Lose Weight with Ginger Essential Oil With Aromatherapy vs By Using It Topically vs By Taking It Internally ... and 1 more
Edited by Donna, Eng
You can lose weight with essential oil of ginger by adding it to food or drink, applying it to your skin or dispersing its aromatic molecules through the air using an aromatherapy diffusor or vaporizer.
Ginger essential oil helps you lose weight because:
- It contains compounds called gingerols that reduce all inflammation in the body, including the type of inflammation that causes insulin resistance, thyroid problems and metabolic disorders such as Type 2 Diabetes
- Gingerols in ginger essential oil helps your body absorb the vitamins and minerals that you are consuming, which often reduces the need to eat more
- Ginger is very hot and spicy in nature, which in turn creates feelings of warmth and satisfaction that make overeating or cravings less likely to occur
- Ginger is a natural carbohydrate blocker, which prevents starches and sugars from speeding to your blood stream
- Ginger clears the mind and alleviates the depression that can sometimes be part of being on a low-calorie diet
- It helps alleviate the muscle pain that can prevent some people from exercising and allows them to work out for a longer period of time, and also recover faster from exercise sessions
- It has a spasmodic action on the intestines, which helps you digest food and eliminate waste as quickly as possible so that toxins, yeast and bacteria do not linger in your body
- The ginger oil in peppermint oil also gets rid of gas, which makes you appear less bloated
- It is a natural diuretic, that helps your body flush away toxins
- The warming action of ginger helps kick start your metabolism so that you burn calories faster
- Ginger can help relieve any headaches associated with the detoxification process of being on a diet
- Ginger's warmth also helps open up the vascular system so that lymph can circulate more rapidly through the body thus enabling the disposal of toxins and fat
Method 1: With Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy entails that the essential oil be inhaled, so that the molecules in the oil can enter the bloodstream produce the beneficial chemical reactions that trigger your body to lose weight. In order to lose weight through aromatherapy it is recommended that you be exposed as continually as possible to the vapors of dispersed ginger oil.
For the purposes of losing weight with aromatherapy, there are two styles of diffusers that work well. You can use the style of diffusor in which the oil is added directly to distilled water in the unit or you can use the type of diffusor that requires saturation of a small cotton pad that is then inserted into the unit.
Essential oil of ginger can be diffused for weight loss in the following ways:
- 1Keep the cloth or tissue on your persons that you are continually being exposed to the healing molecules in the ginger oil. If the aroma fades, you can add a few more drops whenever needed.Pour 5-8 drops of the essential oil on a tissue or square of cotton material and inhale deeply at least once an hour.Advertisement
- 2Once vaporized, the smell of ginger is generally quite gentle but you can always put less ginger on the pad or in the water of the diffusor if you find the scent to strong or spicy.Add at least fifteen drops of essential oil of a ginger to an aromatherapy diffusor and disperse it through the air.Advertisement
- 3If you have the option, try to use a cold vaporizer as heat can affect some of the healing qualities of the essential oil. If you use a hot vaporizer, the oil will be more quickly dispersed and also possibly lose some of its healing qualities. Be aware that some vaporizers have a mechanism on them, which allows you to switch from hot to cool vapor, which is preferable if you are using essential oils.Fill a cool-steam or hot-steam vaporizer with up to 50 drops of essential of oil of ginger along with h at least eight cups of vapor distilled water and keep it running all day.
- 4Note that this is the least effective method of receiving aromatherapy molecules through your nasal receptors because the heat from the candle can alter the chemical make-up of the essential oil and thus alter the quality of the essential oil.Burn about 30 drops of the ginger essential oil in a few tablespoons of water in an essential oil burner to distribute the oil's molecules the atmosphere.
- 5Although ginger oil is warming and often seen as a stimulant, the scent is very pleasant and fresh and as it is an adaptive, it will not stimulate you and prevent sleep if it is sprayed on your sheets and pillows.Mix about thirty to forty drops of ginger essential oil in about ten ounces of water and mist your clothing with the oil so that the healing scent is always with you.
Method 2: By Using It Topically
One of the best ways to use essential oil of ginger for weight loss is to blend it with three parts of fractionated coconut oil to one part of ginger oil and apply it to your body. Note that ginger essential oil has a heat to it that can burn sensitive body tissues. When applying ginger oil to your skin it is very important to keep peppermint oil away from your eyes and eyelids, armpits, genitals and groin area.
Note that ginger should also not be applied in excess on the souls of the feet or on the palms as it can cause travel quickly up through the vascular channels of the body causing a burning sensation in the mouth or nasal passages.
Apply the diluted essential oil of ginger (four parts fractionated coconut oil to one part essential oil) to the following areas of the body:
- The temples and stroking backward into the scalp
- The back of the neck
- On the belly area just below the rib cage
- On your buttocks and back of the thighs
- On the length of the arm down to the wrists
- On either side of the outside of your knees
- On either side of the ankle joint
- Anywhere on the top of your foot
- Anywhere on your toes or between the toes
It is best not to apply the oil to any other area of the body, even if it is diluted. If at any point you feel tingling, swelling or redness on your skin stop the application of the treatment immediately and rinse the oil away with a mild soap and very cool water.
To achieve weight loss by applying essential oil of ginger topically, try the following:
- 2You can also use hardened coconut oil and blend the essential oil into it as if it was a cream. Liquid coconut oil becomes creamy once it is subjected to cooler temperatures, so cooling it in a refrigerator helps you create a natural ginger oil saturated cream.Add two or three drops of ginger oil to an ounce of unscented cream or lotion and then apply it anywhere that you want on your skin.
- 4Apply the compress over the belly area or behind the back of the neck. Avoid hot steaming cloths in tandem with ginger oil as that can accidentally cause a mild burn on the skin.Make a warm or cool ginger oil compress by soaking a towel or cloth in a sink or pail or water that has fifteen to twenty drops of essential oil of ginger in it.
Method 3: By Taking It Internally
Ginger essential oil can taste very strong, so be sure to use only a pinpoint of the oil in any recipes. This means taking a toothpick, dipping it in the oil and then dipping the toothpick in the beverage to apply the essential oil. Taking too much of this essential oil can temporarily affect your taste and sense of smell, cause sweating and cause vomiting and purgative bowel movements so be cautious with your use of it.
Be sure to purchase ginger essential oil that is identified as food grade in quality. Oils that re not labeled as food grade are only meant for use in aromatherapy could contain toxic petrochemicals.
Here are some ways to ginger essential oil to your diet to facilitate weight loss.
- 2Essential oil of ginger goes especially well with citrus fruit such as pineapple, lemon, orange or lime, mint flavors, coffee and chocolate flavors. It is also added easily to green smoothies that contain vegetables such as spinach, kale or avocado.Add one pinpoint of essential oil of ginger essential oil to a smoothie.
- 3It goes particularly well with black tea, green tea, mint tea or Chai tea. Ginger oil can also be added to weight loss teas such as fennel tea, cinnamon tea, hibiscus tea and ginger tea. Be prepared for a big boost in metabolism and possible sweating if you add ginger oil to these teas.One drop of essential oil of ginger can also be added to a hot or iced tea.
Method 4: With Essential Oil of Ginger Weight Loss Blends
Ginger oil can be mixed with other oils that facilitate weight loss and rubbed on the skin to encourage weight loss. Here are some recipes to optimize your weight-loss efforts.
- 1Mix half a cup of almond oil with a cup of Epsom salts, two drops of orange oil and two drops of ginger essential oil. Once you are in the shower, use your hands or a washcloth to scrub your body in the places where you are bloated or feel you have cellulite or excessive fat.Create a Ginger and Orange Epsom Salt Shower Scrub.
- 2In a half of cup of jojoba or almond oil, mix together 5 drops of ginger oil with 3 drops of cinnamon oil and 3 drops of lemon oil. Massage this weight loss oil into your belly, thighs, upper arms and other areas of your body that may have saggy skin and fat deposits.Create Ginger Fat-Reducing massage oil.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- If you are uncertain about whether or not you can take ginger essential oil internally because it is not marked as food grade then do not take any risks by taking it internally
- Be sure to buy a high quality, organic essential oil and stay away from commercial oil blends that might not be 100% pure essential oil of ginger
- Oil diffusers can be found at appliance stores, health food stores and specialty stores such as Saje or Whole Foods
- The best quality diffusers emit a cool vapor and do not require the use of a pad or even distilled water, such as the ones sold at Saje
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Donna