Lose Weight with Fennel Seed Essential Oil With Aromatherapy vs By Using It Topically vs By Taking It Internally ... and 1 more
Edited by Donna, Alma, Eng
Fennel seed essential oil, when consumed, applied to points on your skin, or dispersed through the air can help you lose pounds and inches because:
- It is a well-known potent digestive and detoxifier that enables your body to work more efficiently to turn carbohydrates into fuel and process
- It helps to break up fat deposits in the bloodstream, so that the fat calories can be use as energy instead of being stored away as lipids
- Fennel seed oil is a known natural appetite suppressant that, when sniffed before a meal, helps you eat less
- It contains an anti-spasmodic that can help dieter deal with the sudden hunger pangs that occur when you are trying to cut back on calories
- It is a natural diuretic that helps the body to rid itself of excess water weight and reduce bloating
- It helps get rid of the fuzzy thinking that can sometimes be part of always being on a low-calorie diet
- It triggers the release of brain chemicals that help increase your endurance so that you can exercise longer and this allows you to expend more calories
- Fennel seed oil also triggers peristalsis thus
- Fennel seed oil also dissolves gas, which makes you appear less bloated and makes your tummy look flatter
- Fennel increases the flow of bile, which helps food to pass through your body faster, which helps prevent fat from being stored in the liver
- The oil is a pain reliever helping relieve any headaches associated with the detoxification that is sometimes associated with staying on a low-calorie diet
- Fennel seed oil contains melatonin, which helps you sleep soundly at night, allowing your body to subtly reboot its metabolism in a healthy way
Method 1: With Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy entails that the fennel seeds essential oil be inhaled somehow. This allows the molecules in the oil can enter the bloodstream the respiratory system and eventually produces chemical interactions that produce weight loss.
Essential oil of fennel seed for weight loss can be diffused in the following ways:
- 1Be sure to inhale the scent as deeply as you can so that the molecules in the oil can be absorbed by your limbic system and become part of your body's chemistry. Keep the cloth or tissue with you so that during the day you can keep inhaling the scent Refresh the hanky or tissue by applying a few more drops of oil to it as needed, which is usually every three to four hours.Pour 5-8 drops of the essential oil on a tissue or square of cotton material and inhale the fragrance at least once an hour.Advertisement
- 2Some find the oil to be a bit drying to their lung tissues and if you find yourself coughing, and then you might want to use less of the oil in the vaporizer. Some individuals can handle as much as 50 drops of fennel seed in a small diffuser without suffering nasal irrigation or watering eyes because fennel is a milder oil. For best results make sure this type of infuser is about three to four feet away from you and keep the doors and windows closed in the treatment room to allow the oil molecules to saturate the air. The minimum amount of drops that you could use in a smaller diffuser and still see some results is five.Load an electronic essential oil diffuser with ten to twelve drops of fennel seed essential oil.Advertisement
- 3If you have a choice in the matter, try to use a cold vaporizer as heat can affect some of the medicinal qualities of the essential oil. You will also find that these vaporizers work more efficiently in an enclosed smaller room.Fill an electronic cool-steam or hot-steam vaporizer with up to 50 drops of fennel seed with at least six cups of vapor distilled water and keep the unit running all day (although nowadays you can use regular water in many units.) Place the unit close to you (three to four feet away) to make sure you are breathing the fennel seed oil scent it.
Method 2: By Using It Topically
One of the best ways to use essential oil of fennel seed for weight loss is to blend it with four parts of carrier oil to one part of fennel seed oil and apply it to your body. Carrier oils that work well with fennel seed oil are fractionated coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and almond oil.
Some areas of your body are more sensitive to plant oils than others so do not apply the oil to your eyelids, lips, underarms, under the breast or in the groin or in your genital area.
The best places to apply the diluted fennel seed essential oil (four parts oil to one part essential oil) to your body:
- In the central hollow of your neck above the collarbone where your thyroid
- On the back of your neck
- On either side of your scalp (from the edge of your eyebrows back to your neck muscles
- On the belly area just below the rib cage
- On the belly area, in particular where your intestines would be
- On the length of the arm down to the wrists
- On top of your hands
- On the inside or the outside of your knees
- On either side of the ankle joint
- Anywhere on the top of your foot
- On the soles of your feet in the center below the ball of your big toe
If at any point you feel tingling, itching, numbness, or experience swelling or red patches on your skin halt the application of the treatment immediately and rinse it off of your skin
To achieve weight loss by applying the peppermint oil topically, try the following:
- 3Putting the fennel seed oil straight into the bath water is not recommended as it may irritate the skin and the vapors may be overwhelming on the eyes and nostrils. Make sure the oil is diluted in a carrier oil or in a cup of glycerin soap that you can disperse throughout the bath. Stay in the bath for at least twenty minutes to encourage weight loss.Add thirty to forty drops of the diluted essential fennel seed oil to a bathtub of warm water.
Method 3: By Taking It Internally
Fennel seed essential oil is a known digestive that relieves stomach upsets and gas. It can taste very strong, so be sure to use a drop or less in beverages and food. Do not take more than a tiny drop to avoid triggering sudden bowel movements.
It is also very important that you buy fennel seed essential oil that is identified as food grade in quality, before ingesting them. Beware of oils that are not labeled as food grade because they could contain chemicals and other oils that make them unfit for human consumption.
Here are some ways to add fennel essential oil to your diet to facilitate weight loss.
- 1To measure a very minute amount and disperse it through the water, simply dip the tip of a toothpick into the essential oil vial and then swirl the tip of the toothpick around in the beverage If vapor-distilled water is not available, you can also use distilled water for this purpose.Add one drop of essential oil of fennel seed essential oil to a glass of vapor-distilled water and drink a glass of it in the morning.Advertisement
Method 4: With Fennel Seed Oil Weight Loss Blends
Fennel Seed oil can be mixed with other oils that facilitate weight loss and rubbed on the skin to encourage weight loss. Here are some recipes to optimize your weight-loss efforts.
- 1Mix half a cup of almond oil with a cup of Epsom salts. two drops of fennel seed oil and a drop of essential oil of orange oil. Both fennel and orange oil have the ability to dissolve fat deposits below the skin and they work synergistically to boost your mood. Once you are in the shower, use your hands or a washcloth to scrub the areas of your body that have cellulite or fat deposits.Make a Fennel Seed Oil and Orange Epsom Salt Shower Scrub.
- 2Mix together 5 drops of Fennel Seed oil with peppermint oil with 3 drops of orange essential oil and 3 drops of peppermint essential oil. Massage this oil into your belly, thighs, upper arms and other areas of your body that need a reduction in fat. The fennel, orange and peppermint oils are soothing blood-cleansing oils that once worked into the skin, help to detoxify it and reduce cellulite.Create a Fennel Seed Fat-Reducing massage oil.
- 3Mix four drops of Fennel seed oil with four drops of Geranium and three drops of tangerine oil in eight ounces of water that is in a spray bottle. The geranium essential oil balances your hormones and the orange essential oil keeps you in a good mood, while the fennel seed oil works on your digestive and blood sugar issues.Make a Hormone Stabilizing Fennel Seed,Geranium and Tangerine Room Spray.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- If you do not like the smell or taste of licorice, you will not enjoy the scent of fennel which is very similar
- Fennel seed oil can provoke the production of breast milk in some women, which may be an unwanted side effect if you are not pregnant.
- In some individuals, inhaling fennel seed oil can cause a cough as it can dry out the lungs and if this is an issue, you should choose another oil to help you with your weight loss efforts
- If you are uncertain about whether or not you can take a fennel seed essential oil internally because it is not marked as being fine to consume right on the label, then do not take any risks by taking it internally
- Be sure to buy a high-quality, organic essential oil and stay away from commercial oil blends that might be cut with petrochemicals or other additives
- Oil diffusers can be found at appliance stores, health food stores and specialty stores such as [ www.saje.com Saje] or [www.wholefoods.com Whole Foods]
- The most efficient diffusers disperse cool stream of essential vapor and electronic and do not require the use of a pad or even distilled water, such as the ones sold at Saje
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Alma, Donna