Lose Weight with Blueberries On The Blueberry Diet vs By Adding More Blueberries to Your Daily Diet vs With a Blueberry Fast
Edited by Donna, Eng
Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Eating Blueberries
Blueberries enable weight loss because:
- They contain hundreds of phytonutrients and phytochemicals that are anti-aging and keep your body working in tip-top shape so that it can easily detoxify and repair itself after a workout
- Blueberries are considered to be a low-glycemic food, which means that eating them should not provoke insulin resistant reactions and consequent weight gain
- Blueberries are very rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin K, which helps those suffering from auto-immune diseases that cause weight gain, such as arthritis or diabetes, suffer from less joint pain so that they are able to exercise more often
- Blueberries contain a substantial amount of manganese, which helps regulate blood sugar levels
- The antioxidants in blueberries improve nerve damage, cognition and mood, thus inspiring overweight or sick individuals to exercise more
- There are four grams of fiber in blueberries, which helps detoxify the digestive system and eliminate body fat
- Blueberries are a filling fruit, with only 57 calories, and a cup of blueberries can help you feel full and also act as a meal replacement diet strategy.
- Blueberries are rich in B6 helps keep the pituitary and thyroid glands working and well and converting ingested calories into fuel instead of fat
- Blueberries are high in potassium, which is mildly diuretic and helps reduce belly fat
Method 1: On The Blueberry Diet
You can expect a weight loss two pounds a week on the blueberry diet, which works because you are replacing two meal a day with a cup blueberries and a big glass of water. You can stay on this calorie-restricted diet without risking health problems for six weeks.
- 1This, along with replacing one meal a day with just the blueberries slices should help you lose weight. There is only 57 calories in a cup of blueberries but the feeling of fullness they supply is enough to sustain most people throughout the day.Make a plan to eat 500 - 800 calories less than you do every day.Advertisement
- 2Try to avoid buying blueberries treated with pesticides, as that is quite common with this super fruit. Choose firm, uniform blueberries with a bit of a white blush to them. Do not buy wet blueberries and check the bottom of the container for mold. Remove any broken or moldy blueberries from the bottom of the container as they will spoil the rest.Buy several pints of fresh blueberries, preferably organic at your market.Advertisement
- 3You can split this cup of blueberries a day into a meal a meal and a snack if you find that skipping two meals is hard for year. Drinking water with the blueberries helps the pectin and fiber swell in the intestines so that the blueberries works effectively as a carbohydrate blocker. You can also eat your blueberries with a bit of almond milk, or coconut milk on them. Avoid using dairy or you will be adding to much sugar to the replacement meal and risk possible weight gain.Replace one to two meals every day with one cup of blueberries and an 8-ounce glass of water.
- 5If you are replacing two meals with fruit then you can eat as much as 10 ounces of a high-quality protein. Turkey, chicken, fish, lamb, steak and shellfish are good choices. The salad can be made with any vegetables you want, but stay away from high-fat or creamy dressings and stick to very simple oil and vinegar dressings or fruit and vinegar dressings.For dinner eat four to six ounces of protein with a salad.
- 6This means avoiding all sugars and starches including sugar, pasta, refined breads, potatoes and dairy. These foods will sabotage your weight loss goals because they cause you to gain weight. Instead eat nuts, seeds and low-glycemic carbs such as zucchini to satisfy carb cravings.Avoid eating all foods that are white.
Method 2: By Adding More Blueberries to Your Daily Diet
Frozen blueberries work as well as raw ones for any recipe. They do not lose their anthocyanins, which are powerful antioxidants that help with weight loss, when they are in the freezer for up to three months. However it is always best to use raw blueberries whenever possible as cooking them lowers the availability of Vitamin C and E, as well as the antioxidants in the fruit. Whenever possible, eat them raw.
- 3Brew four to five cups of your favorite green, orange or black of tea and add a pitcher half full of ice. Then add 2 cups of blueberry juice or pureed, a cup of lemon juice, a tablespoon of Truvia and a handful of mint. Chill for two hours, stir well and serve over ice with blueberries and lemons as a garnish.Make a Blueberry Mint Iced Tea.
- 7Fill a glass with ice-cubes and 2 ounces of fresh blueberry juice or pureed blueberries. Top with sparkling water and serve with lemon, lime and a handful of whole blueberries added for visual interest. If a bit more sweetness is required, add a touch of orange juice or a bit of Truvia Sweetener. Add a bit of gin or rose gin to turn this into a tasty low-cal cocktail.Make a Mint-Blueberry Fizz.
Tips and Tricks
- Eating blueberries is beneficial for those who suffer from Type 2 Diabetes and may help them reduce abdominal fat
- For a change of pace enjoy wild blueberries, which have a very rich, yet still tart taste and which are even more nutritious than farmed blueberries
Method 3: By Making Blueberry Smoothies
You can lose weight drinking blueberry smoothies simply by replacing as many meals a day as you can with a delicious smoothie instead. With most people, this results in a 500 to 800 calorie deficit a day, that can easily amount to a weight loss of two pounds a week. When combined with powdered protein and other ingredients, blueberry smoothies and frosty drinks can sustain your weight loss for months on end. ' Blueberry smoothies can help you lose weight because:
- Blueberries smoothies can be made with greens or sweet fruits, thus offering the dieter a great selection of flavors as well as nutritional options
- Blueberries are a filling fibrous food that works well to help clean out your colon
- Blueberry smoothies satisfy cravings for a sweet tooth and prevent you from resorting to sweet treats
- Blueberries are natural carbohydrate blockers that prevent you from absorbing the fat from other foods
- Blueberries are natural anti-inflammatories that prevent joint pain so you could exercise easier
- Blueberries have magnesium and selenium in them, which helps relax you and make you less likely to eat out of nervous habit.
How to Lose Weight With Blueberry Smoothies
All of these blueberry smoothie recipes share the distinction very low in fat, low in calories and also low carb. Replace as many meals and snacks that you can a day with any of the following recipes. The higher the smoothie is in calories, the longer you will be able to go without eating.
- 1This luscious smoothie tastes like it has a lot more calories in it and can hold you off until lunch if you have it for breakfast. It contains 8 ounces of vanilla fat-free yogurt, a handful of spinach leaves, 1 cup of fresh blueberries., ½ cup of frozen pineapple chunks, a splash of spring water and a cup of crushed ice. Blend together until frosty and then serve in glasses.Make a 110-calorie Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie.Advertisement
- 2Use one small ripe banana, about a cup and a half of blueberries and two ounces of apple juice. Add a teaspoon of maple syrup or Truvia sweetener and mix up it up in a blender. Pour into a cup and serve. It is very nice garnished with mint. The banana is a rich source of potassium, which is necessary for dieters recovering after exercise.Make a 120-calorie dairy-free Blueberry Banana Smoothie.
- 3Blend to gather 1 cup ice cubes, 1 banana, 1 peeled kiwis fruit, ¾ cup of blueberries and six ounces of Greek vanilla yogurt. Blend well until smooth and then drink. Garnish with mint or a kiwi slice. Kiwi is an excellent source of fiber that, along with the blueberries helps reduce belly bloat.Make a 125-calorie Blueberry Kiwi Smoothie.
- 4Mix a cup of blueberries, the chopped flesh o two apples, one cup raspberries, ½ cup of seedless black grapes, three tablespoons of Truvia and a cup of ice cubes. Blend until smooth in a blender and enjoy chilled with a garnish of black grapes. This drink causes weight loss because it is dairy-free, very high in vitamins and anti-oxidants and very high in fiber.Make a 140-calorie Blueberry Grape and Apple Smoothie.
- 5Combine 1 cup frozen blueberries, ½ cup vanilla soy milk and six ounces of lemon or vanilla Greek yogurt. Whip this up in a blender with a bit of ice. You can also use almond milk or coconut milk in this recipe if desired. If it is not sweet enough add a bit of Truvia or Maple syrup. The milk and yogurt add needed lean protein to the smoothie.Make a 160-calorie Blueberry Soymilk Smoothie.
- 6This smoothie tends to be very bright pink in color and it does not needs sweetener because you get all of the sugar that you need from the berries. Combine a small frozen banana, 2 large strawberries, 1'4 cup blueberries, a half of a cup of milk or nut milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 ounces of thick Greek Yogurt and a couple of ice cubes. This particular smoothie has a very high Vitamin C content, which battles insulin resistance and keeps you in tip top shape for exercising.Make a simple 160-calorie Blueberry Strawberry smoothie.
- 7This smoothie is full of minerals needed to support the endocrine system as well as ginger, which is anti-inflammatory and helps clean out a toxic liver. Blend together a cup of water, ¼ cup of frozen blueberries, ¼ cup seedless green grapes, ½ green apple, 3 big fresh or frozen strawberries, a 1 inch pieces of peeled fresh ginger and a tablespoon of maple syrup or agave nectar.Make a 165-calorie Blueberry Ginger Smoothie.
- 9The chocolate in this is as rich in antioxidants that help with weight loss as the blueberries. Mix two heaping teaspoons of raw cacao powder. Add the chocolate liquid to a blender contain half a cup of frozen blueberries, one cup milk, one teaspoon Truvia and four ice cubes. Blend until smooth and serve while it is still cold.Make a 180-calorie Chocolate and Blueberry Smoothie.
- 10Add 1/3 cup blueberries, 1/3 of cup raspberries, 4 large strawberries, 1/3 of cup of pomegranate juice, a splash of mango juice and 2/3 of a cup milk. Blend this together with a bit of ice and puree until smooth. The berries in this low-calorie smoothie make it super-rich in antioxidants that support weight loss. If not sweet enough, you can add a bit of maple syrup or Truvia to the smoothie.Make a 190-calorie Berry Blast smoothie.
- 11In a blender combine 1 cup very cold water, half of a peeled orange or grapefruit, 2 cup fresh spinach , ½ raw beet, 1/3 of cup baby carrots, 1/3 of a cup of broccoli, 1 stalk celery, half of lime and a tablespoon of maple syrup or Truvia. Whip this all together to create a nutritious drink that contains an entire spectrum of anti-oxidants that contribute to weight loss by supporting the health of the thyroid and pancreas.Make a 200-calorie Blueberry Salad Smoothie.
- 12This is a minimalist smoothie made with 1 cup of blueberries, eight ounces of plain yogurt, ½ of a cup of 1% milk or almond milk, a teaspoon of Truvia, half a teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/8 of a teaspoon of ground nutmeg. Nutmeg has constituents in it that makes you feel happy and satisfied, which helps banish cravings.Make a 210-calorie Blueberry Nutmeg smoothie.
- 13Combine 1 cup almond milk with 1 cup blueberries, a tablespoon of almond butter, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and a handful of ice cubs. Blend this together to create a drink that is very high in craving curbing protein and essential fatty acids.Make a 230-calorie Blueberry and Almond Butter smoothie.
- 14This smoothie is very good for the skin and helps it bounce back from weight loss. Cucumber also helps reduce bloat. Mix together a half cup of blueberries, a splash of tart cherry juice, ¼ cup of coconut water, 1 frozen banana, a half of a cucumber peeled and ¾ cup of buttermilk. Blend well in a blender until smooth and then serve.Make a 250-calorie Blueberry Cucumber Smoothie.
- 15Combine a frozen banana, a cup and a half of frozen blueberries, a cup of vanilla almond milk, a cup of Greek yogurt and 2 teaspoons of flax seed meal and whirl in a blender. Add spring water if the mixture is too thick to drink. Flax is an excellent source of fiber and helps cleanse the colon of toxins.Make a 250-calorie Blueberry and Flax seed smoothie.
- 16This bright pink smoothie is very supportive of liver function, which helps keep the body cleansed and svelte. Mix together, half of a cup of frozen blueberries, half of cup of frozen blackberries, 4 slices of cucumber 1 cup spinach, 1 cut up raw beet, Whirl together with a half a cup of ice to smoothie consistency and then serve.Make a 250-calorie Blueberry Beet smoothie.
- 17This low-calorie healthy drink tastes like a blueberry and peanut butter sandwich. Combine 1 banana, ½ cup of frozen blueberries, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of honey, ½ cup of vanilla yogurt, 1 cup milk and 1 tablespoon wheat germ and 1 tablespoon of steel cut oatmeal flakes. Whirl together until smooth and then pour into glasses to serve.Make a 250-calorie Blueberry and Peanut Butter Smoothie.
- 18Combine a quarter cup of lemon juice, half of teaspoon of fresh lemon zest, a ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt, a ½ cup of coconut milk and 2 cups frozen wild blueberries to a blender. Add ice if you want an even frostier drink. Wild blueberries have even more antioxidants than regular ones.Make a 250-calorie Wild Blueberry and Lemon smoothie.
- 19Add 1 cup key lime flavored Greek yogurt, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 cup almond milk, 1 large banana, 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut, 2 tablespoons raw almonds and a teaspoon of Truvia. Blend it all together in a blender and then serve with a garnish of slivered almonds.Make a 260- Calorie Blueberry Coconut Lime smoothie.
- 20Mix 2 cups frozen blueberries, 1 whole avocado peeled, 2 cup fresh mint leaves, 1 cup water, ½ cup orange or grapefruit juice and tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix well in a blender until smooth and serve with a mint and blueberry garnish, The higher fat content in this smoothie is due to the fact that avocados are quite fatty, but the good news is that it is all good fat that supports and efficient metabolism as well as brain health. This type of smoothie, that is rich in EFAs can help alleviate the cravings that can sometimes come with trying to stick to a low calorie, low-fat diet.Make a 275-calorie Blueberry Avocado smoothie.
- 21Combine 1 banana, a cup of blueberries, 3 cups spinach, 1 tablespoon soaked chia seed, 8 ounce of almond or cashew milk and a cup of chopped papaya in a blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a glass. Papaya is full of enzymes that help the digestive system detoxify itself and remove bloat.Make a 330-calorie Blueberry Papaya Smoothie.
- 22This smoothie is richer because of the nuts and a good one to have if you have to skip meals all day. The dates and cashew butter are very supportive of brain function and also contain enough protein to keep you going if you are trying to resist cravings for junk food. Combine one banana, a half cup of almond milk, 2 pitted chopped dates, 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries and 2 tablespoons of cashew butter. Whirl until smooth in a blender and then serve with cashews, dates or banana slice as a garnish.Make a 400-calorie Blueberry Cashew Butter Smoothie.
- 23If you do not want to eat all day, then this rich smoothie is the one to have. Cardamom is a natural appetite suppressant and mood elevator that goes very well with blueberry fruit. Mix together 2 cups almond milk, 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 small frozen banana, a cup of blueberries and two pinches of ground cardamom and blend well.Make a 435-calorie gourmet Blueberry Cardamom smoothie.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- When making a smoothie with cocoa, be sure to use raw cacao or cocoa to up your anti-oxidant intake
- You will not lose weight if you make your blueberry weight loss smoothies with ice cream or sugar-laden frozen yogurt; stick to using nut milks, skim milk dairy and low fat yogurt.
- Using frozen berries is recommended if you want a frostier drink and spring water can always be added to smoothies that seem too thick
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Donna