Lose Weight with Fat-Burning Comfort Foods By Eating Homemade Apple Hand Pies vs Low Fat Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings vs Homemade Chili ... and 10 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma
People turn to eating fatty, sugar-laden, high carbohydrate foods whenever they need some comfort emotionally or physically because foods that contain these ingredients really do affect your brain chemistry. Starches and sugars give your mood a quick lift and the taste of fat gives you a sense of hard-wired primal contentment with life. The problem is that these foods are often deep fried, smothered with cheese to make them taste good. Commercially purchased comfort foods can also be suffused with chemicals and sugar that give them a delicious mouth feel, but that can cause your blood sugar to sky-rocket and overload your kidneys and pancreas with artificial flavors and sodium, which in turn slows down your metabolism. The starches in the feel good foods also convert easily to fat instead of the fuel that your body needs to run efficiently so that you are able to maintain your weight, rather put on the pounds.
The great news is that there are alternatives to the traditional comfort foods that are much healthier than you but still help you feel better emotionally and physically without packing on the pounds. In fact there are many low-fat comfort food options that also help you burn fat. Eating modified versions of your favorite comfort foods, such as the ones described in this article, can help you lose weight and improve your mood at the same time.
Method 1: By Eating Homemade Apple Hand Pies
Apple Hand pies are a simple dessert that features an apple filling wrapped in phyllo pastry. Apple hand pies, are easily made by you at home and can help you ingratiate a craving for comfort foods as well as help you burn fat and lose weight because:
- Only the outside layer of the phyllo pastry is brushed with butter, instead of all of the layers thus significantly reducing the calories in this tasty traditional pastry
- One homemade slice is only 160 calories with 8.6 grams of fat per pie whereas ones found in stores and fast-food restaurants can be as much as 470 calories with 50 grams of fat (especially the ones that are sold in gourmet bakeries that are deep-fried and sprinkled liberally with icing sugar)
- The apple filling satisfies a craving for a sweet treat, while at the same time providing a full spectrum of vitamins, which in turn helps to support the health of your metabolism
- Apples are high in vitamin C, which helps to reduce inflammation in your body so that you are better able to exercise
- Apples are rich in fiber, which keeps your system free and clear of mucus, waste, and parasites and reduces the appearance of abdominal bloat
- The nutmeg and cinnamon in this recipe help stimulate the circulation and metabolism so that weight loss is rapid
- The walnuts in this recipe contain essential fatty acids that help keep you feeling focused and in a good mood while you are dieting
To make Homemade Apple Hand Pies:
- 3You can peel the apples or leave the skin on for this recipe. Leaving the peel on the apples provides you with more fiber but taking it off makes for a more elegant looking pastry.Add the flesh of two diced green apples, a tablespoon of brown sugar, a dash of nutmeg, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, a half a tablespoon of lemon zest, a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of chopped walnuts to the butter.
- 5Make sure it is thick enough to support the weight of the apple filling and if not, fold it over once and roll it out again. The idea is to make a long thin packet that can support the filling.Place a single sheet of thawed pre-prepared phyllo dough on a cutting board and spray it with non-stick spray.
Method 2: By Eating Low Fat Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Low-Fat Chicken and dumplings can help you lose weight at the same time because:
- It satisfies a craving for a traditional dish that his much higher in starch, causing weight gain, but his diet version omits white flour to make it less of a glycemic food
This recipe is not as salty as the traditional version, making it a low-sodium dish that is easier on the liver and the kidneys, thus preventing bloat and weight gain
- This is an anti-inflammatory broth with dumplings contains a broad spectrum of vitamins and anti-oxidants including onion, celery, and carrots
- The chicken bone stock used in the recipe provides you with all of the amino acids needed for the health of your metabolism and also for building lean muscle so that you can burn calories while your body is at rest.
- The chicken breasts used in this dish are a good source of low-fat animal protein, which is satisfying and keeps you full until the next meal so that you are not tempted to snack on salty snacks like cheese between meals
- The garlic in this recipe contains high amounts of zinc and antioxidants helps fight inflammation, boost your metabolism and rev up your immune system so that you always feel well enough to work out
- The dumplings in this version of this traditional comfort soup are made with skim milk and whole wheat, thus reducing its fat content and glycemic load on your body
- This dish is not only hydrating and gentle on the digestion, it also is low in calories at 280 per serving
To make Low-Fat Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings:
- 2Bone broth is best because it is low fat and contains everything that you need to build the kind of muscle that helps burn fat, even when you are not engaged in any kind of exercise.Transfer the chicken to a slow cooker and then add 1 large diced onion, 2 large diced celery stalks, 1 chopped large carrot and four cups of chicken bone broth.
Method 3: By Eating Homemade Chili
Eating homemade chili can help satisfy your cravings for comfort food and help you lose weight at the same time because:
- Chili is a very filling food that warms the body and also helps keep you from snacking between meals
- It is a high protein food that keeps you clear and focused and in a good mood
- The chili powder in this chili recipe contains capsaicin, which is a compound that can trigger the fat burning mechanisms and help you shed the pounds
- The hot spices in chili induces sweating, which automatically helps you to lose calories, so the spicier you make it, the more weight you will lose
- The tomatoes n the dish are high in fiber, which helps your body to cleanse itself, so you can lose weight
- The tomatoes in this chili dish contain lycopene, an antioxidant that greatly benefits the cardiovascular system and helps remove fat lipids from the blood
- Kidney beans are rich in molybdenum, iron, folate and copper which supports the health of your thyroid, pancreas and of all of your metabolic processes, making it easier for you to lose weight
- The kidney beans in chili are very high in potassium, which triggers your body to reduce sodium that might be causing bloating and weight gain
- The kidney beans in chili are very rich in Vitamin B-6, which keeps you feeling energized and in a good mood and helps to prevent the hair loss and dry skin that can sometimes accompany dieting
- The kidney beans in chili are also high in magnesium and calcium, which helps you feel relaxed and calm and also addresses any joint or muscle pain that might prevent you from exercising to lose weight
- It is a hearty dish that contains 341 calories per serving, which means that it can help fuel a long workout, walk or bike ride, without adding too many carbohydrates or too much fat to your diet
To make Homemade Chili:
- 1For an even lower calorie count for this dish, you can use 1 pound of lean ground turkey or ground chicken instead of the beef. Grass-fed organic beef is the best choice of a protein for this dish if you are looking to feel emotionally comforted by eating it.Warm three tablespoons of vegetable oil in a hot deep frying pan and then add 1 pound of lean ground beef.Advertisement
- 2You can also use canned tomatoes for this recipe if you want. Other shortcuts would be to use two tablespoons of garlic paste, dried oregano or dried chili peppers. If you are going to use dried ingredients, instead of fresh, be sure to read labels to make sure that the spice or paste that you are using does not contain high amounts of sodium, as this can cause bloating.Fry the ground beef, stirring occasionally until almost brown and then add 2 cups of chopped tomatoes, 1 large chopped onion, four minced garlic cloves, two teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano leaves, 2 fresh seeded and chopped hot chilies and 2 cups of rinsed canned red kidney beans.
- 1Sometimes it can take a little longer for the beans to soften. If the chili starts to lose its moisture, you can add more water to thin it out.Cook the mixture until it is bubbling and then turn the heat down and cover it and let it cook for another thirty minutes until the beans are soft and done.
Method 4: By Eating Spicy Parmesan Chicken Noodle Soup
Eating Spicy Parmesan Chicken Noodle soup can help you lose weight and satisfy cravings for comfort foods because:
- Chicken soup is the traditional "cure for everything" with nostalgic associations that can make you feel better
- It is a healthy way to satisfy cravings for a hot salty item without indulging in high amounts of fat and carbohydrates
- The salty taste and fatty mouth feel of the soup and can help stave off cravings for foods that are high in starch like French fries in gravy or Chinese food
- It is a hydrating dish that can help flush your kidneys and tissues of bloat
- It is a very bulky filling food and that helps satiate hunger so that you do not binge eat
- There is enough protein in chicken soup to fuel a workout, take a walk or go for a swim without feeling fatigued and it is also a good post workout dish to have that can help you to recover from a workout quickly
- Chicken soup made with real chicken bone broth helps soothe joint and muscle pain, making it easier for you to work, whereas instant and canned soups are so full of sodium that they actually cause tissue and joint swelling and pain
- The garlic in chicken soup contains zinc, a mineral that supports the thyroid and helps you lose weight
- The carrot, celery, onion and parsley in this dish help fight the inflammation and water weight that can contribute to bloating and inflammation
- The spinach in this dish is a rich source of iron and folate, which helps support the function of your endocrine system and the health of your liver and thus facilitates detoxification and weight loss
- The parmesan cheese in this recipe is a source of butyrate, a chemical that helps improves brain function and also helps relieve depression
- The hot chili pepper in the dish helps to reduce inflammation in the body and also reduce appetite
- The nutmeg in this soup is also a digestive, pain reliever and brain tonic that helps you stay in a good mood even though you are on a diet
- A cup of this soup is only 252 calories with 5 grams of fat and 24 grams of protein making it the ideal weight loss food because you get a lot of nutrition in return for a low intake of calories
To make Spicy Parmesan Chicken Soup:
- 1The parmesan cheese is dropped into the broth with the rind still on it to impart a lot of flavors.Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat and then add 2 chopped boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, 1 tablespoon of minced fresh garlic, 1 tablespoon of thinly sliced red chili pepper, 14 ounces of true chicken bone broth with fat removed and one-inch cube of parmesan cheese.
- 3Good choices are tubetti, orzo, orecchiette, egg noodles, acini di pepe, alphabets, stelle, ditalini or grattoni. In a pinch, you could also use finely broken up pieces of linguini, angel hair pasta or spaghetti.Bring the pot of broth to a boil and add ½ cup of the smaller dry pasta of your choice.
Method 5: By Eating Chick Peas With Cumin
Chick Peas With Cumin is a fat-burning comfort food that helps you lose weight because:
- This is a very spicy snack that contains only 42 calories per serving and 2 grams of fat, making it an ideal weight loss food
- Even though it is a low glycemic food it tastes like a high glycemic one, such as potato chips or corn chips, so it can save you from giving into a high-starch craving that can cause you to gain weight
- Chickpeas with cumin can also help satisfy a craving for a much fattier dish of Asian or Indian food that might be laden with sodium and sugar
- It is very low-calorie snack that provides you with 40% of your daily protein needs, which n turn helps you sustain your energy without succumbing to cravings until it is time for the next meal
- This snack supples70% of your daily fiber intake, which in turn helps to stabilize your blood sugar and also to control cravings
- You feel very full after eating chickpeas, which helps prevent snacking between meals
- They are a source of unsaturated fats, which helps to get rid of belly fat
- Chickpeas contain a full array of amino acids, helping you to build the kind of lean muscle that helps you burn fat even while your muscles and body are at rest
- Chickpeas are a source of insulin resistant starch, which helps regulate your metabolism and give you energy in a measured, well-paced way for hours
- Cumin is a known digestive aid that helps relieve gas and bloating, which also helps you look slimmer
- Canola oil adds essential fatty acids to the recipe, which supports your mood and reduces cravings for fatty fried foods
To make Chick Peas With Cumin:
- 5If you like you can add more salt, pepper and ground cumin to the chickpeas to give this fat-burning snack even more flavor.Serve the chickpeas in a bowl like you would any other snack.
Method 6: By By Eating Collard Greens With Garlic and Red Pepper Flakes
This recipe for Collard Greens With Garlic and Chili Flakes helps you lose weight and burn fat because:
- It is a modification of a traditional Southern recipe that omits hundreds of calories from the dish by omitting the bacon that is usually in it
- It is a bulky, a salty dish that can help address cravings or foods such as mashed potato with gravy or potato chips
It only contains 60 calories per cup, which makes it a filling, but very low-calorie meal that offers a lot of nutrition in return
- Collard greens are very rich in vitamins A and K, which strengthens both your immune system and your metabolism, helping you to lose weight
- Collard greens are rich in iron and folate, which helps support the health of your liver and prevent it from becoming fatty and congested, which in turn lowers your cholesterol and helps you lose weight
- Collard greens are very rich in fiber, which makes it a glycemic food that can help regulate your blood sugar
- Collard greens contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, which helps your bowels eliminate waste, which in turn makes your belly area look latter
- Olive oil is a source of good fats and essential fatty acids, which make you feel satiated and also puts you in a good mood
- The chicken both broth in it is a source of easily digested protein that nourishes your body on all levels and helps you maintain and build lean muscle despite the fact that you are dieting
- The combination of the protein in the collard greens and the protein the bone broth gives you a great deal of stamina, enabling you exercise or study for hours without feeling fatigued
- Garlic is a source of zinc, which supports the thyroid, an organ in the endocrine system that governs how efficiently they burn fat
- The onions are a fantastic source of B6, biotin, manganese, copper, potassium, folate and Vitamin B1, all of which support the health of the digestive and endocrine systems and help expedite weight loss
To make Collard Greens With Garlic and Chili Flakes:
- 1Be sure to use both the leaves and stems of the collard greens to obtain the benefits of the fiber and roughage that this vegetable has to offer. If you have very large leaves you can rip them or chop up before putting them in the frying pan.Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large deep frying pan over medium feet and then add one chopped white onion, 6 cloves of chopped garlic and 3 cups of collard greens.
- 3Some people also add a dash of apple cider vinegar to this recipe to give the dish a less buttery flavor. Apple cider vinegar is a good choice if you choose to do this, as it is a cleanser of the kidney and liver that also reduces cholesterol. Additional salt and pepper may be required to complete the dish.Simmer the dish for thirty minutes and then serve hot.
Method 7: By Drinking Mexican Hot Cocoa
Mexican hot cocoa qualifies as being a fat-burning comfort food that helps you lose weight because:
- This drink is a mood elevator and stress reliever that also contains many fat-burning ingredients.
- Cocoa contains antioxidants that prevent your body from producing the stress hormone cortisol, which in turn prevents your body from developing body fat
- The combination of cocoa, along with the milk in hot cocoa acts a mild pain reliever, helping your muscles and joints to recover easily from exercise.
- Cocoa contains a powerful antioxidant called theobromine, a genuine mood elevator that helps you feel more calm, content and even euphoric
- Almond milk contains fatty acids which support brain health and help elevate mood
- The hot red chili pepper in Mexican Hot Cocoa warms the body and increases circulation, which helps your body detoxify and lose weight
- The cinnamon in this drink increases your circulation and works directly in your bloodstream to help reduce blood sugar levels, which in turn, helps your body convert sugar to fuel instead of fat
- This recipe is made with Truvia, which is a stevia-based sugar substitute that does not cause weight gain
- The drink has a nostalgic taste and even though it is made with slightly different ingredients than the traditional version, most people might find as cheering and comforting the fattier original version
To make Mexican Hot Cocoa:
- 2It is not necessary to bring this mixture to a boil. If you can tolerate cow's milk, you can use low-fat milk instead of the almond milk, but the almond milk contains more essential fatty acids that can help put you in a good mood and the nut milk may cause less inflammation in your body (unless you are allergic to it.)In a pot on low heat, warm up six ounces of almond milk with the Serrano Chili pepper soaking in it.
- 5This can be garnished with a tiny bit of dairy whipped cream or coconut whipped cream. You can also add a dash of pure vanilla flavoring, ground ginger or ground nutmeg to the drink if you like.Pour the cocoa mixture into a mug and drink.
Method 8: By Eating Oatmeal With Brown Sugar
Oatmeal with Brown Sugar helps you lose weight because:
- This dish can help satisfy a craving for a much sweeter pudding, cake or cookies
- Oatmeal is a food that really sticks to your ribs and makes you feel very full
- Oatmeal slows down the insulin response in your body, which also makes you feel fuller for longer after you eat, thus helping you avoid the blood sugar drops that can cause fatigue and cravings for snacks
- It is a low glycemic food that does not quickly raise your blood sugar, which also helps your body convert starches into fuel instead of fat
- There are only 242 calories in a cup of oatmeal and only 3 grams of fat, which helps you lose weight a lot faster than if you were eating a bacon and egg with toast breakfast that is 700 to 800 calories.
- The whipped cream and milk in this recipe provides you with protein, which also helps you get through the day
- The fresh berries in this recipe are a good source of Vitamin C and antioxidants which help support the endocrine system, which is the system responsible for burning fat
To make Oatmeal with Maple Sugar:
- 4You can quite easily use coconut whipped cream in this recipe and you can use any type of milk that you find tolerable.Top the oatmeal with a splash of milk, a dollop of whipped cream and four or five berries of your choice.
Method 9: By Eating a Pot Roast With Root Vegetables
Eating a pot roast with roasted root vegetables can help prevent you from eating less healthier choices like a cheeseburger or a plate of fries with gravy.
Pot roast with root vegetables is a comfort food that also helps you lose weight because:
- It is a very filling dish that can help prevent you from eating less healthier choices like a cheeseburger or a plate of fries with gravy
- It takes a lot of calories to digest pot roast, even more than the pot roast contains, so you can end up in a calorie deficit just trying to metabolize as a food
- It is a high protein food that takes a very long time to digest, so you feel fuller for longer and don't succumb to cravings for fatty or salty foods
- The roasted meat and vegetables together provide you with a broad spectrum of easily assimilated vitamins and minerals that help nourish all of the systems of your body and keep your metabolism n good working order
- Roasted meat contains high levels of zinc, which helps fight depression and nourishes the thyroid, improving mood and metabolism
- A study conducted at Deakin University in Australia confirmed that women who ate more red meat tended to have less anxiety or depression, which can mean that well-nourished brains are also less prone to overeating
- The protein in meat supplies you with the amino acids needed to build lean muscle, which in turn will help you to burn calories even while you are at rest
- There are no starchy carbs such as potatoes in the recipe, making it harder to pack on the pounds
- A serving of 3 ounces of meat with 1 cup veggies is only 277 calories with 25 grams of protein, which helps you build lean muscle and lose weight at the same time
To make a Pot Roast With Vegetables:
- 5When slicing, remember that the meat looks most attractive when sliced thinly across the grain.Remove the roast from the oven and serve it with the natural juices from the pan.
Method 10: By Eating a Pumpkin Ravioli
Pumpkin ravioli can help satiate a craving for both pasta and a sweet dessert. This is a savory recipe that uses wonton wrappers, which are very light in calories as the wrap for a pumpkin filling
Pumpkin Ravioli is a comfort food that helps you lose weight because:
- This dish is only 162 calories per serving, which is about 4 large raviolis.
Pumpkin is very high in fiber and it is also a bit of a soporific, which means it helps cleanse your colon of waste and mucus
- Pumpkin is very high in Vitamin A, which helps to support the health of the liver and pancreas so that your body properly converts starches and fats into fuel
- The chicken bone broth in this recipe is a source of minerals that helps to support the function of your thyroid
- It contains Parmesan cheese, which is a lower fat cheese that is filling and that also contains enzymes that support the function of the thyroid and the digestive system
- The chopped parsley in this recipe is also a source of minerals, such as iodine, that benefit the thyroid
- Parsley is also a diuretic, which helps your body eliminate water
- This version of the traditional pumpkin ravioli recipe does not contain ricotta cheese, which reduces its calories by about 350 calories a serving.
To make Pumpkin Ravioli:
- 1This type of pasta is a bit harder to find and may not be available in your regular grocery store.Purchase 24 wonton wrappers from a specialty grocery store or an Asian market.
- 2This recipe works best with canned unsweetened pumpkin, but you can make it with canned sweetened pumpkin, just keep in mind that the dish will have about 80 more calories if you opt to do the sweet version. You can also make this dish with your own freshly made pumpkin puree and that simply entails whipping up fresh chunks of raw pumpkin in your blender and using that as the filling.Combine 1 cup of canned pumpkin, 1/3 of a cup of finely grated parmesan, ¼ of a teaspoon of salt and ¼ of a teaspoon of black pepper in a bowl.
- 3Repeat this until you have made 24 of them. Moistening the edges of the wrapped wonton can help glue the ravioli together.Place a teaspoon of the pumpkin mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper and fold it over to make a triangle.
- 4Be very gentle when handling this type of ravioli because it's sack can break quite easily and spill the pumpkin contents.Place the ravioli into a large saucepan of boiling water with 1 teaspoon of salt, cook seven minutes and then drain the in a colander.
- 5You can lessen the calorie count in this dish by using less butter and more bone broth if you desire.Place a half a cup of organic butter and half a cup of chicken bone broth in a pot in a deep frying pan and then add finely chopped parsley.
- 6A single serving of this dish is four raviolis.Add the pumpkin ravioli to the pan and toss lightly until they are coated with the butter and parsley sauce.
Method 11: By Eating Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Pecans
Mashed sweet potatoes with pecans can prevent weight gain and satisfy a craving for comfort foods because:
- Mashed sweet potatoes can help satisfy a craving for mashed potatoes and because they are sweet and they can also help cure a craving for cake, cookies, and puddings
- There is only 211 calories in one serving of this dish, which makes it a good choice of a diet food
- Mashed sweet potatoes are rich in carotenoids and CGA, which help the body regulate insulin and prevent your body from converting sugars and starches into fat
- Sweet potatoes are filled with fiber, which slows down digestion, so you do not succumb to cravings
- The pecans are a hearty source of essential fatty acids that are good for both your heart and your brain, making your feel satisfied, happy and full
- The cloves and cinnamon in this recipe help stimulate your circulation, which in turn helps boost your metabolism so that it works more efficiently
- This dish is also very rich in the mineral calcium, which is very good for nerve and muscle function
- This dish is rich in Vitamin A and iron, which supports the health of your liver, which in turn helps you lose to burn fat fast
How to make mashed sweet potatoes with pecans:
- 1They will darken and emit a strong sweet, yet still nutty fragrance.Place a quarter cup of chopped pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet and then bake them for about ten minutes, before removing them from the oven and setting them aside.
- 2Do not let the mixture boil or the maple syrup may actually harden and turn to candy.In a small saucepan bring 6 tablespoons of maple syrup, a tablespoon of orange zest, a cinnamon stick and ¼ of a teaspoon of ground cloves and bring it to a simmer, before removing it from the heat to cool.
- 3As you mash make sure there are no lumps left.Scoop out the insides of two baked sweet potatoes and mash them together in a bowl until smooth.
- 4If you like you can also mix the pecans in with the sweet mashed potatoes to give it an interesting, thicker texture.Pour the maple syrup mixture over the sweet potatoes and top with the toasted pecans to serve.
Method 12: By Eating Shiratiki Spaghetti With Meat Sauce
Shirataki noodles, also known as konjac noodles or yam noodles are made from a fruit and have no calories. This is a modification of the traditional spaghetti and meat sauce recipe.
- This recipe tastes almost exactly like regular spaghetti with meat sauce, but instead of the usual 220 calories per cup of pasta, konjac yam noodles have absolutely none, allowing this traditional Italian comfort food to become more diet friendly
- You can gorge on this spaghetti without gaining weight because the pasta has no calories and the meat and sauce is also less fatty than the traditional Italian version
- Konjac yam noodles swell up to 200 times when water is added, which makes them a great source of fiber, helping your bowels to move regularly, giving you the appearance of a flat abdomen
- The lean ground beef in this recipe is a good source of protein that can help you feel full for hours and also satiate the need to eat a warm bowl of pasta
- The mushrooms contain zinc, which helps support the health of the thyroid and other organs that regulate your metabolism
- The onions and garlic are potent anti-inflammatories that fight inflammation in the body and boost your body's ability to burn fat
- Oregano and basil contain essential oils that act as anti-inflammatories, helping to fight the bloating and swelling that can cause weight gain
- Grated parmesan cheese adds a lot of flavor to a dish, without you having to use a lot of it and it also contains minerals and enzymes that support the health of your gut and your digestion
- Parmesan cheese also contains butyrate, a substance that fights depression and that may help fight future cravings and bouts of emotional eating
To Make Shirataki Noodles With Meat Sauce:
- 1Cook for about fifteen minutes until everything is translucent.In a very large deep saucepan, brown a pound of grass-fed ground beef along with a tablespoon of olive oil, a whole chopped red onion, six minced cloves of garlic, a handful of sliced button mushrooms, 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano and one tablespoon of basil.
- 2Make sure that the sauce that you choose mostly contains tomatoes and not sugar, sodium or additives.Stir in one 12-ounce jar or can of your favorite tomato-based pasta sauce and keep heating the mixture for another ten minutes or until hot.
- 3The reason it is recommended that you mix the noodles in with the sauce is because Shirataki noodles do have a slight fishy taste and this helps mitigate it.Drain the water from a 16-ounce package of pre-soaked Shirataki noodles into a pan and cook until hot for another ten minutes.
- 4You can also garnish it with fresh dill or parsley.Serve the Shirataki in meat sauce in bowls with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Method 13: By Eating Chocolate Mousse Made With Greek Yogurt
This fat-burning comfort food helps you lose weight because:
- Dark chocolate is a source of theobromine, which helps you stay in a good mood and feel satiated for hours after you eat it
- Dark chocolate contains antioxidants that fight inflammation in the body
- Low-fat milk is a good source of protein and has a full spectrum of amino acids to help fuel workouts
- Greek yogurt is a source of protein and probiotics that help sustain the health of your gut
Even though it does contain some sugar, it is a very low amount in comparison to most recipes for chocolate mousse
- It is very low in calories, for a creamy dish at only 100 calories per serving
To make Chocolate Mousse Made With Greek Yogurt:
- 1It is best to use unsweetened chocolate. The more cacao content in the chocolate bars the better. If you like bitter tasting mousses then go ahead and enjoy the weight loss advantages of using 90% cacao in the recipe.Chop up one cup's worth of organic 70% cacao dark chocolate into rough pieces.
- 2There is no need to boil the mixture.In a double boiler combine the chopped chocolate pieces, 1 cup low-fat milk, three tablespoons of sugar, and a pinch of salt and simmer everything over low heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted.
- 3Beating the mixture manually about 100 times will add enough air to the mixture. Do not try to mix it up in a blender or you could end up with a waxy creation that looks like chocolate butter.Add the chocolate to a bowl containing two cups of cold plain Greek yogurt and whip the ingredients together with a whisk or a fork until it bulks up and seems fluffy.
- 4If you are in a hurry, you can chill it or about four hours before serving, but it will be a bit soupy. You can also serve this with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or you can use coconut-based whipped cream.Pour the mousse into bowls and chill overnight to set it.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Use raw, organic ingredients whenever possible as they contain the most antioxidants and less chemical from agricultural practices
- Honey can be used as a sweetener in most recipes if you do not like the taste of Truvia or stevia products, but be aware it can cause weight gain
- Coconut milk, almond milk and cashew milk are better for you than rice milk or soy milk when it comes to facilitating weight loss and improving the mood because the nut-based milk have more essential fatty acids in it.
- Chickpeas are also sometimes sold under the name of garbanzo beans
- Chili can be made with other types of beans besides kidney beans including black beans, white beans, chickpeas or lentils
- The leaner the ground beef that you use in chili or spaghetti, the more likely you are to lose a lot of weight
- Using grass-fed beef in your recipes helps you get the most nutrition possible from eating meat and helps you hormones and chemicals that might cause bloating and weight gain
- In North America, yam noodles are sold in health food stores and Asian groceries in both the dried forms, which requires a little bit of soaking in water and in pouches where the noodles have already been soaked.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Lose Weight with Fat-Burning Comfort Foods. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Fat-Burning_Comfort_Foods
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Lose Weight with Fat-Burning Comfort Foods." VisiHow, visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Fat-Burning_Comfort_Foods Accessed 29 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Lose Weight with Fat-Burning Comfort Foods." Accessed Mar 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Fat-Burning_Comfort_Foods.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna