Lose Weight with Grapefruit Essential Oil With Aromatherapy vs By Using It Topically vs By Taking It Internally ... and 1 more
Edited by Donna, Eng
Grapefruit essential oil, when either ingested, applied to pulse points or diffused through the air can help you lose weight because:
- It contains nootkatone, a natural substance that interacts with chemicals in the brain, liver and muscle to produce a decrease in body fat, especially fat around the abdomen
- The nootkatone in grapefruit essential oil improves physical performance, encouraging the expenditure of carbohydrates and increased endurance
- Grapefruit essential oil triggers lipolysis, a process whereby protein and fats are flushed out of the liver and bloodstream and eliminated
- It stimulates the intestines to eliminate so that waste is cleansed from the system
- Grapefruit oil contains limonene, which protects DNA from aging and conducts the cell repair necessary to achieve a healthy metabolism
- It is a source of Vitamin C, which helps fight the inflammation associated with a dysfunctional metabolism
- It prompts the release of norepinephrine, which increases blood flow and heart rate and allows your muscles to work better and faster
- It is a natural pain reliever that helps you recovers faster from joint and muscle pain so that you can exercise more regularly
Method 1: With Aromatherapy
When essential oils are inhaled, they hit receptors in the nose that produce physical, mental and even emotional reactions. This works because the healing molecules in the oil are transported through the bloodstream where they produce positive actions in the body.
You can diffuse grapefruit essential oil in the following ways.
- 1Keep the anointed hanky on your person so you can continually smell the fumes of the grapefruit essential oil. Refresh the hanky as needed.Pour ten drops of the essential oil on a hanky and inhale the fragrance deeply at least once an hour.Advertisement
- 2Essential oil diffusers come in two main styles: one where drops of the grapefruit oil are applied to a pad and one where the diffusor is filled with a required amount of distilled water.Fill an essential oil diffusor with at least thirty drops of essential oil or apply as many drops to the diffusor pad.Advertisement
- 3Place the unit close to you and breathe in the vapor to take advantage of the grapefruit oil's capacity to trigger weight loss. It is best to use a cold vaporizer as heat can affect some of the healing qualities of the essential oil. If you use a hot vaporizer, there is a chance that some of the healing molecules in the grapefruit essential oil might be altered.Fill a vaporizer with up to fifty drops of essential of oil of grapefruit mixed with an ounce or two of vapor distilled water and keep the unit running all day.
- 4Note that this is the least preferred method of essential oil dispersal because the heat from the candle can cook the oil a bit and reduce the effectiveness of its ingredients.Burn about forty drops of the grapefruit essential oil in an essential oil burner to disperse the aroma through the air.
- 5Keep in mind that this not the most effective way of dispersing the scent but if the aroma is in your clothing and bed linens you are at least getting some of the weight loss benefits of the scent.Mix about sixty drops of essential oil in about ten ounces of water and mist your linens (such as your pillow case), drapes, clothing with the oil so that the healing scent is always with you.
Method 2: By Using It Topically
One of the most effective ways to use grapefruit essential oil for weight loss is to mix it with fractionated coconut oil at a ration of one part essential oil of grapefruit to three parts oil and then apply it to areas of the body that are known to absorb the oils and distribute it through the bloodstream. These areas include:
- The back of the neck
- Just below the collarbone
- The forehead, especially the temples
- The scalp from the temples back to the crown area in straight, stroking lines
- On the belly area just below the rib cage
- On the inside of the elbows and the length of the arm down to the wrists
- In the center of your hand where the palm joins the thumb
- On your lower belly just above the hips
- On either side of the outside of your knees
- On either side of the ankle joint
- Anywhere on the top of your foot
- Anywhere on your toes
- Anywhere on the soles of your feet, but especially in the center of the bottom of your foot
Note that you should avoid applying grapefruit essential oil:
- Anywhere near your eyes or eyelids, as the oil can really sting
- Anywhere near the ears or inside of nears
- Over bruised, damaged skin, sunburns or cuts
To achieve weight loss using grapefruit topically, try the following:
- 1The best places to rub the oil blend on your body to optimize the effectiveness of the oil for weight loss are listed above.Mix three parts of fractionated coconut oil with one part essential oil of grapefruit and rub the oil into your skin.Advertisement
- 2If you ever feel a burning sensation or tingling on your skin at any time during the application, it means that you are using too much grapefruit oil in the lotion or cream.Add two or three drops of oil to a dollop of unscented lotion or moisturizer and then apply it anywhere that you want on your skin.
- 3You can also it dilute it in a pure oil, such as grapeseed or coconut if you like. Immerse yourself fully in the grapefruit essential oil weight loss bath for at least twenty minutes.Add twenty drops of grapefruit essential oil to a bathtub of warm water.
- 4Apply the compress over the stomach area or behind the back of the neck and over the shoulders for best results.Make a hot or cold essential oil compress by soaking a towel or cloth in a sink or pail or water that has at last twenty drops of essential oil of grapefruit in it.
Method 3: By Taking It Internally
Essential oil of grapefruit is very powerful and when using it for weight loss, it is recommended that you use one drop of food-grade essential oil per eight ounces of fluid. It can have a purgative effect on some people, meaning that it causes diarrhea so be very judicious with your use of it.
Here are some ways to add grapefruit essential oil to your diet to facilitate weight loss.
- 1This is the best way to assimilate the benefits of the grapefruit essential oil internally. If you experience bowel discomfort or diarrhea then only do this once again. If you find that taking a drop of essential oil internally is too much for you, simply dip a toothpick into the oil and swirl the pick in a glass of water instead to minimize your dose.Add one drop of essential oil of grapefruit to a glass of vapor-distilled water and drink a glass of it in the morning and a glass at night.
Method 4: With Essential Oil of Grapefruit Weight Loss Blends
Grapefruit essential oil can be mixed with other oils that facilitate weight loss and rubbed on the skin to encourage weight loss. Here are a few pleasant smelling recipes for weight loss oil that you can use on your skin or simply add to a vaporizer or diffusor to optimize your weight-loss efforts.
- 1In a half of cup of almond oil, mix together 10 drops of grapefruit oil with 3 drops of cypress oil, 3 drops of rosemary oil. Massage this oil into your belly, thighs, upper arms and other areas of your body that require weight loss. Like grapefruit oil, these oil of rosemary, cypress and lemon have energizing, clarifying and blood-cleansing qualities that help you lose weight.Create a Grapefruit Fat-Reducing massage oil.
- 2In a half-cup of almond or jojoba oil, combine 10 drops of grapefruit oil with 3 drops of peppermint oil and 3 drops of ginger oil. Rub into the areas of your body that are most affected with cellulite. Peppermint oil and grapefruit oil are very stimulating to the circulation, which can help facilitate weight loss.Create a Grapefruit Anti-Cellulite massage oil.
Tips and Tricks
- If you are uncertain about whether or not you can take an essential oil internally because it is not marked as food grade grapefruit essential oil, then do not take it internally
- Be sure to buy a high quality, organic essential oils or you are risking buying chemical additives that may actually be hormonally disruptive and cause weight gain
- Oil diffusers can be found at appliance stores, health food stores and specialty stores such as Saje or Whole foods
- The best quality diffusers emit cool vapour and are electronic and do not require the use of a pad or even distilled water, such as the ones sold at at Saje
- You can disperse the grapefruit scent through a vehicle by placing it in the air vents
- A drop or two of grapefruit essential oil can be placed on a cloth and be used as a dryer sheet and put in the dryer to give your clothing a special scent or you can add the oil to an unscented dryer sheet
Questions and Answers
What is the best way to loose 10 pounds with using the grapefruit essential oils?
Like getting bigger around the belly.. I no longer have a waste.. 58 years old female
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.