Lose Weight with Cherries
Edited by Donna, Eng, Doug Collins
The Benefits of Eating Cherries to Lose Weight
Cherries assist with weight loss because:
- Cherries are an excellent source of fiber that helps clear out and heal the intestines so that weight loss is possible
- Cherries help clear uric acid from joints and reduce inflammation so it is easier to exercise and they are particularly helpful when for people who are sedentary because they suffer from painful gout or a fatty liver
- Cherries contain flavonoids that prevent the accumulation of bad cholesterol in the arteries
- They contain a rare flavonoid called B17 that miraculously resists inflammation and helps your body recover from exercise
- They are very rich in both Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which helps those with autoimmune diseases such as rheumatism or insulin resistance fight symptoms that can prevent them from exercising
- Cherries also contain iron, calcium and boron, which are minerals that help nourish blood and bone health and also help you feel more relaxed so that you sleep well
- This is a fruit very rich in the mineral potassium, which helps your body stay hydrated so that it can detoxify and repair itself easily
How to Lose Weight Eating Cherries
You should lose at least two pounds a week dieting with cherries.
- 2This is the equivalent of a cup of cherries. The water helps fill you up along with the cherries. A cup of cherries is between 78 and 97 calories and contains 3 grams of fiber. . If possible substitute a meal, like lunch with the ten cherries.Eat fifteen raw cherries three times a day with a big glass of ice water.Advertisement
Additional Ways to Add Raw Cherries to Your Diet
It is best to eat raw or frozen cherries, as the antioxidants and Vitamin C in cherries are destroyed by heat.
- 4Blend 1-cup vanilla almond milk with one cup frozen dark cherries, two tablespoons of raw cacao powder and a touch of Truvia to taste. This is a good drink to have before a work out because the protein in the nut milk and the sugars in the cherries will help fuel your efforts.Make a chocolate cherry smoothie.
- 5Slice 8 -10 pitted cherries into a bowl. Blend together, in a blender 1/3 of a cup of soaked chia seeds, ½ cup of almonds, 1 cup pitted dates, two tablespoons of orange juice and a splash of pure vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture is a chunky paste and spoon over the cherries. Refrigerate for up until three days and eat for breakfast. Enjoy with an ounce of almond or coconut milk. This breakfast offers all the nutrients that you need to fuel your day and the high fiber and high protein content helps combat mid-morning cravings.Have Chia and Cherries for breakfast.
- 6Cherry salsa is a foodie favorite that offers the benefits of cherries along with the anti-inflammatory benefits of onions, garlic and tomatoes. To make the salsa, which can be used in tacos, wraps and as a dip for vegetables and chip, roughly chop up 1 pint of black bing cherries and combined with chopped red onion, 2 large cloves of garlic, lemon juice and a handful of cilantro and mix it all together. You can also add four chopped up tomatoes and a bit of virgin olive oil to taste.Make a cherry salsa.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Both sweet and tart cherries contain nutrients that assist with weight loss
- Yellow cherries have a bit more Vitamin A than red ones
- Black cherries, also known as Bing cherries have more sugar and more antioxidants than other types
- Eating sour cherries may help with the loss of abdominal fat
- Juicing cherries is nutritious, but not recommended because the action of juicing turns it into a high glycemic food that speeds fruit sugars to your blood stream and causes weight gain
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna