Lose Weight with Guava With A 3 Day Guava Leaf Tea Fast vs With the 7 Day Guava Fat Burning Diet vs By Substituting Meals for Guava Smoothies ... and 1 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma, Maria
- 1 Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Eating Guava
- 2 Guava Smoothie Recipes Under 200 Calories
- 3 Tips and Tricks
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 How many days does it take guava tea to make you loss weight?
- 4.2 Hi, where can I get guava leaves in London?
- 4.3 To use fresh leaves is it the common guava growing wild in my garden or a special variety?
- 4.4 Hello Donna want to use guava leaves to flatten my tummy but I am a breast feeding mother?
- 5 Referencing this Article
- 6 Comments
Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Eating Guava
Guava is called a super fruit because it contains protein, high amounts of just about every vitamins and mineral and plenty of fiber. Guavas are also low in sugar, contain no cholesterol and are a natural appetite suppressant.
Guava is an exotic tropical fruit, about the size of an average orange or pear, that is either green or pink with a rough edible outer skin. The inside flesh pale yellow, green, rose or light pink inside. The most common type of guava sold in North America is called the green apple and the flesh is inside is usually green or pink. Guava is now widely available for purchase at most grocery stores. You can also acquire them at Asian fruit markets, health food stores and stores specializing in gourmet produce.
Aside from eating the fruit, you can also make a weight loss tea from the leaves of the plant. The leaves are a very dark green in color and you can use the fresh leaves or the dried leaves. The dried leaves can be bought in loose form or packed in tea bags in health food stores and at Asian and South American food markets.
Eating guava fruit promotes weight loss because:
- There are only 14 grams of carbohydrates in an average sized guava, which makes it an exceptional diet choice for those trying to only eat foods that are on a low carb diet
- There are only 55 calories in each fruit, but it also offers a lot of nutrition in return, which makes it an excellent food choice for dieters trying to limit their calorie intake
- Guavas contain a very small amount of fat at .95 grams, but it is the healthy kind that supports brain, nerve function and the health of the nerves that govern your endocrine system and guts
- Just one guava has the Vitamin C of four oranges, which helps to fight inflammation and keeps all of the systems of the body disease-free and in working order
- Guavas are rich in phytochemicals that help maintain cellular health over the long term, thus helping to prevent weight gain due to aging issues.
- They are is a rich source of all of B vitamins, including B1, B3, B6 and folate which helps diminish brain, improve gut functions and optimizes your metabolism so that carbohydrates are turned into fuel instead of stored as fat
- Guavas are one of the richest sources of easily digested fiber that helps clear waste and toxins from the digestive system,
- They are very high in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and kidney function and trims inches from your waist because it reduces bloating
- Guavas contains high amounts of iron and magnesium, which are needed to keep your nervous system and hair healthy while you are on a diet
- Guavas are very high in the mineral copper, which assists with the regulation of hormones and the proper functioning of the thyroid
- Guava is very filling, which helps cut cravings for sweeter or saltier treats between meals
- Guava assists with the absorption of nutrients, thus helping you to work out longer, and with more stamina, and build the kind of lean muscle that helps you burn fat even when your body is at rest
- Guavas have an astringent quality that helps tighten loose skin tissue, which is important if you are losing weight quickly and also helps to fight inflammation that occurs all over the body
- The natural disinfectants and astringent quality of guava helps treat inflamed intestines and reduce histamine reactions to food and bloating due to gas
- Guava is a natural blood thinner that thins the blood and reduces blood sugar, thus helping all of your bodily processes to speed up and repair themselves
Drinking a tea made from brewed guava leaves promotes weight loss because:
- The leaves have a property that acts a natural carb blocker, preventing complex starches from being into sugar, thus making it easier for those with and without metabolic disorders to lose lots of weight
- It contains tannins that help kill bacteria and parasites that might be lurking in your intestines, creating mucus that blocks your body from getting the nutrients it needs
- The beverage fights insulin resistant conditions, such as Type II diabetes, that can cause water retention and weight gain
- The tea leaves contain a natural antiseptic that helps treat any skin breakouts that might occur as the result of rapid detoxification from dieting
Method 1: With A 3 Day Guava Leaf Tea Fast
This weight loss plan is a fast entails drinking a freshly brewed tea made from brewed guava leaves and nothing else for three days. This usually enables most people to lose three to eight pounds in a very short time.
- 1Consult with your physician or doctor, before going on this or any other kind of fast.Guava leaves possess a property that thins out the blood and this can interact with medications that are commonly prescribed treat cardiovascular problems or high blood pressure. If you are diabetic or need to take the medicine with food, fasting may not be the route you should take to lose weight, as starving yourself can drastically lower your blood sugar.Advertisement
- 2Take time off work and clear your schedule as you may not have the energy for doing anything that you would normally do.You will also not be able to work out as you do usually as your body will not have enough calories to fuel your exercising body. Be sure to pamper yourself by taking lots of naps and take it very easy for the three-day duration of the diet.Advertisement
- 3Obtain fresh or dried guava leaves from a gourmet health food store or Asian food market.Sometimes, a few of the leaves are still attached to the fruit that you purchase, and you can use those to make a very strong version of the tea. You can also find dried guava tea leaves that are sold either loose or in tea bags in Asian markets, health food stores and some grocery stores.
- 4Boil water and then pour the brew over dried guava tea leaves in a glass teapot infuser for about ten minutes.If you are using the fresh leaves, you may have to brew them a little longer. The stronger the brew, the better so if you can let the leaves sit in the pot for as long as an hour that is preferable. You can always add water if the tea tastes too strong or tastes bitter. The bitterness of the leaves is what contains the tannins that help detoxify your organs and trigger weight loss.
- 8If you get a headache from drinking the guava leaf tea then rub your temples or the back of your neck with Tiger Balm.It is best to stay away from painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills such as Advil, ibuprofen or aspirin while you are on this fast, as they place a very heavy burden on your liver and can cause bloating, especially if you are not eating any additional food.
- 9Scrub your skin well with a rough cloth or loofah when you take a shower and then follow up with a rinse of cold water to close your pores.Scrub your skin hard and often to help speed up the process of eliminating toxins through the skin. Rinsing with cold water afterward can also help you tighten skin that might be feeling loose because of extreme weight loss.
- 12Purify your body and expel toxins in a sauna or by taking a steam bath.Basking in the heat and sweating also help you feel more relaxed. Be sure to drink a great deal of water while you are in a sauna. Avoid sitting steam rooms and saunas if you are feeling light-headed or dizzy and try sitting outside in the sun instead.
- 15You can do this extreme weight loss fast again after eight weeks.It is important to give your body a break after fasting by drinking a detoxifying tea as a way of pacing yourself.
Method 2: With the 7 Day Guava Fat Burning Diet
You can lose up to twelve pounds a week by following this weight loss plan, but it is not healthy to stay on it any longer than that. This diet works because it deprives you of your normal nutritional needs for seven days. You risk malnutrition and health problems if you stay on it any longer than that.
This extreme weight loss plan requires that you replace two regular meals by eating two guava with a very small amount of protein. Eating these two guavas equate to being about 80 calories while at the same time providing you with a bit of protein and most vitamins and minerals that you are required to eat daily to stay healthy.
The diet cuts 1200 to 2500 calories a day from some people's diets, which often results in a very dramatic weight loss on the scale and also a thinning of the midriff.
- 1Check with your physician or dietitian first to see if this calorie restricted diet is right for you.Some health conditions require that you take them with full meals. This diet also includes dairy and meat products and may not be suitable for vegans and vegetarians. This is also not a suitable regimen for a teen or pregnant mother.Advertisement
- 3For breakfast every day for ten days consume a whole guava, with either a half a cup of plain Greek yogurt, one inch by one-inch square block of hard low-fat cheddar cheese or a ½ cup of low-fat cottage cheese.You can also sprinkle a tablespoon (up to half of an ounce of almonds or pecans on top, which adds a bit more protein and essential fatty acids to the diet.
- 4For lunch every day for ten days eat a salad along with another whole guava.The salad can be made of any vegetables and fruit that you like, but make sure that the calorie count of the total amount of ingredients in the salad does not add up to be more than 400 calories. Recommended salad ingredients include raw ingredients such as cucumbers, tomatoes, and any type of lettuce, spinach, and kale. You can also add kale to mango, pineapple, watermelon, blueberries, tangerines, and strawberries. Dress your salad with vinegar only. Good choices are apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar or rice wine vinegar.
- 5For dinner eat four ounces of a recommended protein with two generous servings roasted or raw low carb vegetables.Allowed proteins include oysters, scallops, steak, lamb, turkey chicken shrimp, tuna, and tilapia. You can also eat ground chicken, turkey or beef. Recommended vegetables include mushrooms, zucchini, rapini, kale, squash, turnips asparagus, sweet potatoes and yams. Note that you are not allowed refined starches of any kind on this diet including bread, pasta, potatoes or rice. You can also have fermented products on this diet such as sauerkraut or pickles, with the exception of pickled beets, which are too high in sodium and sugar to support weight loss.
- 12End the diet after a week by consuming foods that are easy on the stomach such as eggs, soups, puddings, stews, bananas, rice, and crackers.If you want to keep the weight off for good, then avoid eating simple carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. including sugar, starches, pasta, potatoes, rice and bread.
- 13If you want to lose more weight in this way, waits a month before you repeat this week long diet.A diet that limits calories to 1200 calories a day or yes cannot sustain your body for months on end and could cause malnutrition and other health problems.
Method 3: By Substituting Meals for Guava Smoothies
The main idea behind this diet is that you will lose the weight if you replace two meals a day with a guava smoothie that is 200 calories or less. This is a daily day plan that you can repeat until you have lost all of the weight without suffering malnutrition because guava is a fairly nutritionally complete food that is only 45 calories per whole fruit. Furthermore, drinking guava smoothies may help reverse metabolic and blood sugar disorders
Like many meal replacement diets, this guava smoothie also involves reducing and completely eliminating your intake of starchy carbohydrates, animal fat, sugars and starts potatoes, rice, bread and pasta. You are also not allowed any type of sugar or any artificial sweeteners on this diet. Allowed sweeteners are Stevia, Truvia or Zing! Note a that there are no snacks allowed on this diet. You may have coffee or tea while you are on this diet and sparkling waters.
This diet works because Guava is creamy, sweet and filling and also because it is a bit of a natural appetite suppressant that can hold you over until the next meal.
- 1Check with your physician before embarking on a low-calorie dieting regimen.This, like many diets, is based on calorie deprivation, and it can affect some people who are taking medication to control a chronic illness, individuals who must take medications with a full meal or people with IBS, chronic fatigue or diabetes.Advertisement
- 3Make sure that the one meal that you eat a day is less than a 1000 calories and that it contains two ounces of a healthy fat, four ounces of a lean protein and a serving of complex carbohydrates in the form of two cups of lettuce or vegetables and two fruits.Suggested proteins are fish, chicken, lamb, beef, oysters, scallops, and shrimps. cottage cheese, yogurt or a tablespoon of crumbled blue or gorgonzola cheese is also allowed. Recommended oils for dressings are coconut oil, sesame seed oil, walnut oil, olive oil and canola oil, as long as you do not use more than one tablespoon per meal.
- 4Make sure that you drink at least eight to ten cups of vapor distilled water or spring water while on this diet.Staying hydrated helps you feel well during the detoxification process and helps to efficiently flush out fats and toxins.
Guava Smoothie Recipes Under 200 Calories
Here are the seven recipes Guava smoothies that are under 200 calories that you can use to replace two meals a day. You can drink a favorite smoothie again and again or use them in any order that you like. They are listed from lowest in calories to highest.
- 1Make a Guava, Coconut Water, and Matcha Green Tea smoothie at 80 calories.Matcha is a form of powdered green tea that acts as a natural smoothie thickener. Add a cup of ice, one whole guava, two heaping tablespoons of matcha green tea and one cup of coconut water to a blender. Add a splash of spring water if the mixture seems too thick. Blend the mixture until it is pourable. Matcha tea is a potent fat burner and the coconut water provides flavor. Coconut water is naturally sweet but if you need this mixture to taste a little sweeter you can add a bit of liquid Stevia to the drink.
- 2Make a Guava, Strawberry and Almond Milk smoothie at 140 calories.Blend together, with one cup of ice, one chopped up guava, one cup of frozen strawberries and a half cup of almond milk. Blend everything together until smooth and frosty and drink. Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C, which supports the function of the liver and almond milk is a good source of filling vegan protein that helps you eliminate bloating. You can add a frozen banana to this to make it 200 calories if you want a richer, sweeter smoothie to tide you over until the next meal.
- 3Make a Guava, Watermelon, and Lime Smoothie at 160 calories.Blend together the flesh of two whole guavas, a cup of watermelon cubes, a cup of coconut milk and a tablespoon of lime juice. If it does not taste sweet enough, you can add a drop or two of Stevia to the mix. Blend it all together until smooth and frosty and garnish with a slice of lime. Watermelon is a powerful diuretic that can help detoxify your system.
- 4Make a Guava, Apple and Cinnamon smoothie at 140 calories.The smooth vanilla-like taste of guava very much suits the taste of apples. Add guava fruit to one cup of ice, a half a cup of spring water, one whole apple cut in half with the peel on (Granny apples work best), a tablespoon of vanilla and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and whirl everything together until it is smooth in texture and drinkable. Apples are a good source of protein, fiber and contain a broad spectrum of vitamin and minerals that are good for you and also support healthy weight loss.
- 5Make a tropical Guava Pina Colada at 150 calories.Blend one cup of ice with one guava, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, a half-cup of pineapple juice and a teaspoon of liquid stevia. The coconut milk is a source of essential fatty acids and protein and the pineapple juice contains bromelain, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps your body digest proteins and acts as an overall pain reliever.
- 6Make a Guava, Banana, and Almond Smoothie at 185 calories.Blend together two small guavas, one frozen peeled banana, a tablespoon of flaxseed oil and ½ cup of freshly squeezed orange or mango juice. Add a cup of ice and whirl the mixture together until cool and frosty. The banana is high potassium which helps alkalinize your tissues and give you energy. The almond milk is a good source of essential fatty acids, which helps you think clearly through the brain fog that sometimes occurs when you are on a limited calorie diet.
Method 4: By Adding Guava to Your Daily Diet
Here are additional ways to include this super fruit in your diet so that you can lose weight by either consuming the guava as a meal, dessert or snack or just simply by adding it to an existing meal so you can benefit from the nutrition, fiber, and pain relief that eating guava can offer.
- 4Drink guava infused-water.Place raw guava chunks in an infusion pitcher and let the fruit soak in two quarts of chilled icy vapor distilled or spring water. You can also add other fruits as well such as sliced lemon, lime or orange or a handful of strawberries, cherries blueberries, or strawberries. It is easy to use whatever other fruit you have on hand to help make the strawberry and vanilla taste of guava taste a bit tarter.
- 6Drink a sugar-free iced tea made with guava juice as often as you like.Guava juice goes well with most teas but especially well with black tea, ginger tea, mint tea, cardamom the and green tea, Simply brew four cups your favorite type of tea and add it to a glass pitcher full of ice cubes and then 1 cup of fresh guava juice. Tea is a natural diuretic and cleanser and guava is a natural fat burner. You can also add mint leaves, a chili pepper and citrus slices to make it even more exotic. Guava iced tea is also enhanced by citrus and berry flavors.
- 7Make a classic tropical guava salad.Chop up the flesh of one mango, one papaya, half of a small watermelon, two tangerines, and chopped pineapple and combine them together in a solid bowl. Add the juice of one orange or a bit of pineapple juice, a tablespoon of Zing or Trivia and ¾ cup of finely minced chopped mint or coriander leaves. Combine until mixed well, chill for half an hour, mix again and serve.
- 8Make a low-calorie chilled guava pudding.Guavas contain natural pectin that makes it chill well into a gelatin form. Blend the flesh of two guavas with two tablespoons whole milk and 1 tablespoon of Truvia sweetener. Blend until thick and then chill in the refrigerator for two hours. This will make one serving of pudding.
- 9Make a Vodka, Guava and Ginger ale cocktail.Muddle together, in a cocktail glass filled with ice, an ounce of vodka, two ounces of guava juice and a ½ cup of minced mint leaves or rosemary leaves. Add a dash of Angorusta bitters and top it all up with ginger ale.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- You can eat the guava in the same way you would an apple because the skin is edible, but if you find it too tough to eat you can always peel the fruit with a vegetable peeler
- Always wash the entire guava fruit before cutting it, as it is an imported exotic fruit that could have bacteria or pesticide on the skin
- It is optional whether or not you want to eat the seeds of a guava fruit, but if you do, they add more fiber
- Guava fruit, guava and the brewed tea does cause gas and stomach cramps in some people and if that is the case start off by consuming less of it before you work yourself up to a cup a day or consider going on a different type of diet.
Questions and Answers
How many days does it take guava tea to make you loss weight?
When you take guava tea when do you see the result physically
Guava Tea along with a diet reduced in carbohydrates and sugar should result in 1 to 2 pounds of weight loss per week. The first 10% of your body weight is primarily "water weight".
See more questions like this: Guava leaf tea weight loss?
Hi, where can I get guava leaves in London?
Need anything I can lay my hands on to help my husband lose weight
Amazon.uk has sellers providing 100% Pure Guava Leaf Tea. You can also inquire in health food locations, where it can be found near the anti-bacterial sections of the store.
To use fresh leaves is it the common guava growing wild in my garden or a special variety?
How to make guava leaf tea from fresh leaves. Can I use the leaves of the common variety growing wild in my garden
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Hello Donna want to use guava leaves to flatten my tummy but I am a breast feeding mother?
I am breast feeding but need help with weight loss and flat tummy with no exercise
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Lose Weight with Guava. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Guava
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Lose Weight with Guava." VisiHow, visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Guava Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Lose Weight with Guava." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Guava.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Alma, Eng, Donna