Lose Weight with Ginger and Cinnamon
Edited by Donna, Eng
How Ginger and Cinnamon Work Together to Trigger Weight Loss
Drinking a tea made of fresh ginger and cinnamon bark works to accomplish weight loss because the two spices work synergistically to:
- Stimulate the circulation so the body is more efficient at clearing toxins and fats out of the bloodstream
- Stimulate the process of peristalsis in the colon to remove excess waste that may be impairing it's function
- Cleanse the digestive system of microorganisms and, fungi and parasites that may be creating a toxic environment in the gut that is sabotaging weight loss
- Halt the growth of the yeast Candida that contributes to metabolic disorders and weight gain
- Help the ejection of bile from the gall bladder, which helps reduce cholesterol
- Lower blood sugar in people with metabolic disorders such as insulin resistance and Type II Diabetes
- Both ginger and cinnamon consist of unique essential oils that calm cravings and help suppress appetite
How to Make Ginger and Cinnamon Tea
To lose weight using ginger and cinnamon, brew a tea made from fresh ground cinnamon bark and grated fresh ginger. You can substitute powdered cinnamon but it will not have as many active ingredients as the fresh bark, which contains more of the essential oil.
- 2Add a quart of boiling water to the teapot.You can keep rebrewing for two more brews if you want to make a lot of this elixir.Advertisement
- 4Drink 8 ounces of the tea first thing in the morning and another before you got to bed.For many this can result in a two-pound loss of weight a week. You can drink the tea as often as you like during the day to lose even more weight.
Ways to Use Cinnamon and Ginger to Your Diet
You can use the ginger and cinnamon tea brew as a base liquid that can be added to other foods that you eat during the day or you can use the spices in powdered or grated form. Ginger can also be sliced and added directly to any dish.
- 4Make an Asian sauce using the cinnamon and ginger tea, onions, garlic and light soya sauce.Fry onions lightly in two teaspoons of light sesame oil with finely chopped onions and garlic and then add cinnamon and ginger tea, and the soya sauce. Pour over any meat, vegetable or rice dish to transform it into an Asian one, while at the same time getting the weight loss benefits of the cinnamon and ginger. Garlic and onions also possess enzymatic abilities that help facilitate weight loss. Note that you can add the grated ginger or powdered cinnamon to these recipes.
- 11Spice up sangria with a bit of cinnamon and ginger tea.Mix red wine, fruit, fruit juice and the cinnamon and ginger teas to create a drink with a healthy bite. A glass of red wine a day is said to cause weight loss because of the resveratrol it contains.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- If you want to boost the fat burning properties of ginger and cinnamon tea and tolerate hot spices well add one half of a tiny red jalapeno pepper to the liquid.
- To sweeten the ginger and cinnamon brew, use a half teaspoon of stevia or Truvia powder; do not use honey. Agave syrup or sugar as these are high glycemic foods that can cause weight gain.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Lose Weight with Ginger and Cinnamon. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Ginger_and_Cinnamon
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Lose Weight with Ginger and Cinnamon." VisiHow, visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Ginger_and_Cinnamon Accessed 23 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Lose Weight with Ginger and Cinnamon." Accessed Mar 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Ginger_and_Cinnamon.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Donna