Lose Weight with Goji Berries By Drinking Goji Berry Tea vs Berry Infused Water vs Infused Organic Juice ... and 2 more
Edited by Donna, Eng
Goji berries, also known as Wolf Fruit, Boxthorn lycii berries or lycium fruit are prized for their many health benefits, including weight loss. The red-orange fruit is too fragile to transport far so they are sold dried in health food stores, gourmet food stores and Asian supermarkets. The dried berry has a taste that is very similar to raisins and can be used in recipes that call for raisins in much the same ways.
Goji berries promote weight loss because:
- They are very rare fruit source of all eighteen amino acids, which makes them the ideal diet food for those who want to sustain a level energy while they lose weight
- Goji berries are modulators of the immune system, which prevents bloating and weight gain due to inflammation of the blood vessels, thyroid and pancreas
- They contain long chain sugar acids called polysaccharides that provide the body with fuel source that takes a long time to burn off, thus helping your resist cravings and preventing high blood sugar
- They purify the blood and help flush fat from the blood, thus preventing cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol and fatty liver disease
- Goji berries are an adaptive that restores the body where it is weakest, thus helping all systems to work more efficiently and improves your entire constitution
- Goji berries improve your energy levels, so that you never feel fatigued, even if you are on a limited calorie diet
- Goji berries strengthens your endurance and stamina, allowing you to exercise for longer and thus shed the pounds faster
- The antioxidants in the Goji berries improve cognitive function and can help prevent the foggy thinking that can come with being on a diet
- They contain various antioxidants and polyphenols that are beneficial for the health of your skin and to prevent it from sagging after you lose weight help prevent skin from sagging after weight loss
- The berries are very rich in Vitamin A and beta-carotene, which supports the health of the liver, helping it to convert fat into energy for the body to use
- The berries contain iron, copper and selenium, which helps to support the health of the thyroid gland and help prevent weight gain by regulating the metabolism.
- The high levels of polyphenols and nutrients in Goji berries can help with the adrenal burnout experienced by people who are very obese and get them moving again
- Goji berries limit your histamine levels, preventing weight gain caused by organ inflammation and insulin resistance
- The dried berries are a natural digestive, helping to reduce bloating due to water retention and gas
- Goji berries are also a natural anti-depressant that can help keep you in a good mood even if you are on a limited calorie diet
Method 1: By Drinking Goji Berry Tea
Drinking this nourishing tea every day, at least twice a day, can help you lose at least two pounds a week. You can drink it before or after meals or even in between. There is no limit on how much Goji Berry Tea you can drink in a day to lose weight.
Method 2: By Drinking Goji Berry Infused Water
This is a simple and tasty way to enjoy nutritious Goji berries and reap benefits from the fiber that the fruit has to offer. Drink this solution of water and swollen soaked berries every day to lose about two pounds a day.
Method 3: By Drinking Goji Infused Organic Juice
One way to acquire the weight loss benefits of goi berries every day is to infuse it with a favorite juice. Juices that go well with goji berries include cherry juice, pomegranate, green grape juice, black grape juice, elderberry juice, grapefruit juice and orange juice.
Method 4: By Adding Goji Berries to Dry White Wine
A tasty way to consume Goji berries for weight loss is to make a tonic by soaking the berries in dry white wine. The goji berries add a touch of sweetness and a caramel taste to the wine, which is quite pleasant and gives the wine a smooth taste. Drinking four ounces of this weight loss beverage every day might result in a weight loss of two pounds a week.
Method 5: By Adding Goji Berries to Your Daily Diet
- 2A good blend that goes well with Goji berries is sunflower seeds, flax seed, pecans, walnuts, dried blueberries, coconut, cherries, peaches, raisins and dried pineapple. This blend is a great source of energy, especially if you are planning to work out or go for a long stroll to lose weight.Add Goji berries to trail mix.
- 3Combine the segments of two tangerines, and a handful each of pecans and dried Goji berries. and arrange on a bed of leafy greens. Drizzle with a mixture of lemon juice and honey if you like. You can also add additional ingredients such as mint, shredded coconut and other berries such as raspberries, peaches or strawberries. This salad is a great source of a fiber and protein.Make a Goji Tangerine and Greens salad.
- 4The sweet flavor of the berries goes well with any darker green, especially if it is also dressed with pine nuts red onions, walnuts, tangerines, strawberries, oil and vinegar and salt and pepper. This salad is a good source of vitamins and minerals that support the thyroid gland and liver and the overall efficiency of your metabolism.Add Goji berries to a kale salad.
- 5Goji berries go very well in vegetable broths that are spiced with ginger and chili. Simply soak the berries and add them to your favorite recipe for an orange soup. Soups made from orange-colored vegetables are very high in Vitamin A, which helps to support the health of the liver.Add Goji berries to orange-colored soups such as carrot, sweet potato or squash soups.
- 6The sweet flavor of the berry greatly compliments spicy, savory dishes. The dried berries will swell up, soak up the flavors of the spices and integrate with the other cooked flavors in the stew. Spicy foods contain fat-burning herbs and spices that work in tandem with the Goji berries to help you lose weigh.Add dried Goji berries to chilies and curries.
- 7In a blender filled with ice add a handful of dried Goji berries, a half cup of raw organic cocoa, a cup of sweetened vanilla amend milk and a handful of flax seeds or chia seeds. Whirl everything together until frosty and drink. This is a high-fiber smoothie that helps to sweep debris out of your colon and detoxify your entire system so you can lose weight. The chia and the Goji berries are a great source of protein for dieters. The raw organic cocoa in the blend helps to elevate your mood and make you feel satiated so that you do not succumb to cravings.Make a Raw Cacao and Goji berry Smoothie.
- 8Goji berries go especially well in cookies, cakes and puddings. Keep in mind that desserts that contain flour will slow down your weight gain, but if you are not concerned about losing weight fast, then you will reap the benefits of the fiber in the dessert.Add dried Goji berries to any baked good or dessert.
- 9Soak Goji berries in pure spring water overnight until they are swollen. Drain the berries and add them to a blender. Add a teaspoon of grated orange zest, a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger, one soft pitted date and a teaspoon of raw organic honey. Blend until pureed to make a jam. Note that you can also use this jam as a fruit concentrate that can be mixed into spring water to make a nutritious weight loss beverage.Make your own Goji berry jam for use as a dip, sauce or spread.
- 10Simply add a cup of soaked and drained Goji berries to your regular cranberry sauce recipe and blend everything in a blender. The Goji berries will add fiber as well as additional Vitamin C to the cranberry sauce.Add Goji berries to cranberry sauce.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Do not use dried Goji berries if you are allergic to foods in the nightshade family such as eggplant or mushrooms
- Buy your dried Goji berries from a quality source such as whole foods store and avoid buying them in bulk, as that kind of product could be riddled with mold
- Buy organic Goji berries to make sure that they are not sprayed with pesticide
- It is possible to buy fresh Goji berries, which are round, orange or red colored berries but they are so fragile and exotic that they are often only used as a garnish for desserts or cocktails
- Note that fresh Goji berries are much tarter than the dried version, which contains a bit more sugar
- The best quality Goji berries are from Tibet, not China, but be aware that some brands of dried Goji berries might be labeled as Tibetan, even though they really are from China
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Donna