Lose Weight with Coconut Oil By Taking Coconut Oil Mixed With Water vs Dissolving Coconut Oil in Your Mouth vs Taking Coconut Oil Capsules ... and 3 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Anonymous
Coconut oil causes weight loss because:
- It contains medium chain saturated fatty acids that boosts metabolism for immediate energy
- The medium chain saturated fatty acids in coconut oil do tend to end up in the body stored as body fat
- Coconut oil is a natural starch blocker that slows the arrival of sugars into the bloodstream, which in turn prevents you from packing on the fat
- It is antibacterial and can help you look thinner and absorb nutrients better by destroying the bacterial yeast in your tummy
- The omega-3 fatty acids in coconut oil lower fat levels in the blood and flush fat out through the digestive system
- The omega-3 fatty acids in coconut oil support the health of your brain and keep you in a good mood while you are dieting
- Coconut oil helps combat gas, which relieves bloating and helps your abdomen look slimmer
- Whether taken internally or applied externally that coconut oil is a natural emollient that can help prevent skin from sagging
Method 1: By Taking Coconut Oil Mixed With Water
Mixing the coconut oil with a bit of warm water helps to liquefy it so that it is easier to swallow. Taking coconut oil, every day could cause a weight loss of at least two pounds a week.
- 1Mix three tablespoons of coconut oil with a cup hot water in a mug.Stir the coconut oil until it is melted and drink. If you prefer a bit more taste, you can mix it with a warm herbal tea such as green tea, hibiscus, peppermint, fennel or parsley. If you weigh over 200 pounds, you can mix four tablespoons of coconut oil with the hot water in a mug. Make the warm tea or beverage with pure distilled water rather than tap water for best results.Advertisement
- 2Drink the beverage slowly over the space of five minutes or longer.If you drink the coconut oil beverage too fast, you could experience a bit of queasiness or nausea. If this happens every time you drink it, try adding a drop or two of Angorusta Bitters to the mix to help settle your stomach.Advertisement
Method 2: By Dissolving Coconut Oil in Your Mouth
This method of taking coconut oil is fast, but not for those who get queasy easily. Taking your dose of coconut oil like this can cause a weight loss of at least two pounds a week. Do not overdo by taking more than the six tablespoons a day it or you could overwhelm your system with the fats and possibly be sick.
Method 3: By Taking Coconut Oil Capsules
Whenever possible it is best to take fresh, organic coconut oil, especially if you live in a warm climate where it is readily available. That is because supplemental coconut oil in capsules tends to be more refined or processed than raw organic oil that is eaten straight.
If you cannot stand the taste of taking the coconut oil straight, then it might be a good idea to take it in gel capsule form. This spares you from the taste and smell of the oil. Taking coconut oil pills is also more convenient for some people to take to work.
- 1Buy coconut oil gel capsules a health food store.The best capsules wall be marked as virgin coconut oil pills and may also be described as organic. Be aware too that the gel capsules are made from animal protein, so if you are vegan, you may want to get your coconut oil some other day.Advertisement
- 2Take three 1000 mg of coconut pills a day before a meal up to six pills a day.If you cannot find capsules in the 1000 mg strength, then try taking twelve 500 mg gel pills a day, divided at four pills per day before each meal. Taking the pills with a warm glass of water or warm tea helps the gel capsule break up in your stomach so that the oil is dispersed through your body.
Method 4: With Coconut Massage Oil
Massages with coconut oil can help you address the flabby, sagging skin that is often associated with weight loss. It can also help get rid of the white, red or brown streaks in the skin called stretchmarks. The fact that it is rich with antioxidants helps deal with cellulite and skin that has the texture of orange peel due to aging. Coconut oil is also odorless, which makes it great carrier oil for stimulating weight-loss essential oils such as peppermint, grapefruit or cinnamon essential oil.
- 2Do not rinse your skin or wash it after applying the coconut oil.Coconut oil is stable oil that can say on your skin and actually protect it from infection. As an added bonus, the oil seals moisture in skin, preventing it from wrinkling. It is rich in Vitamin E, which also helps tighten and repair your skin.
Method 5: With A Homemade Coconut Oil Scrub
A homemade scrub made with coconut oil is excellent for fighting fatty deposits and areas of your body that are plagued with saggy skin and cellulite. The sugar in this coconut oil scrub contains natural AHA (alpha-hydroxyl acids) that helps remove the top layer of skin and smooth it out. The coconut oil helps you to dissolve and smooth out fatty acids and the grated orange zest helps to detoxify your skin and add a bit of zinc and Vitamin C to the mix.
Method 6: By Adding It to Your Daily Diet
You will not achieve any sort of weight loss if you use coconut oil to cook or fry foods. Although some benefits of the oil remain if you cook it, you will lose a lot of the antioxidants in the oil that are also so very beneficial for weight loss and the heating of the oil can change it's unsaturated fat to saturated fat. The ideas here are suggestions as how to add the raw creamy or liquid form of the oil to your diet.
- 1Add a tablespoon or two of raw coconut oil to any smoothie that you make.The oil whips up nicely in a blender with any type of ingredient. If the oil is cold, and in more of a solid form, it can add thickness and texture to any smoothie. The slightly tropical taste of coconut oil goes well with most flavors but it goes extremely well with blueberries, mangos, oranges, pineapple, peaches, rice milk, coconut milk and raw organic cow's milk or goat milk. Coconut oil also suits vanilla or chocolate flavored smoothies. This is an efficient way to add the weight loss benefits of coconut oil to your diet without experiencing any type o oily taste.
- 2Make a coconut oil and maple syrup to pour over your waffles and pancakes.Coconut oil has a bit of flavor that mixes nicely with the sweet flavor of the syrup. You can mix the coconut in a ratio of 1:1 or 1:2, depending how big of a sweet tooth you have. The coconut oil adds essential fatty acids to the mix and it helps cut the glycemic index of eating maple syrup with your pancakes.
- 3Make a coconut oil salad dressing.In a small bowl, whisk, together a teaspoon of vinegar, a teaspoon of lemon juice, a bit of grated lemon zest, pepper and salt. While still whisking slowly pour a half a cup of coconut oil and a quarter cup of pure virgin olive oil into the bowl. Pour the contents of the bowl into a bottle intended for holding dressing or pour the mixture on salad or roasted vegetables and toss.
- 4Make a coconut oil and cinnamon sauce to serve over strawberries and bananas.Simply add a tablespoon of cinnamon to a quarter cup of coconut oil, stir and pour the mixture over bananas and strawberries to make a healthy dessert. The fruit is a good source of fiber, potassium and vitamin C. You can also add a bit of protein to the mix by serving the bananas and strawberries over low-fat yogurt or cottage cheese.
- 5Make a raw vegan vision of carrot-cake flavored yogurt parfait.Mix together grated carrots, broken up pieces of pecans and walnuts, a teaspoon of grated ginger and a couple of raisins and use it as a topping for plain or vanilla-flavored yogurt. Drizzle a teaspoon of coconut oil over the yogurt and serve. The nuts and yogurt provide you with protein and raisins are a good source of iron. The carrots add Vitamin A to the mix, which supports the health of your liver.
- 6Make raw Coconut and Sesame Seed Freezer bars.In a large bowl stir together 2 cups sesame seeds, 1 cup raisins, ½ cup of shredded coconut, half a cup of flaxseed meal, half a cup of tahini ¼ cup of coconut oil, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, a tablespoon of pure vanilla extract and ¾ o teaspoon of sea salt. Pour the mixture into a large brownie pan and press it down firmly with a spoon until it is as flat as possible. Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and freeze the mixture in the pan for one hour until it is firm. Remove it from the freezer and then cut it into bars to serve. This sweet treat is full of essential fatty acids, thanks to the coconut oil, flaxseed meal and coconut oil and the tahini adds protein to the recipe.
- 7Make Coconut Oil Chocolate Freezer Candies.In a bowl, mix together half of a cup of liquid coconut oil, two tablespoons of raw organic honey, one tablespoon of vanilla extract and ¼ cup of raw cocoa powder. Pour the mixture into a silicone candy tray and cool for thirty minutes in the freezer. You can then unmold the chocolate onto a tray and serve. The chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants and a natural mood elevator that can help you resist that low mood that can sometimes come with being on a calorie restricted diet or one that limits your choices of foods.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Only use organic virgin coconut oil, because it means that no chemical solvents will have been used in the processing require to extract the oil
- Coconut oil is usually sold in solid for but it liquefies in temperatures above 76 degrees F (24.4 Celsius), and it is easier to mix up in a liquid if the liquid is warm
- If you are experiencing hair loss because you are on a fat-free diet, then taking coconut oil can help your hair stay nourished, healthy and rooted in your head
- As an added bonus, coconut oil is very good for your skin and after you ingest it for some time, it can help your complexion glow
- Another added bonus is that using coconut oil on your skin can help eliminate body odor, making it an excellent oil to rub on the fatty areas of your body before you go to the gym
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna