Lose Weight with Fennel Seed Water By Brewing Fennel Seeds vs Soaking Fennel Seeds Overnight
Edited by Donna, Eng
Fennel seed water is made from the seeds of a root vegetable and herb called Fennel that is known for it is diuretic and fat-burning qualities. You can expect to lose about two pounds of week if you drink at least four cups of fennel seed water a day.
Fennel seed water triggers weight loss because:
- Fennel seed water is a mild diuretic that helps you flush water out of your system, rinsing it of fat and toxins
- Fennel seeds have a relaxing anti-spasmodic effect on your digestive system, which helps prevent the sensation of hunger
- It contains calcium, which is essential for the health of the endocrine system and helps prevent high blood pressure and diabetes
- The calcium in fennel seeds also calms the nervous system, making it easier for you to resist the irritability and cravings that come with dieting
- The magnesium in fennel seeds helps your body turn carbohydrates into fuel instead of fat
- The magnesium in the fennel seeds helps you get the rest you need at night, important for resetting your metabolism
- Fennel seed water is also a good source of melatonin, which also helps you sleep at night and assists your endocrine system with repairing itself
- Fennel seeds contain phosphorus, which boosts your energy and helps your body process protein
- Fennel seeds contain potassium, which helps flush excess sodium out of your body, which in turn reduces bloating
- The water replenishes the water because it is rich in Vitamin A, and this in turn helps prevent fatty liver disease
- The high Vitamin C content in Fennel seeds strengthens the immune system and prevents inflammatory diseases that can lead to metabolic disorders and weight gain
- Fennel seed water contains the whole fennel seeds, soaked, which provides your body with fiber, which in turn helps clean waste out of your digestive system
- Fennel water is also effective at flushing excess uric acid out of the blood and kidneys, which prevents the kind of point pain that could stop you from expending calories through exercise
- Fennel seed water breaks down bile and fats in the liver, preventing disorders that lead to obesity caused by Type II diabetes and Fatty Liver Disease
Method 1: By Brewing Fennel Seeds
This is the fastest way to make fennel water. You can also double or triple this recipe if you wish to make a larger batch to drink over a period of a few days.
Method 2: By Soaking Fennel Seeds Overnight
This method of making Fennel seed water is thought to be slightly better than brewing the seeds with heat, which can possibly destroy some of the nutrients in the seeds. Cold brewing the seeds in a jar overnight is also less time consuming in terms of preparation and energy.
- 2Cap the Mason jar and leave it overnight on the counter.The seeds will swell up and become soft and the water will become fibrous and infused with nutrients in the fennel seeds.
- 3Drink four glasses of the cold brewed soaked fennel seeds a day.Be sure to swallow the seeds as well to take advantage of the fiber content, as the fiber is also an essential component in helping your body detoxify so you can lose weight.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Always consult with your health care practitioner before embarking on any healthcare regimen, especially if you are diabetic, pregnant or have issues with your digestive system, such IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome.)
- As an added bonus, drinking fennel water also freshens your breath
- Always use vapor distilled water to make Fennel seed water
- Briefly toasting the fennel seeds in a frying pan for about twenty seconds before you add them to water can help intensify the flavor and release aromatic, therapeutic oils
- If fennel seed water causes flatulence or cramps in your lower intestines, lessen the amount of fennel seeds that you use in each batch or drink less of it during the day
- Fennel seed water stores well in the refrigerator for about three days
- Fennel tea can help you sleep so it is a good idea to drink it at night before you go to sleep or just before you take a nap
- You will lose more weight drinking fennel seed water if you also a adopt a healthy lifestyle and diet to go along with it
- Drink at least eight glasses of water when you are on this diet to help the fennel water flush fat from your system
- When buying fennel seeds buy them from a good source, such as a natural health food stores and do not buy seeds that appear to be musty or old.
- Throw any left over fennel seed water out after about three days to prevent any pathogens from growing in the water
- Fennel seed tea can also be bought commercially in tea bags, but may not be as effective as if you make your own, especially if you buy organic seeds from a health food store
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Lose Weight with Fennel Seed Water. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Fennel_Seed_Water
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Lose Weight with Fennel Seed Water." VisiHow, visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Fennel_Seed_Water Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Lose Weight with Fennel Seed Water." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Fennel_Seed_Water.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Donna