Lose Weight with Garland Chrysanthemum By Drinking Garland Chrysanthemum and Gunpowder Green Tea' vs Adding Garland Chrysanthemum Greens to Your Daily Diet
Edited by Donna, Eng, Anonymous
Garland Chrysanthemum is a herbaceous plant used for weight loss in East Asia but it is available fresh in many places in the world. It has an astringent, dry flavor that is reminiscent of mustard greens and it can be eaten raw or cooked. It is also sold with the names Chrysanthemum Greens, Crown Daisy, Mantilda, Shungiku, Chouy Suey Greens and Tong Hao. It is the leaves of the plant that are edible and used in cuisine.
The Garland Chrysanthemum promotes weight loss because:
- It contains a special weight loss factor called chlorogenic acid that slows the release of glucose into the bloodstream and prevents your body from turning sugar and carbs into fat
- The chlorogenic acid in this herb also promotes the building of lean muscle mass, which burns more calories than the flab that comes along with being overweight and obese
- This is a tasty green that contains 22 calories per 100 gram serving and absolutely no fat, which makes it an ideal weight loss food because it takes more calories to digest it than it does to consume it
- It is a fresh green that, when eaten raw, is very rich in fiber, which in turn helps eliminate waste and fat from the digestive system and colon
- It is rich in antioxidant compounds such as flavonoids and carotenoids that help prevent heart disease and also prevent skin from sagging due to extreme weight loss
- The plant is extraordinarily rich in potassium with 460 milligrams per 100 grams, helping your body to flush sodium and reduce bloating
- The high potassium content in Garland Chrysanthemum can also help flush fatty deposits and cellulite out of tissues
- The high potassium content in the herb also helps you recover quickly after exercise, which allows you to exercise more often, with less pain and or a longer period of time
- The herbal green is very high in Vitamin A, which supports the health of your liver, preventing fatty liver disease
- The green is high in calcium, which is beneficial for muscle function and nerve health and helps flush toxins out of the body
- Garland Chrysanthemum is a bitter herb that helps flush out the liver and gallbladder, helping your entire system to work more efficiently when it comes to weight loss and also helping to prevent fatty liver disease
Method 1: By Drinking Garland Chrysanthemum and Gunpowder Green Tea'
Drinking a strong tea made from a blend of green tea and Garland Chrysanthemum every day, at least twice a day, can help you lose two pounds or more of weight a week. Green tea contains similar types polyphenols and antioxidants that when combined with the Garland Chrysanthemum tea optimizes the fat-burning abilities of your metabolism.
- 2Pour about four cups of boiling water over the leaves and brew for about fifteen minutes.You can let this tea sit all day to make a strong liqueur that you can use for the next three days to make a cold version of the tea. This tea, either hot or cold, goes well with lemon and over ice. You can sweeten it with a bit of honey if you like.Advertisement
Method 2: By Adding Garland Chrysanthemum Greens to Your Daily Diet
Here are additional ways to include Garland Chrysanthemum greens in your diet so that you can benefit from the high nutrition, detoxification and anti-inflammatory qualities of these berries. The more of the fresh green that you consume, the more weight you will lose.
- 1Finely chop up the Garland Chrysanthemum greens and add them to tomato juice.You can do this manually or whip it up in a blender with the tomato juice and ice to make a frosty weight loss smoothie. Tomatoes are high in the antioxidants and vitamins that promote liver health and weight loss.Advertisement
- 2Make a spicy green smoothie featuring Garland Chrysanthemum as the main ingredient.Add one cup of chopped Garland Chrysanthemum to a blender filled with ice, one chopped tomato, a cup of packed kale or spinach, one small chopped cucumber, a garlic clove, a teaspoon of coconut oil, a cup of Matcha green tea and a half cup of coconut water. Season with salt and pepper and serve. This particularly nutritious smoothie is detoxifying and makes your stomach slimmer by reducing bloat.
- 3Make a detoxifying Garland Chrysanthemum, Beet and smoothie.In a blender, combine half of a cup of Garland Chrysanthemum greens, one small chopped raw beet, one small chopped apple, a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, a tablespoon of flax seeds and a tablespoon of grated ginger. Add some ice and a splash of spring water and blend everything together. This particular recipe will cleanse your liver and colon of fat and toxins and the ginger in the smoothie will help boost your circulation and metabolism.
- 6Make a Chrysanthemum Garland Yogurt and Lemon Dip.Mix 1 cup of this plain Greek yogurt with 1 cup of chopped chrysanthemum garland greens, one chopped garlic clove, the juice of one whole lemon, a tablespoon of sesame seeds and a teaspoon of honey. Blend it altogether and serve with vegetables or a dip.
- 7Chop up the raw Chrysanthemum Garland herb and add it to miso soup.This is one of the simplest and most filling ways to enjoy the benefits of the herb. You can also add tofu to the soup to elevate it's protein quotient. This is a very nutritious diet soup that you can make to eat as a full lunch or as a snack to tide you over to the next meal.
- 8Make a spicy Chrysanthemum Garland salsa.Combine ¼ cup each of minced Chrysthanemum garland, cilantro, parsley, garlic, scallions, red Serrano hot chilies and green onion. Add a cup of chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers and red bell pepper. Season with the zest of two lemons and then season salt and pepper. Blend all of the ingredients together with a spoon and serve. Everything in this salad is very rich in antioxidants and the chili peppers boost the circulation so that it is easier for your body to metabolize fats.
- 10Make a spicy Chrysanthemum Garland Gazpacho.Add one cup of ice to a blender container and then add 1 chopped medium pepper, ¼ cup chopped cucumber, ¼ cup chopped red pepper, ½ cup of chopped Garland Chrysanthemum herb, ½ medium avocado, a tablespoon of chopped red onions, and ¼ cup of chopped parsley and a dash of salt and pepper. You can also season this with a teaspoon of dill pickle juice, a dash of chili flakes or a dash of hot sauce. Whirl everything together until smooth. Every ingredient in this cold soup is rich in antioxidants and high in Vitamin C, thus supporting your weight loss efforts. The avocado adds a bit of healthy fat to your smoothie to support brain function and it also elevate your mood while you are on a low calorie diet.
- 11Make a Cream of Garland Chrysanthemum soup.In a six quart pot combine four cups of fresh chopped Garland Chrysanthemum three tablespoons of unsalted butter, two cloves of chopped garlic, 1 chopped yellow onion, 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock, 1 cup of heavy cream or coconut milk, a splash of white wine and the juice of one lemon. Simmer all of the ingredients for about one hour until cooked and then puree it all in a blender until smooth. Although this dish is higher in fat, it is still very healthy because of the generous amounts of parsley and garlic in it, all of which are very rich in chromium. Chromium helps fight insulin resistance and weight gain.
- 12Add chopped Garland Chrysthanemum sauce to pour over meat, fish or vegetables.Heat two cups of milk to a simmer, not boiling and add ½ cup of chopped Garland Chrysanthemum, ½ cup of chopped parsley, a chopped scallion bulb, and two ounces of butter and a tablespoon of flour in a saucepan. Season with twelve whole peppercorns and stir the mixture constantly until you have a creamy sauce. Serve over pork, chicken, potatoes, broccoli or cauliflower as a sauce.
- 13Make a Garland Chrysanthemum Bloody Mary.In a small blender, mix together two ounces of vodka, a tablespoon of finely chopped mustard greens, a teaspoon of pickle juice, a dash of Worcester sauce and a dash of Tabasco over ice. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Serve this healthy weight loss cocktail with a pickle as a garnish. This alcoholic drink is very high in potassium, which helps reduce bloat by flushing sodium and toxins out of the body. If you are sensitive to alcohol, you can also make a virgin version of this by replacing the vodka with more tomato juice.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Although it is a bit more difficult to do this when buying exotic greens you should always attempt to buy organic, whenever possible
- The leaves should be braised very lightly in water or light oil like coconut if you are cooking them to preserve the antioxidants in the plant
- Slightly wilted produce may still have its nutrients but avoid buying Garland Chrysanthemum that is yellow or tinged with brown
- The fragile produce will last longer if you store it in a glass of water, like you would a cut plant, in the refrigerator, with a bit of plastic wrapped over the top of it
- You can chop up this green and combine it with a bit of water so that you can freeze it in ice cube tray
- In some people, the plant can cause mild nausea and if this is the case with you then it is important for you to stop taking the green immediately
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna