Lose Weight with Diet Tea With A Rose Hip, Hibiscus, Green and Chamomile Tea Blend vs Peppermint, Licorice and Rooibos Tea vs White Tea, Lemon and Honey
Edited by Donna, Eng, Inukshuk, Alma
One of the safest types of diet tea to consume is the type that you can make yourself at home. This is because many commercial diet teas contain stimulants, like ephedrine, that could have an adverse effect on your health. When you make your own diet tea at home you can make sure that the ingredients are organic and fresh and you can also control the strength of each portion of the tea that you will drink. This will also help prevent any of the unpleasant side-effects that are often associated with drinking diet tea such as nervousness, trembling, anxiety, irritability, stomach pain and insomnia.
Method 1: With A Rose Hip, Hibiscus, Green and Chamomile Tea Blend
This homemade diet tea recipe packs a quadruple whammy of four different tea types, all of which are known to cause weight loss. These four teas, when blended together, behave in a synergistic manner to help you lose the weight faster. The chamomile tea in this mixture is very high in anti-aging antioxidants and helps soothe and relax to the digestive and nervous system. The green tea in the recipe is a potent thermogenic agent, which means that it helps burn fat. Hibiscus tea is also included in this master tea recipe for weight loss because the minerals it contains help to nourish the liver and kidneys and it also helps burn fat really fast. The dried rose hips in this weight loss tea are full of Vitamin C, which also helps regulate the metabolism and keep your digestive organs in good working order. These teas also all have anti-inflammatory and diuretic actions that can help trim your waistline and also help you shed excess water and fat.
- 1You could use a large jar with a lid to make this tea if you like, as well, just make sure it is heat-proof. Buy organic whole buds, leaves or fruits to make this tea if you can find them. High quality organic teas can be found in loose-leaf form in many health food stores. Chamomile buds and whole rose hips can sometimes be found in the freezer section of a health food store.In a teapot designed for brewing loose-leaf tea, add one tablespoon each of dried rose hips, dried chamomile flowers, dried green tea and dried hibiscus flowers.Advertisement
- 2You can keep the tea warm by wrapping it in a tea towel or using a tea cozy. Drinking the tea warm is more effective for flushing the kidneys and liver of waste, but it can also be consumed cold. It is a good idea to drink the first cup you make in the morning and make sure that it is warm.Bring four to six cups of water to boil and pour it over the herbal tea mixture, and then let it brew for at least twenty minutes.Advertisement
- 4The combination of the four teas together creates a strong diuretic that flushes other fluids and fats out of your body and it is normal to feel thirsty. It is also crucial not to get dehydrated during the detoxification and weight loss process so drink as much water and tea as you can handle without getting bloated.Be sure to drink eight to ten glasses of spring water or vapor distilled water a day while drinking this tea.
- 5Keep in mind too, that overusing a particular herb can help you develop an allergy or sensitivity to that food. If you are a person who is allergic to ragweed, you may want to leave the chamomile out of this tea blend, as it is in the same family of plants.You can drink this homemade weight loss tea blend every day for about a month after which you might want to give your body a week off from the powerful action of its cleansing effects.
Method 2: With Peppermint, Licorice and Rooibos Tea
This is a mixture of three teas that can provoke fast weight loss. Peppermint tea is a stimulant for the digestive system, that relieves nausea that can occur from rapid detoxification and weight loss. Peppermint tea also keeps you alert and boosts your metabolism so that you feel more like exercising or carrying on with your day. Licorice tea reduces bloating due to gas and also functions as a diuretic, helping to flush the kidney and liver of fats and toxins. Rooibos is an exotic tea that is very high in antioxidants and minerals that nourish all of the glands and organs in the endocrine system. Rooibos tea also makes you feel more energetic and keeps you in a good mood while you are dieting.
Please note that licorice tea is not recommended as a beverage for individuals with heart problems and it is certainly not a beverage that is recommended for people who are on medications for high blood pressure or heart problems. Note as well, that you can also make this tea just using the peppermint and rooibos tea if you like and omit the licorice tea altogether. Check with your doctor first, before drinking this tea, if you are uncertain about how any of the ingredients will affect your health.
- 3You can consume this tea hot or on the rocks If you prefer drinking hot tea, a tea cozy or tea towel wrapped around the jar can help keep the brew warm. It is recommended that you drink at least one of these teas hot, to rinse your kidneys, liver, and intestine. Hot water has more of a flushing effect on the digestive system than cold water.Let the mixture brew for about twenty minutes.
- 5This will help give your organs a bit of a rest from the constant stress of detoxification. During any breaks be sure to continue drinking at least eight cups a day of pure water.You can drink this tea every day for a month, but after a month take a week long break.
Method 3: With White Tea, Lemon and Honey
This simple tea is a powerful detoxification aid that alkalizes the blood and helps reduce belly bloat and dissolve body fat in general. White Tea is the main ingredient. Similar to green tea, white tea is a specialty health beverage that contains polyphenols and antioxidants. The constituents help regulate your metabolism so that you can lose weight faster.
This weight loss tea recipe also contains lemon juice, which adds Vitamin C to the equation. The spices ginger and cinnamon help stimulate your circulation and bring blood to your cells so that the detoxification process goes faster and you feel like you have more energy. Honey adds a touch of sweetness to the tea and it also strengthens your immune system and rid your intestinal tract of parasites, yeast, and bacteria. Honey is also a potent anti-inflammatory that helps give you the energy to exercise.
To make this homemade weight loss tea follow these steps.
- 2If fresh ginger is not available, you can use powdered but make sure that the commercial powdered ginger that you use is not high in sodium as sodium causes weight gain. Grated ginger is always preferable as it contains enzymes that are more powerful than powdered ginger.Put two slices of fresh lemon, 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger, ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of loose leaf white tea and 1 cup raw organic honey in a teapot with a strainer.
- 4If you do it every day, you will lose one or two pounds of fat and water a week. This is a mild enough tea that you can continue to drink it every day with no ill effects for years on end.You can drink this hot or cold at any time of the day as long as you finish drinking the contents the entire pot.
- 5This type of homemade diet tea flushes your body continually so it is important to stay hydrated during the process.Drink plenty of water when drinking a strong Asian tea like White Tea.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- If you are making a tea with a lot of fruit or loose ingredients, you can spare yourself a lot of clean up time by making it in a French press that is usually used to make coffee
- Never make your weight loss tea in a plastic jug with a diffuser for holding fruit or loose tea as chemicals from the plastic could leach into your beverage
- To change the flavor of any of these teas you can add ice and a bit of citrus fruit, mint or a handful of berries
- If a recipe calls for organic kefir, but it is not available, you can use low-fat plain Greek yogurt, which is widely available now in most grocery stores
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Inukshuk, Eng, Donna