Lose Weight with Homemade Slimming Creams Using Aloe Vera, Eucalyptus and Lemon vs Cayenne Pepper, Almond Oil and Beeswax vs Kelp Powder, Fennel Oil and Olive Oil ... and 4 more
Edited by Donna, Alma, Eng, SangeetaB
Homemade slimming creams can help you lose weight through the topical application of a mixture that you can make yourself using ordinary ingredients commonly found in your kitchen cabinet or drug cabinet. They are also sometimes called do-it-yourself fat burning creams or homemade cellulite creams
Method 1: Using Aloe Vera, Eucalyptus and Lemon
This homemade slimming and fat-burning cream works when applied topically because:
- Aloe Vera is a natural tightener and lifter of the skin, helping to shrink pores and make the areas that you treat look slimmer
- Eucalyptus oil is a very potent stimulator of the circulation, which helps your body to eliminate fat and fluids from your tissues
- Eucalyptus cools and heats the skin at the same time, inducing the release of toxins through the skin
- The lemon in this recipe is rich in Vitamin C and Zinc which reduces inflammation, bloating and helps to melt fat from your body
- The body cream is a moisturizer that also works as a carrier that can help deliver the benefits of the aloe vera leaf, eucalyptus oil and lemon juice beneath the skin where it works to dissolve fat
- 1Good choices are Curel, Cetaphil and Aveeno. These inexpensive unscented drug store brands are good for all skin types and also do not contain ingredients that could interfere with the fat-burning effects of the aloe vera gel and eucalyptus.Choose an allergy-safe body lotion to use as a base for the slimming cream.Advertisement
- 2The freshest, most organic source of aloe vera can be squeezed out of an aloe vera leaf, but if that is not available to you then you can also buy commercial versions of the gel in a bottle. Use a jar or a bowl with a lid or cap to store the finished fat-burning cream in so that you can save any excess to use in future treatments.Combine a cup of allergy safe body lotion, a tablespoon of aloe vera gel, 5 drops of pure eucalyptus oil and a tablespoon of organic lemon juice in a bowl and mix the ingredients together well.Advertisement
- 3Do not take a shower after rubbing this cream into your skin. As the aloe vera, eucalyptus and lemon are already mixed with a commercial body lotion, it should sink easily into the skin and not leave it feeling oily or greasy.Apply the slimming cream to the areas you feel need spot reduction and then rub the cream into your skin with firm pressure until it is fully absorbed.
- 4Be sure your skin is clean. Oily skin can prevent absorption of the fat-burning constituents in the aloe vera and eucalyptus oil.Apply this slimming cream to the areas that need slimming body twice a day, both in the morning ad at night.
Method 2: Using Cayenne Pepper, Almond Oil and Beeswax
This homemade slimming and fat-burning cream helps you spot reduce and lose inches because:
- Almond oil is an emollient full of long chain fatty acids that helps smooth the appearance of skin, moisturize it and dissolve fat
- Almond oil is carrier oil that helps deliver the benefits of cayenne chili peppers deep into the dermis, to assist your cells and tissues with releasing fat
- Chili peppers contain capsaicin, which stimulates your circulation and creates a heat that helps your body melt fat and circulate it into your blood for disposal faster
- Cayenne peppers also make your skin sweat, helping to eliminate toxins and excess water through the skin, which may help you look slimmer
- The beeswax is mainly a carrier for the chili pepper, but also is an emollient and tightener that helps tone the skin, thus reducing the look of cellulite
Note that some people are very sensitive to cayenne pepper and can experience a burning sensation or have their skin turn red after applying it so it is a good idea to do a spot test by applying the cayenne pepper slimming cream to a small area of your skin. If your skin turns red, itches or burns, then do not use this type of slimming cream for weight loss. Instead, choose another option that is not so irritating to your skin.
To make a Cayenne Pepper, Almond Oil, and Beeswax slimming cream:
- 1You can also use ground cayenne pepper if you do not mind a cream with a bit more texture, but it is the ground cayenne pepper that will be absorbed more easily into the skin.In a double boiler, melt one cup of almond oil, ½ cup of organic beeswax and two tablespoons of powdered cayenne pepper.Advertisement
- 3This will result in a fluffier mixture with the texture of a real spreadable cream that can be stored for months in a jar or bowl that has a lid. This is because the beeswax is also a natural, bacteria-resistant preservative that is also used in commercial preparation.Let the mixture cool for about ten minutes in the refrigerator and then take it out and blend it with a hand mixer for about a minute.
- 4If the mixture feels hot on your hands, you can use gloves to apply it. It is normal for your skin to feel hot or a mild burning sensation at first, as this is indicative of the slimming cream increasing your circulation.Apply the cayenne, almond oil and beeswax slimming cream to the body areas that need spot reduction and let it melt into your skin.
- 5It is best not to apply it just before a shower as the capsaicin could end up in a sensitive part of the body, such as the eyelids or genitals. Be sure to apply this homemade fat-burning at least four hours before you have a shower to avoid any mishaps.For best results, apply the cayenne, almond oil and beeswax slimming cream twice a day.
Method 3: Using Kelp Powder, Fennel Oil and Olive Oil
This homemade slimming potion works to help burn fat when applied to your skin because:
- Kelp is a natural exfoliate that helps scrub off the top layers of your skin so that it appears less lumpy from any fat deposits, such as cellulite, that might beast below the surface
- Kelp is rich in minerals that are good for the skin, such as copper, potassium, and magnesium helps regenerate skin tissues and tighten your skin so it looks less saggy
- Kelp helps to leach water out of your tissues so that you appear less bloated
- Ground kelp powder is very high in B-Vitamins and amino acids that can help regenerate and rebuild cells that have been affected by insulin resistance and obesity
- Fennel oil helps your body flush out stagnant deposits of lipids and toxins in the cells that might be causing cellulite
- Fennel is also a powerful diuretic that helps eliminate bloat from tissues, making you look slimmer
- Olive oil is a natural moisturizer that contains essential fatty acids, which can help dissolve fat deposits
To make this fat-burning slimming cream at home:
- 1This will produce a smooth, green spreadable paste. You can make this kelp powder yourself by buying the dried kelp seaweed and grinding it up in a food processor. If real kelp is not available then wakame seaweed will work just as well.Combine a two-thirds of a cup of pure organic extra virgin olive oil with thirty drops of essential oil of fennel and two cups of ground kelp powder and mix until smooth by hand, or ideally, in a blender.Advertisement
- 3The grainy mixture should just rinse away naturally on its own and leave your skin looking quite clean. Do not use soap and water on your skin after this treatment or you might reduce the beneficial effects of the cream.After twenty minutes or longer, remove any residue from the treatment by standing under the shower.
- 4Allergic reactions to the essential oil of fennel are rare but can happen. If you experience a burning sensation or if your skin turns pink or blisters then immediately rinse the kelp slimming potion off of your body in the shower.Apply this treatment two to three times a day every day until you achieve your desired results.
Method 4: Using Coconut Oil, Witch Hazel and Five Essential Oils
This homemade slimming cream works to help you burn at when applied topically because:
- Coconut oil is a known fat-oil that also detoxifies the tissues
- Coconut oil contains essential fatty acids that help smooth the skin and as help, you break down fatty lumps beneath the dermis as you massage it into your skin
- Witch hazel is a tighter and toner of the skin which helps reduce how lumpy cellulite-ridden skin can look
- Juniper is a blood purifying diuretic that helps bloated tissues eject fat and water
- Rosemary s a potent booster o the circulation that helps with flushing the lymphatic system and helps with water retention
- Cyprus oil contains constituents that help fight inflammation in individual cells and that also help them release fat and water
- Grapefruit essential oil is a potent anti-inflammatory that helps cells shed water and cellulite
- All of these oils promote sweating and the elimination of water and toxins through the skin
- Both the beeswax and the coconut oil in this homemade slimming cream help deliver the essential oils into your dermis to aid your cells
To make your own Coconut Oil, Witch Hazel and Five Essential oils fat-burning and slimming cream:
- 5Keep in mind that you should not take a shower after applying this treatment to your fatty areas, nor should it be necessary, because if the cream is made correctly, it will sink into your skin easily.Apply this cream to your problem areas every day, two to three times a day until you have reached your desired results.
- 6Keep any leftover slimming cream in the refrigerator.Use this cream every day up to three times a day to spot reduce fatty areas of your body.
Method 5: Using Coffee, Sugar and Olive Oil
This homemade fat-burning and slimming cream works to help you shed pounds when applied topically because:
- Ground coffee stimulates your circulation, helping your body to detoxify stubborn fat trapped in tissues so it can be eliminated through the bloodstream
- The caffeine in ground coffee helps eliminate water beneath the skin so that the kidneys can dispose of it, which in turn makes you look less puffy
- The grains of ground coffee ire a natural exfoliator that removes the top layer of skin cells, allowing problems like cellulite to resolve themselves
- Ground coffee directly helps to thin and reduce fat deposits so that the fat is dissolved and then sent into the blood stream for disposal
- Ground coffee is also a natural tightened of the skin that helps tone up the superficial fascia that holds fat deposits in your tissues making problems like cellulite less apparent
- White cane sugar is a natural exfoliate that helps your skin look smoother as the fine grains polish it and refine it
- Sugar is also natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxyl acid that breaks down the bond between fatty tissues and helps break them down so the body can get rid of them
- Sugar is a natural humectant, drawing moisture from the environment to the skin, which may help reduce bloat and water retention
- Olive oil contains essential fatty acids that help smooth out the appearance of skin that may seem bumpy because of fat deposits
To make and apply homemade coffee, sugar and olive oil slimming cream:
- 3As this is a messy homemade cream, you may want to stand on plastic or a mat or even wear a plastic cape or raincoat to avoid having the coffee grounds drop onto the floor. You might also want to have a catcher for your drain in your shower to prevent the coffee grains and olive oil from congealing in your drain and causing a clog.Wait at least twenty minutes so that the mixture can sink into the skin and do it's work and then rinse it off with warm water.
- 4Doing the treatment first thing in the morning and then again before you go to bed at night is ideal.Do this treatment at least once a day, but ideally twice a day for best results.
Method 6: Using Vicks Vaporub, Ethyl Alcohol and Baking Soda
This homemade fat-burning and slimming cream works because applied topically because:
- Vicks Vaporub contains camphor, which tightens the skin and stimulates your circulation, which in turn helps to break down fat
- The menthol in Vicks Vaporub helps to keep skin from losing its shape and also stimulates the circulation and sweating, thus facilitating weight loss
- The eucalyptus in Vicks Vaporub also stimulates your circulation, promotes sweating and assists with the elimination of toxins and fat
- The baking soda is a natural exfoliate, which smooths and detoxifies the skin
- The ethyl alcohol is a drying agent that helps firm and tone your skin as well as stimulate your circulation, which in turn helps fat deposits beneath the skin to dissolve
To make and apply homemade Vicks Vaporub, Ethyl Alcohol, and Baking Soda slimming cream:
- 1It is best to do this by hand with a spoon or fork. The ethyl alcohol helps the mixture thin out, so it is more like cream. Use a lidded container that will help the mixture keep for several days.In a bowl or jar, mix together six tablespoons of Vicks Vaporub with two tablespoons of ethyl alcohol and two tablespoons of baking soda.
- 2Massage the mixture into your skin using circular motions to help break up the fat deposits that lay beneath your skin. Some people are sensitive to eucalyptus oil and menthol, both of which are ingredients in Vicks Vaporub. If you experience an allergic reaction, then stop using this homemade and remove what you have applied to your body immediately. Allergic reactions to the essential oils in the Vicks Vaporub can include a rash, pink skin, itching skin and an unbearable burning sensation. Immediately rinse the oil off your skin, if this happens, with cool water and do not use a cloth to rub it off or you might make the situation worse. Applying plain yogurt to the burning part of your skin can help absorb the oils and calm the allergic inflammation down.Apply the Vicks Vaporub, ethyl alcohol and baking soda slimming cream to the areas of your body that require weight loss.
- 3Although it will absorb somewhat into the skin, you may want to avoid sitting down while the cream is working to help dissolve fat deposits. It is normal for you to feel a slight tingling wherever you have applied this homemade cream to your skin.Leave the Vicks Vaporub, alcohol and baking soda fat-burning mixture on your clean, dry skin for at least twenty minutes.
- 6Twice a day is ideal but do not force yourself to adhere to twice a day if your skin turns pink after treatment. Some people can tolerate twelve hours between a treatment and some people need twenty-four hours, simply because their skin is a bit more sensitive.Apply this treatment at least once a day for maximum effect.
Method 7: Using Orange, Ginger, Matcha Green Tea and Greek Yogurt
This do-it-yourself slimming and fat-burning cream helps you spot reduce because;
- Essential oil of orange stimulated your circulation and tightens your capillaries so that skin is tauter and retains less flab and water
- Essential oil of orange reduces swelling by preventing lymph build up and reducing water retention, which makes you looks slimmer
- Essential oil of ginger stimulates the flow of blood in your body and also helps to strengthen connective tissues so that fat deposits seem less obvious (as is the case with cellulite)
- Green tea is a powerful diuretic and natural anti-inflammatory that boosts the turnover of cells and helps them lose water and fat
- Greek yogurt contains alpha-hydroxyl acids, that when applied to the skin helps tighten your pores and makes your skin tauter looking so that you look slimmer
To make and apply Orange, Ginger, Matcha Green Tea and Greek Yogurt slimming cream:
- 1Use a bowl or jar with an airtight lid so that you can save any extra mixture you have made for future use.Mix together one-half of a cup of organic Matcha Green Tea powder, 1 cup of Greek yogurt with ten drops of ginger essential oil and twenty drops of orange essential oil in a bowl or mason jar until you have a thick cream.
- 2Apply it everywhere that you feel you need to lose weight. Using a bit of pressure as you massage it into your skin to assure the delivery of the beneficial antioxidants in the orange and ginger oils. If you want it to be more like a scrub, add a little salt and more green tea to the mixture. Some people do develop reactions to ginger oil and to citrus oils, like essential oil of orange, so if your skin feels like it is burning, then rinse the homemade cream off of your skin immediately and avoid using it as a fat-burning treatment in the future.Apply this homemade slimming cream to your clean dry skin.
- 5Doing the treatment first thing in the morning and then again before you go to bed at night is ideal.Do this treatment at least once a day, but ideally twice a day for best results.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- You can accelerate the rate of weight loss by wrapping your treated areas with saran wrap or thin plastic and sitting in a very warm room, which transforms the slimming cream into a do-it-yourself spa wrap treatment
- Using a loofah or plastic scrub to remove the creams in the shower can also help stimulate your circulation and speed up fat-burning and weight loss (but do not do this if using a homemade mixture that contains a stimulating essential oil such as eucalyptus or camphor.)
- Applying very firm pressure with your knuckles and the palms of your hand as you apply the homemade slimming creams to any area o your body can help break up the fat deposits beneath your skin so they can be more easily eliminated
- It is also beneficial to fill a bathtub with hot water and then lower yourself into the tub, where the slimming cream will then dissolve into the water become a therapeutic fat-burning bath the treats the entire body
- The longer you leave a fat-burning slimming cream on your body, the more effective it will be at helping you to eliminate fat through spot reaction
- The freshest source of aloe vera gel is from the leaves of the plant, which is very common and widely available at small markets grocery and plant stores
- To extract fresh aloe vera gel from a plant simply snip off one of the plant's long spiky fronds and squeeze the gel from the cut end, just as you would toothpaste from a tube
- If you are not getting a healthy amount of exercise, you may not see results with these homemade creams, as a sedentary lifestyle will be fighting against your intentions to spot-reduce fat from your body
- Make sure you are eating a healthy diet with very little saturated fat, which means no junk food or you may not see results using your homemade slimming creams
- Drink at least eight-ounce glasses of water a day to help your system flush the fat, eliminated by the cream, out of your body
- Drinking at least two cups of plain matcha green tea can help improve the efficiency of your homemade slimming cream because it helps to flush fat out of the body.
Questions and Answers
How to lose weight with strict office schedule with night shifts sometimes. Is there a way to lose weight very fast without exercise and diet?
Hi there, I would like to know the possible and feasible diet plan for a strict schedule at office with night shifts sometimes. I hardly get time to eat or exercise and still want to lose weight. I am a karate student but can attend classes occasionally. Is there a way to lose weight very fast without exercise and diet?
It seems that you cannot or unwilling to commit to the diligence in eating and 7 plus hours a week that you need to lose weight. Unfortunately losing weight in a healthy and natural manner is not possible unless you make time to eat slowly properly, exercise for a least an hour every day and get at least eight hours of sleep every night. If you cannot find a solution on your own to this life style issue, then you might consider visiting a plastic surgeon who provides liposuction and surgery, however keep in mind that this is also a quick fix and that you may continue to gain weight afterwards if you are not able to make some adjustments to your lifestyle.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Lose Weight with Homemade Slimming Creams. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Homemade_Slimming_Creams
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Lose Weight with Homemade Slimming Creams." VisiHow, visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Homemade_Slimming_Creams Accessed 23 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Lose Weight with Homemade Slimming Creams." Accessed May 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Homemade_Slimming_Creams.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Alma, Donna