aids with detoxification a weight loss.
- 7Make a Lingonberry, Blueberry and Pomegranate smoothie at 140 calories.Combine ¼ cup of frozen or soaked lingonberries, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, ½ cup of pomegranate, a small frozen banana and half a cup of plain yogurt. Blend everything together with a cup of ice until smooth. This bright pink smoothie is very high in Vitamin C and potassium and the yogurt in the smoothie supply you with the protein needed to sustain you until the next meal.
Method 4: By Adding Lingonberries to Your Daily Diet
Here are additional ways to include lingonberries in your diet so that you can lose weight by either consuming them, dried or as juice. You will benefit from the high nutrition and anti-inflammatory qualities of these berries.
- 1Drink eight ounces of bottled or frozen lingonberry juice every day.If you find the juice very sweet, you can divide it into two four-ounce portions a day or serve it over ice. Make sure that you are buying a juice made from organic lingonberries that has absolutely no sugar added.
- 2Eat dried lingonberries as a snack or add them to a trail mix or granola.Dried lingonberries can be used in much the same way that you use raisins.#Add dried lingonberries to your morning porridge or cereal. They add Vitamin C and a filling amount of fiber to your meal, which helps you feel energized all day.
- 3Make a lingonberry juice frosty.Whirl together two cups of ice, two cups of fresh lingonberry juice, a squeeze of lemon and a handful of fresh mint. This drink should be sweet as it is, but if is not, because some lingonberry batches are tarter than others you can also add a bit of stevia or honey to sweeten the drink.
- 4Make hydrating lingonberry infused-water.Place a cup of dried berries in a three-quart infusion pitcher and let the fruit soak in two quarts of chilled icy vapor distilled or spring water filled with ice. You can also add other fruits as well such as sliced lemon, lime or orange or a handful of strawberries, blackberries or blueberries.
- 5Make a sparkling lingonberry lemonade.Mix one part with lemonade with one part lingonberry juice and pour it into a tall glass over ice. Top it with sparkling spring water to make a refreshing hydrating weight-loss beverage that you can drink as a substitute for sugary colas or diet cola.
- 6Drink a sugar-free iced tea made with lingonberry juice and tea as often as you like.Lingonberry goes well with most teas but especially well with hibiscus, chamomile, black tea, orange pekoe, fennel and green tea, Simply brew three cups your tea of choice, add a cup of lingonberry juice and pour it into a glass pitcher full of ice cubes. Tea is a natural diuretic that accentuates the fat-burning capabilities of the lingonberry juice.
- 7Make a sugar-free lingonberry jam.In a blender, combine two cups of raw lingonberry with a quarter cup of pure spring water and three heaping tablespoons of Stevia or Truvia. Whirl the mixture together until it has the consistency of jam. You can use this jam on any type of baked good or you can stir it into yogurt or cottage cheese. The protein in the yogurt or cottage cheese supplies protein, which helps slow down the glycemic action of sugars in the berries.
- 8Add lingonberries to cranberry sauce.Simply add a cup of soaked and drained lingonberries to your regular cranberry sauce recipe and blend everything in a blender. The lingonberries will add fiber as well as additional Vitamin C to the cranberry sauce.
- 9Add lingonberries to a kale salad.The sweet flavor of the berries goes well with any darker green, especially if it is also dressed with red onions, walnuts, tangerines, oil and vinegar and salt and pepper. This salad is a good source of vitamins and minerals that support the thyroid gland and liver and the overall efficiency of your metabolism.
- 10Add dried lingonberries to stews.The sweet flavor of the berry greatly compliments any savory dishes. The dried berries will swell up, soak up the flavors of the spices and integrate with the other cooked flavors in the stew.
- 11Add dried lingonberries to any baked good or dessert.Lingonberries go especially well in cookies, cakes, and puddings. Keep in mind that desserts that contain flour will slow down your weight gain, but if you are not concerned about losing weight fast, then you will reap the benefits of the fiber in the dessert
- 12Make the traditional Swedish lingonparon, which translated pears soaked in lingonberry juice.Poach peeled pears in a cup of organic lingonberry juice and set them out on a plate. Blend the remaining warm lingonberry juice with a half a cup of honey, a half of cup of pure lemon juice and a half of cup of crushed hazelnuts in a pot on the stove and warm gently over low heat. Do not bring it to a boil. When the mixture is smooth and wand the honey is melted, pour the mixture over the pears and serve. This is a very healthy treat, with the pear supplying Vitamin A and fiber and the pecans being an ample source of essential fatty acids and protein.
- 13Drink lingonberry wine as a fortifying weight-loss tonic.Drink a glass or two every day at bedtime to help accelerate your weight-loss. You can find lingonberry wine in most gourmet weight loss shops. If you are an alcoholic or tend to gain weight when you drink then do not drink this but most people will benefit from the concentrated polyphenols and antioxidants in lingonberry wine.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Buy organic dried lingonberries to make sure they are not infected with pesticides
- It is possible to buy fresh lingonberries, but often they are quite fragile and must be eaten quickly
- Make sure that you use organic produce as the other ingredients in your smoothie as well
- Frozen lingonberries can sometimes be found in health food stores, in which case you can use them in smoothies instead of the juice and add more fiber to your drinks
- As an added bonus, drinking lingonberry juice helps treat chronic urinary tract infections
- Lingonberries are also very good for your oral health, which is good for preventing weight gain due to the swallowed bacteria caused by periodontal disease
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna