Lose Weight with Dinners Under 400 Calories
Edited by Donna, Eng
The key to losing a healthy two pounds a week, and not gain it back, is to lose it at a the healthy rate of two pounds a week. One way to do this is to eat your usual healthy breakfast and lunch, ensuring that these two meals combined amount to being less than 1000 calories combined. If you can keep your breakfast calorie count below this and then eat a meal for dinner that is less than 400 calories, then you will easily lose that two pounds a week and shed a lot of bloat as well. This is because most dinners that people consume are between 500 and 1500 calories and most people do not end their day with a calorie deficit.
Note that the prescriptions for meals in that are below 400 calories in this article are nutritionally balanced and contain a wide spectrum of vitamins and minerals as well as enough protein and essential fatty acids to keep you from suffering from feeling hungry, tired or deprived.
- 1Cut a medium beefsteak tomato in half, hollow out the center with a spoon and place on broiler sheet. Brush the tomato halves lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of parsley. Blend the tomato pulp from the hollowing out with five ounces of water packed tuna, a thinly sliced scallion and a half-teaspoon of Dijon mustard in a bowl. Fill the hollowed out tomatoes with the tuna mix and top all four tomatoes with an ounce of grated cheddar cheese. This is a very low-carb supper that is rich in Vitamins A and C, which fight inflammation and liver disease. The cheddar cheese is filling and contains butyrate, which helps to control the low mood that can sometimes accompany being on a low calorie diet. If you eat four halves of this, you are still under the allowed 400 calories on this weight-loss eating plan.Make Tuna and Cheddar Tomato Melties at 180 calories per serving.Advertisement
- 2In a medium-size bowl blend together with pounds of ground turkey breast, half a cup of unseasoned bread crumbs, ½ cup of grated carrot, ¼ cup of chopped onion, two eggs, two minced garlic cloves, a tablespoon of Italian seasoning, a teaspoon of garlic power and a dash of red chili flakes. Take two tablespoons of the mixture and shape into meatballs and place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil. Bake for thirty minutes at 350 degrees and then serve on top of wilted steamed Swiss chard that has been seasoned with a teaspoon white vinegar, salt and pepper. The turkey is a lean source of protein and both the turkey and the eggs contain chromium, which helps fight weight gain due to insulin resistance. The Swiss chard is a rich source of A, C and E, which supports the health of your endocrine system.Make Baked Turkey Meatballs on Wilted Swiss Chard at 210 calories per serving of four meatballs.Advertisement
- 3Cook one cup of shredded chicken meat with one cup of salsa verde on a stove pot. Top boiled shredded cauliflower with the chicken mixture and then add a cup of steamed green beans. This is a very tasty, high protein meal that is also very rich in chromium, a nutrient that helps prevent conditions that cause weight gain such as insulin resistance and diabetes.Make Chicken Salsa Verde On Cauliflower Rice with Green Beans at 255 calories per two cup serving.
- 4Sear a four-ounce seared skirt steak in a tablespoon of olive oil and then sliced into strips. Lay the beef strips on three large, crisp romaine leaves and add one small-diced tomato and one small diced avocado. Grate one small organic carrot and sprinkle the shreds on top and then season the meal with squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Steak has a full amino acid profile, which helps your body to use protein to build lean muscle, which is important because muscle burns calories faster than any other type of human tissue. The rest of the vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals and provide your body with a healthy dose of fiber.\Make Seared Skirt Steak on Romaine Lettuce at 305 calories per serving.
- 5In a skillet seasoned one tablespoon of olive oil and a bit of water fry one chicken breast that has been seasoned with a tablespoon of paprika and a shake of freshly ground black pepper and salt. Add a bit of chopped red or green pepper to the pan if you like. Once chicken is done, remove it from the skillet, add two more tablespoons of water to the skillet and lightly stir fry one chopped up small red pepper and 8 sliced asparagus spears. Fry until tender and serve the vegetables with the chicken. The chicken is a great source of protein and the red peppers fight inflammation with Vitamin C and antioxidants. The asparagus is a natural diuretic that helps flush bloat, fat and toxins from your body.Make Paprika Chicken With Asparagus and Red Peppers at 316 calories.
- 6Make a bed of arugula and top with four broiled shrimp and 1 small diced avocado. Drizzle with a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and the juice of one lemon. Season with salt and pepper and serve. This shrimp and arugula in this recipe are rich in minerals that specifically support the health of your thyroid gland, which governs your metabolism. The avocado is rich in Vitamin A and essential fatty acids that keep your liver and brain functioning in a healthy way.Make Broiled Shrimp on Arugula and Avocado Salad at 325 calories per serving.
- 7Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a casserole dish and ad one diced yellow onion and two garlic cloves. Top with chili flakes and stir. Add an 8-ounce can of rinsed butter beans and an 8-ounce can of diced, low-sodium canned tomatoes. Add two cups of chapped parsley and four frozen white fillets such as cod, Pollock or tilapia. Add two tablespoons of lemon juice and let the stew simmer on low heat for an hour. Serve in a bowl with a handful of croutons. This is a very filling, high-protein stew that keeps you full until the next meal and is ideal to eat if you have a workout the next day. The beans are a great source of fiber that helps clean out your colon and make your stomach look slimmer.Make a Fish; Parsley and Butterbean stew at 350 calories per three cup serving.
- 8In a nonstick skillet, combine two teaspoons of a high-quality olive oil and one teaspoon of water with two large eggs with a cup of raw kale and half an ounce of grated Parmesan cheese. Scramble everything together, season with salt and pepper and serve. If you add half of a toasted bagel to this meal, you have a supper that is almost exactly four hundred calories.Make Soft Scrambled Eggs With Kale and Parmesan at 350 calories per two cup serving.
- 9Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Cut one large zucchini into coins and fry until soft with one chopped large scallion, a handful of chopped mint and one minced clove of garlic. Add ten raw unsalted almonds before transferring the mixture to a plate. Season with lime juice, salt and pepper. This meatless meal is very high protein and fiber and the almonds contain essential fatty acids that support the health of your endocrine and immune systems.Make a Vegan Quinoa, Zucchini, Peas and Almond Salad at 357 calories per serving.
- 10In a skillet combine a tablespoon of olive oil, 1 large zucchini sliced into coins, one diced yellow onion, one medium diced bell pepper, one cup of rinsed black beans, one ten-ounce can of low-sodium tomatoes,one can of corn, two diced stalks of celery and two thinly slice scallions. Season with salt pepper and a tablespoon each of chili power, cumin and paprika. Let the mixture simmer for at least two hours until it has thickened and resembles chili. Top with two tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt and serve. This chili contains protein and a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals that support weight loss. The spices provoke weight loss by stimulating your metabolism and boosting your circulation.Make Black Bean and Zucchini Chili with Greek Yogurt at 358 calories per two cup serving.
- 11On a bed of two cups of raw organic arugula, arrange one four-ounce fillet of steamed salmon, the segments of one grapefruit and ten raw peeled pistachios. Drizzle with one tablespoon each o olive oil and lemon juice and serve. This dish is very rich in protein and both the salmon and nuts are a source of essential fatty acids that support the health of the brain and cardiovascular system. Grapefruit is a source of chromium, which helps to prevent insulin resistance.Make a Salmon, Grapefruit and Pistachio Salad at 360 calories per two-cup serving.
- 12Shred 1 bunch of raw baby kale in a large bowl. Add a half a cup of cooked quinoa and a cup of shredded roasted chicken without the skin. Make a dressing from the juice of half an orange, a half-tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, one crushed garlic clove and a tablespoon of olive oil and drizzle it over the greens. Garnish with a handful of crushed walnuts and a few shards of grated parmesan.The chicken and the quinoa in this recipe provide a slow-burning source of protein that keeps you energized and from feeling hungry. The greens and the dressing are very high in Vitamin A and C, which supports the health of your digestive and endocrine systems.Make a Chicken, Quinoa and Baby Kale Salad at 379 calories per three cup serving.
- 13Finely slice eight stalks of steamed asparagus and combine in a bowl with one thinly sliced shallot, two cups of arugula lettuce and two cups of torn arugula. Top with one cubed tomato, half of an ounce of cheddar cheese and two poached eggs. Season with salt, pepper, and crumbled parsley. Asparagus is very fibrous and supports the health of your kidneys as they are cleansed by the eight glasses of water a day you should be eating on this diet. The eggs are an excellent source of protein, and encourage your body to build fat-burning lean muscle.Make Steamed Asparagus Salad With Two Poached Eggs at 390 calories per serving.
- 14Simmer one chopped small shallot, three cloves of garlic and five ounces of baby kale in a tablespoon of olive oil. Top warm roasted spaghetti squash strands with the mixture. Use the remaining olive oil in the pan to fry an egg until it is easy over and top the spinach and squash with it. Grate two tablespoons of fresh Parmesan cheese over the dish, season with salt and pepper and serve. The egg in this dish provides you protein and B vitamins, which keeps you full throughout the day. The spinach is rich in iron and the spaghetti squash is rich in Vitamin A and antioxidants that help support the health of your liver and prevent conditions like insulin resistance and fatty liver.Make Spinach, Egg and Parmesan on Spaghetti Squash at 395 calories.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Counting the calories you consume for breakfast and lunch is crucial to the success of this weight-loss plan so be sure to get a or join an online calorie counting plan like MyFitnessPal.com to assist you with keeping track of how much you are eating
- Buy fresh, organic ingredients whenever possible as this will help raise the nutritional profile of your meal
- When buying meat, try to purchase grass-fed, organic and free-range products
- Stay away from eating too much sugar or salt on this diet, which can cause swings in blood sugar and bloating
- Do not consume saturated fat on this diet, especially in the form of restaurant food
- Do not consume artificial sweeteners on this diet, as they can cause bloating
- Drink at least eight glasses of vapor-distilled water or pure spring water a day to help you feel full and well and to enable cleansing
- Take an hour walk once a day and be sure to exercise with free weights or do some circuit training at least three times a week to encourage your body to burn fat
- Be sure to avoid exasperating negative situations that could raise cortisol and blood sugar levels and also cause you to overeat for emotional reasons
- Get plenty of rest at night, as this will help your metabolism reset itself the next morning and prevent you from binge eating because of fatigue
- Cut back on drinking alcohol, especially wine and beer, which can cause you to gain weight
- Stay away from hormone disrupting chemicals and additives in food as well as smoke foods and foods that have added sodium or Message, as these cause problems with the endocrine system and cause bloating
- Many of the recipes in this article can be doubled or even tripled to cut costs and have a diet-friendly meal ready for you in the freezer or refrigerator
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Donna