Lose Weight with Aronia Berries By Drinking Aronia Berry Weight Loss Tea' vs Drinking Dried Aronia Berries In Juice vs Substituting Meals for Aronia Berry Smoothies ... and 1 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma
The Aronia is a small round little black berry that grows on low hedges that is widely available all over the world. It is also sometimes called a chokecherry. The ripe raw fruit tastes like a slightly bitter black cherry.
Depending on where you live, you are able to buy Aronia berries dried in plastic packets or boxes (like raisins), as a jam, or as a juice. If you are going to buy any type of Aronia berry product, make sure it is not further sweetened with added sugar. Aronia drinks and concentrates have been known to have as much as 45 grams of sugar in them, and high levels of sugar like this will cause you to gain weight. Stick to a product that has a natural sugar content of 25 grams or lower or better yet, try to use the fresh or frozen product as much as possible and make your own jams and drinks. A recommended brand is Tickleberries Aronia Berry Juice
Aronia berries trigger weight loss because:
- A third of a cup of Aronia berries, which is an average serving, only has 23 calories, which makes them an ideal diet food
- Aronia berries are exceptionally high in Vitamin C,(35% at a third of a cup) which reduces inflammation all over the body and assists with the efficient functioning o your metabolism
- Aronia berries contain phenolic compounds that help fight inflammation and diseases that lead to obesity such as cardiovascular disease and fatty liver disease
- Aronia berries are a natural diuretic that prevents weight gain due to bloating and water retention
- They are incredibly high in potassium at 162 mg which helps your body tissues stay alkaline and help your body recover quickly after a workout
- The essential fatty acids (1 gram) in Aronia berries support brain health and help prevent the depressed mood that are sometimes part of being on a low calorie diet.
- Aronia berries are very high in fiber, which assists with the cleansing of fat and waste from the intestines and prevents bloating and a lack of nutrient absorption
- Aronia berries contain natural acids that help prevent blood sugar swings and diabetes
- Aronia berries are a source of resveratrol, the same antioxidant that is in red wine that can help improve the heart and blood vessel function, reduce high blood pressure and prevent heart disease
- The procyanidins, anthocyanins and phenolic acids in aronia berries also save cells from oxidative stress, which in turn is beneficial for conditions such as arthritis and diabetes
Method 1: By Drinking Aronia Berry Weight Loss Tea'
Drinking a strong brew made from dried Aronia berries every day, at least twice a day, can help you lose two pounds or more of weight a week.
Method 2: By Drinking Dried Aronia Berries In Juice
Infusing the dried Aronia berries in cherry, pomegranate, blueberry or raspberry juice is a great way to take advantage of the berry's weight loss benefits. These dark-colored juices are also very rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, thus optimizing the nutritional profile of the drink even further.
Method 3: By Substituting Meals for Aronia Berry Smoothies
Substituting a meal for a smoothie that contains vitamin C and fiber-rich Aronia berries can help you trim inches from your waist. This is a calorie deprivation diet that you can stay on until you reach your weight loss goals.
The main idea behind this diet is that you will lose weight if you replace two meals a day with a nutritious smoothie made with Aronia berries that is 200 calories or less. This is a daily day plan that you can repeat until you have lost all of the weight that you need to without suffering from the muscle wasting, saggy skin and mood swings that are normally associated with being on a calorie-restricted weight loss diet.
In order for this diet to work, you follow the instructions below exactly and not eat any salty snacks deep-fried foods, sugar, potatoes, rice, bread or pasta or any junk foods.
You may have your choice of any tea, herbal tea or coffee to drink and you can use stevia as a sweetener.
- 1For most people, this results in a calorie deficit between 1000 and 2000 calories a day that can lead to extreme weight loss of up to five to ten pounds a week.Replace two meals a day with any one of the Aronia berry smoothies on the list below called Aronia Smoothie Recipes Under 200 Calories.Advertisement
- 2Suggested proteins are steak, lamb, chicken, tuna, lobster, oysters, shrimps, salmon, mussels, scallops, yogurt, kefir or cottage cheese. Recommended fats to use in dressings or to cook with are coconut oil, extra-virgin olive oil ad walnut oil. You are also allowed almonds, a spoonful of flax seeds, a spoonful of nut butters or the pulp of one avocado.Make sure that the one meal you eat a day is less than 1000 calories and that it contains four ounces of a lean protein, two ounces of a healthy fat and a single serving of four to six ounces complex carbohydrates.
Aronia Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes Under 200 Calories
Here are seven recipes for berry smoothies that are less than 200 calories that you can use to replace two meals a day. You can drink a favorite smoothie again and again or use them in any order that you like. They are listed from lowest in calories to highest. The calorie estimates for each smoothie below are based on a 10-ounce serving.
- 1Whirl together a cup of frozen Aronia berries, a cup of almond milk, two tablespoons of Matcha Green Tea powder and a half a cup of Aronia berry (or some other dark juice) in a blender. Blend until frosty and drink. Matcha tea is a powder thickens the shake and enriches it with polyphenols and fat-burning antioxidants... The nut milk contains protein and essential fatty acids that support the health of your brain and mood.Make a Aronia Berry and Matcha Green Tea smoothie at 110 calories.
- 2In a blender filled with ice, add a handful of frozen Aronia berries, a half cup of raw organic cocoa a small frozen banana, a cup of sweetened vanilla almond milk and a handful of flax seeds or chia seeds. Whirl all of the ingredients together until frosty and smooth. This is a high-fiber smoothie that helps to cleanse your colon, which gives you the appearance of a flatter tummy. The banana and chia seeds are a great source of protein for dieters and further help to reduce bloating. The raw organic cocoa in the blend helps to elevate your mood and make you feel full so that you do not experience cravings.Make a Raw Cacao and Aronia Berry Smoothie at 120 calories.
- 3Blend together one cup of fresh spinach, one cup of frozen Aronia berries, ½ cup of, 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice, an ounce of coconut oil, two tablespoons of flax seeds, a handful of cubes. Blend everything together until smooth and drink. Spinach is a source of iron and folate, which supports the health of your respiratory system and liver. The orange juice is also very high in Vitamin C and reduces the type of inflammation that causes weight gain and prevents exercise. The coconut oil adds essential fatty acids to the mixture and the flax seeds add cleansing fiber, further promoting weight loss.Make a Aronia Berry, Spinach and Orange smoothie at 125 calories per serving.
- 4Whirl together a half of a cup of frozen Caronia berries, a half cup of frozen raspberries 1 ripe frozen banana, a cup of raspberry or Aronia berry juice, two tablespoons of vanilla yogurt and a cup of ice in a blender. Mix until smooth and frosty. This dark purple smoothie is very high in Vitamin C and potassium, which supports the health of your cardiovascular and endocrine systems, helping you to lose weight faster and in a healthy way. Raspberries are also very rich in fiber and Vitamin C, which helps your body cleanse itself of fat.Make an Aronia Berry, Raspberry and Banana smoothie at 130 calories.
- 5Combine ¼ cup of frozen Aronia berries, 1 cup of frozen sweet or tart cherries, ½ cup of pomegranate or cherry juice, a small frozen banana, a tablespoon of chia seeds and half a cup of plain yogurt. Blend everything together with a cup of ice until smooth. This bright pink smoothie is very high in Vitamin C and potassium. The chia seeds in this weight loss smoothie are a source of protein and fiber yogurt in the smoothie supplies you with the protein needed to tie you over until the next meal.Make a Aronia berry, Cherry and Chia smoothie at 140 calories.
- 6Combine ¼ cup of frozen Aronia berries, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, ½ cup of pomegranate, a small frozen banana and half a cup of plan yogurt. Blend everything together with a cup of ice until smooth. This bright pink smoothie is very high in Vitamin C and potassium and the yogurt in the smoothie supplies you with the protein needed to sustain you until the next meal.Make a Aronia berry, Blueberry and Pomegranate smoothie at 145 calories.
- 7Blend together two cups of Aronia Berries, one small frozen banana, 1 cup of plain yogurt, ½ cup of vanilla coconut milk, a handful of ice and a tablespoon of honey. Whirl everything together until smooth and garnish with mint. The coconut milk adds protein and essential fatty acids to the mix and the honey helps you feel energized. This is a good smoothie to drink just before a workout as it is a little higher in carbohydrates than the others on this list.Make an Aronia berry, Vanilla and Banana smoothie at 150 calories.
Method 4: By Adding Aronia Berries to Your Daily Diet
Here are additional ways to include Aronia berries in your diet so that you can lose weight by either consuming them, dried or as juice. You will benefit from the high nutrition and anti-inflammatory qualities of these berries.
- 3Dried Aronia berries can be used in much the same way that you would eat raisins or dried cranberries and are, in fact, good in a trail mixing that contains all three dried fruits.[Image:dries_76052.jpg]|center|frame|Add dried Aronia berries to a trail mix.]Eat dried Aronia berries as a snack or add them to a trail mix or granola.
- 5Whirl together two cups of ice, tone cup of fresh Aronia berry juice, one cup of sweet cherry juice and a squeeze of lemon in a blender. This drink should be sweet as it is, but if it is a bit tart, you can also add a bit of stevia or honey to sweeten it.Make an Aronia Berry and Cherry juice frosty.
- 6Mix one part with lemonade with one part Aronia berry juice and pour it into a tall glass over ice. Top it with plain or sparkling spring water to make a refreshing weight-loss beverage that is much better for you than sugar or aspartame laden colas. This drink also goes well with a shot of vodka.Make an Aronia berry lemonade.
- 7Aronia berry goes well with most teas but especially well with black tea, hibiscus, and green tea, Simply brew three cups your tea of choice, add a cup of Aronia berry juice and pour it to a glass pitcher full of ice cubes. Garnish with lemon and add a bit of stevia to the tea if you find it too sweet. This tea Aronia iced tea is very rich in Vitamin C and a powerful diuretic that helps to flush fat out of your system.Drink a sugar-free iced tea made with Aronia juice and tea as often as you like.
- 8In a blender, combine two cups of raw or frozen Aronia berry with a quarter cup of pure spring water and three heaping tablespoons of Stevia or Truvia. Whirl the mixture together until it has the consistency of jam. If you don't like the taste of stevia you can also use a tablespoon of honey in this recipe but as the berries are quite naturally sweet you should not need too much. You can use this jam on any type of baked good or you can stir it into yogurt, smoothies or cottage cheese.Make a sugar-free Aronia berry jam.
- 9Simply add a cup of the raw or thawed frozen Aronia berries to your regular cranberry sauce recipe and blend everything in a blender. The Aronia berries will add fiber as well as additional Vitamin C to this traditional festive side dish. The cherry flavor of this blend goes well with pork and chicken as well. You can also eat it with tortilla chips.Add raw or frozen Aronia berries to cranberry sauce.
- 10The berries also go well with red onions, walnuts, almonds tangerine or orange segments, oil and vinegar and salt and pepper. This salad is a good source of the antioxidants vitamins and minerals that support metabolic function and rapid weight loss.Add fresh or dried Aronia berries to any salad with dark greens or roasted vegetables.
- 13Just a glass or two of this wine, taken twice a day, can help trigger weight loss. However, do not indulge in Aronia berry wine if you are sensitive to alcohol or diabetic as the wine may be too sweet for your system to handle.[[Image:choeberry wine_82504.jpg|center|frame|Aronia Berry wine may also be sold as Chokeberry wine.)Drink a glass of Aronia wine, also known as Chokecherry wine every day.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- It is recommended that you consume dried Aronia berries as they have a higher antioxidant value and more fiber than the juice
- Frozen Aronia berries are widely available in health food stores
- Buy organic dried Aronia berries to make sure they are not infected with pesticides
- Fresh Aronia berries should be eaten quickly as they do not tend to last more than three days
- As an added bonus, Aronia berries are so rich in anthocyanins they have been found effective against fighting cancer, especially colon cancer, which can be caused by a lifetime of bad dietary habits
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Lose Weight with Aronia Berries. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Aronia_Berries
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Lose Weight with Aronia Berries." VisiHow, visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Aronia_Berries Accessed 25 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Lose Weight with Aronia Berries." Accessed May 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Aronia_Berries.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna