Lose Weight by Resetting Your Metabolism With the Three Day Metabolism Reset Program vs With the Metabolic Reset Diet Plan vs By Avoiding Foods That Slow Down Your Metabolism ... and 2 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma
Resetting your metabolism means bringing it back to a past point where it was more efficient at turning carbohydrates into fuel, instead of fat. Here are some diets designed to detoxify your body, reverse the effects of aging and insulin resistance, and help your body become a lean fat-burning machine.
Method 1: With the Three Day Metabolism Reset Program
On this diet, you are directed to eat certain foods and eliminate others, over a period of three days, in order to detoxify your body and reset your metabolism. It focuses on eating gluten-free foods and foods that are probiotics to help improve the health of the guts so that your biomeme behaves more efficiently. When the three days are over, your metabolism will be sufficiently boosted and you will be able to eat anything you want and still lose weight. Any time that you feel your metabolism is getting sluggish, then you can just go on this diet again.
- 1That is because gluten causes inflammation, water retention and insulin resistance. You will not be able to eat any type of product made from flour that is made from any type of grain, including all breads and cooked cereals as detailed on the list below called Flours That Contain Gluten. You are also not allowed to eat any of the foods containing gluten that are on the list below called Foods That Contain Gluten. It is also essential for you to read food labels and recognize the many names that describe gluten in an ingredient list. You can access these names under The Many Names For Gluten on Ingredient Lists.For a period of three days, eliminate all foods that contain gluten from your diet.Advertisement
- 2This includes commonly available sweeteners that are sold under such common names such as Equal, Sucaryl, Sweet N Low, Sweet Twin, Splenda and Xylitol. Unlike many other diets you are also not allowed Isomalt or Sugar Alcohols, which are usually considered to be "safe " sweeteners for dieters. For a thorough list of the sweeteners that are not allowed on this diet see The Many Names for Artificial Sweeteners on Ingredient List below. Artificial sweeteners are avoided because they send signals to your brain indicating that you are short food and trigger your endocrine system to start storing calories as fat.For three days, eliminate all artificial sweeteners from your diet.Advertisement
- 3In a cereal bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds,1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, two drops of stevia and a dash of sea salt. Pour ½ cup of boiling water over this mixture and stir well until the seeds are tender and plump. Top with blueberries, black berries and raspberries for additional sweetness. This bowl contains a great deal of protein, plus essential fatty acids that help support the health of the endocrine system, which governs all of the organs and systems that assist with burning carbohydrates. The cinnamon ad the fresh berries are potent sources of antioxidants that act as anti-inflammatory agents that can help promote weight loss.For breakfast for each of the three days that you are on the program only eat a Superseed bowl.
- 4You are allowed one five ounce low-fat, organic roasted source of protein such as free-range chicken, wild salmon, two hard boiled eggs or grass-fed beef with one serving of gluten-free carbohydrates such as amaranth, buckwheat, or wild rice. This helps prevent the inflammation in your body that can raise blood sugar levels.For the three-day period of the regimen, eat only gluten-free carbs for lunch and dinner.
- 5The apple cider vinegar acts as a potent anti-inflammatory and it also helps to repopulate your gut with helpful bacteria.Along with lunch and dinner, for the three day period, have one glass of water with one tablespoon of pure organic apple cider vinegar mixed into it.
- 6Foods that are natural probiotics are asparagus, avocado, Brussels sprouts, lentils, sauerkraut, kimchi, miso, buttermilk, kefir and Greek yogurt. Fit these dishes into your eating regimen as side dishes or snacks. For example, you could have a cup of Greek yogurt for a morning snack, sliced avocado with lunch, steamed Brussels sprouts with dinner and a cup of miso soup as a snack.Eat four cups of foods a day that qualify as being probiotics for the period of three days that your are on the Metabolism Reset Program.
- 7These foods are powerful anti-inflammatories that boost your immune system. They are also a source of minerals that can help rehabilitate your metabolism so that it works more efficiently. Onions can be served, sliced and mince and added to any dish you like and the garlic can be eaten raw or cook, as long as it is sliced or minced.Meals may be seasoned with herbs, onion and garlic.
- 8Any type of nut is allowed as long as it is salted or unsalted. Nuts provide you with the protein and essential fatty acids needed to rev up your metabolism.During the three days, you may have a quarter of a cup of nuts.
- 9Be sure to buy raw organic chocolate that is ethically grown to get the most out antioxidants from the chocolate.During the three days, you may have two squares of dark chocolate that is sweetened with stevia (only) and that is at least 70% cocoa in content.
- 10Keep in mind that your metabolism reset will not last long if you are eating a lot of fat, sugar, salt and junk food and if you are not leading a healthy lifestyle that includes lots of exercise.After you are done the three-day metabolism diet, you can resume your normal healthy lifestyle.
Grains and Flours That Contain Gluten To Avoid
[[Image:grains_81535.jpg|center|frame|Most grains and flours contain gluten.]
This is a list of all or the different types of grains and flours that you are not allowed to have during the three-day detoxification period o the Metabolism Reset Regimen.
- Bulgur Wheat
- Graham flour
- Kamut Matzo
- Wheat germ
Foods That Contain Gluten To Avoid
This is a list of all of the different foods that contain gluten that you must avoid during the three days that you are on the Three Day Metabolism Reset Program
- blue cheese
- breaded foods
- bullion and broths (liquid and powdered)
- canned baked beans
- communion wafters
- chocolate milk
- flavored coffee and teas
- cold cuts
- egg substitute
- energy bars
- fu (an Asian flour)
- hot dogs
- processed cheese
- French fries (especially frozen French fries which are coated with flour and spices)
- fruit fillings for pie
- instant hot chocolate
- ice cream
- imitation meat of any kind (crab, bacon)
- malt, malt vinegar and malt flavoring
- matzo balls
- meat loaf
- oats and oat bran
- non-dairy creamer
- Roasted nuts
- root beer
- rye bread
- salad dressings
- soups (both canned and powdered)
- soy sauce
- teriyaki and other Asian sauces
- trail mix
- soy sauce
- spice mixes
- veggie burgers
- wine coolers
The Many Names For Gluten On Ingredient Lists
This is a list of all of the different names for gluten that you will find when reading ingredient labels. You must completely avoid all forms of gluten during the three days that you are on the Three Day Metabolism Reset Program.
- Avena sativa cyclodextrin, which is a derivative of oats and found in cereals, cookies, cakes and fast foods
- Brown rice syrup, which is used to flavour all kinds of commercial drinks, colas, packaged foods, breads and desserts is made from barley
- Caramel color, which is derived from sugar and is found in liquors, colas, deserts, sauces, custards, filling potato chips, gravy, ice cream, pickles and more.
- Dextrin, which is produced ROM corn starch and used a thickener in a number of foods including soups, puddings and artificial sweeteners
- Fermented grain extract, which is found in all kinds of alcohols, flavourings and packaged foods
- Hydrolyzed malt extract, which is found in fast food snacks like Pringles and Cheezies and also found in all kinds of oatmeals, breads and cereals
- Hydrolyzed vegetable protein is made from plant protein and adds texture to all kinds of different foods
- Hydrolyzed soy protein is made from soy and found listed as an ingredient on thousands s of foods and drinks of all kinds
- Maltodextrin is a sugar made from malt that is used in thousands of drinks and foods of all kinds to give it flavor and texture
- Modified food starch is a popular thickener used in soups, stews and packaged puddings
- Natural flavoring is another word for gluten on packaging
- Triticum is a variant of wheat that is found in breads, porridges, puddings, breadings and any refined food that needs structure and body
- Tocopherol is a derivative of Vitamin E that is added as a thickener to refined products
- Yeast Extract is processed yeast that adds flavoring and teture to canned goods, soups, stews and frozen meals
The Many Names for Artificial Sweeteners on Ingredient Lists
This is a list of all of all of the different names for the artificial sweeteners that you will find when reading ingredient labels. You must completely avoid all forms of gluten during the three days that you are on the Three Day Metabolism Reset Program.
- Aspartame, also known as APM, AminoSweet, Aspartyl-phentlalanine-1-methyl ester
- Cylclamate, also known as Sucaryl
- Erythritol, also known as Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate (HSH)Sugar alcohol, Zerose, Zwett
- Glycerol, also known as glycerine
- Glycyrrhizin also known as licorice
- Isolmalt, also known as Isomaltitol, Diabetisweet, Decomalt and Hudrogenated Isomatulose
- Lactitol, also known as sugar alcohol
- Maltitol, also known as Maltitol Syrup, Maltitol Powder, Hydrogenated Maltose, Lesys and SweetPearl
- Manittol, also known as Sugar alcohol
- Polydextrose, also know as sugar alcohol
- Sucralose, also known as Trchllorasucrose, Equal Sucralose NatraTaste Gold and Splenda
- Tagatose, also known as Natrulose
- Xylitol also known as Smart Sweet, Sugar alcohol Xylipure and Xylosweet
Method 2: With the Metabolic Reset Diet Plan
The Metabolic Reset Diet is one that you can stay on until you reach your weight loss goal. It entails eating six meals a day, beginning with a hearty breakfast. It also demands that you eat certain fat-burning foods every day. The theory is that people who graze on food all day lose more weight For most people, following this diet this means earning a weight loss of two pounds a week.
- 1This should include a mid-morning snack, a lunch, a mid-afternoon snack, dinner and an evening snack. The breakfast can be up to 800 calories and all of your other meals should be about 500 calories or less. Keep in mind that the less calories you eat during the five meals you eat during the day, the more efficiently your metabolism will work and the more weight you will lose.Eat a large breakfast and five other small meals ad ay.Advertisement
- 2Good choices for meals are roast turkey, roast chicken, steak, hard boiled eggs, low-fat milk and yogurt, leafy greens, vegetables, nuts and fruit. Good choices for side dishes and snacks include asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, melons and pineapple as these foods take more calories to digest than they actually contain. This causes a deficit of calories.Make sure that any food that you eat is low fat, low-sodium and from an organic source.
- 3These are foods that will jumpstart your metabolism in the morning. A good example is two poached eggs on two slices of toast and four ounce up of yogurt with fresh berries. This works because it helps you resist snacking throughout the day.Start each morning with a large breakfast that includes fresh fruit, whole grains, protein and dairy.
- 4You can eat each half as a snack or make a whole grapefruit the snack that you enjoy as one of the six small meals you eat a day. Grapefruit contains chromium, which reverses insulin resistance and speeds up your metabolism.Make sure that you eat a whole grapefruit every day.
- 5Most people's metabolisms are slowest after six at night and calories are more likely to be packed on your body as fat.Never eat a meal or snack just before you go to bed.
- 6The colder your water is, the more your body works to maintain its temperature, which in turn results in a calorie loss.Drink at least eight glasses of the coldest water you can stand every day.
Method 3: By Avoiding Foods That Slow Down Your Metabolism
One way to reset jump start your metabolism, without even dieting, is to simply avoid those foods that are known to slow down your metabolism. Once these foods are eliminated from your life, you will find that your metabolism naturally speeds up.
- 1These are the apples that are not organic that are grown in huge orchards and transported over miles to land in faraway supermarket aisles. These apples contain chemicals that disrupt your hormones and cause problems with your metabolism and weight gainAvoid apples sprayed with wax or pesticide.Advertisement
- 2Hydrogenated fats are also known as omea-6 fatty acids and they cause weight gain, insulin resistance and diabetes.Avoid eating butter and margarines that are filled with hydrogenated fats.
- 3Sodas sweetened with high fructose corn syrup pack on the pounds and slow down your metabolism, putting you at risk for weight gain and diabetes. Drinking sugary colas will also put you at risk for heart disease and stroke.Never drink a cola or soda.
- 4Many brands of flavored water and energy drinks actually contain quite a bit of sugar, as high as 50 grams, along with the vitamins, minerals and potassium that is supposed to be in this. Be aware of this before you purchase a drink to rehydrate yourself after a workout. You are better off drinking straight water instead.Avoid drinking energy drinks that are full of sugar.
- 5White flour is processed wheat with the germ, fiber, vitamins and antioxidants stripped away through the manufacturing process. White flour has no fiber, which slows down your digestion and makes your metabolism sluggish. Furthermore, the carbs in white bread turn immediately into sugar and raise your blood sugar, causing metabolic resistance and other problems.Avoid all foods with white flour.
- 6White rice is missing the grain and the hull and turns into sugar the minute the carbs in it hit your bloodstream. It is a very high glycemic food that overwhelms your pancreas and other organs to the extent that your metabolism can be stalled and weight gain is often the result.Don't eat white rice.
- 7Read labels to make sure that the water is infused with natural flavors rather than artificial ones.Avoid drinking flavored water that is flavored with artificial sweeteners, chemicals and additives.
Method 4: By Eating Foods That Speed Up Your Metabolism
You can reset your metabolism simply by eating foods that are known for encouraging your body to burn them as fuel rather than store them as fat. Eating these foods on a daily basis can help you reeve up your metabolism without dieting or limiting your calories.
- 1As long as they are organic and pesticide-free these fruits can help remove toxic metals from your system that can slow down your thyroid. Pears and apples also contain pectin, which helps flush toxic compounds that might be interfereing with your metabolism by flushing them out in your urine. To get the biggest metabolic boost from eating apples or pears, eat them with the peel on.Eat an organic apple or pear a day.
- 2Brazil nuts contain selenium, an essential mineral that converts T4 hormone in to active T3 and help you shed weight fast. Selenium also presents the inflammation of the thyroid glad that can help cause a sluggish metabolism. Brazil nuts are also rich in L-arginine, which helps eliminate belly fat.Eat a handful of Brazil nuts every day.
- 3Broccoli is high in fiber, vitamins C, K and A and iron. It teas a long time to digest, keeps you feeling full and helps your body fight off the inflammation and insulin resistance that causes weight gain.Eat cup or two of broccoli a day.
- 4Grapefruit is your best choice because it contains chromium, which is a nutrient that is known for regulating blood sugar disorders.Eat a cup of citrus fruit a day.
- 5These breads contain soluble fiber and indigestible fiber which helps clean you out give your stomach a flatter appearance and make you look slimmer.Eat whole grain breads that contain flax, wheat germ and other seeds.
- 6Beef that is grass fed is leaner and richer in protein than the fat and hormone-laden beef that is mass-marketed in grocery store. Grass-fed beef is free of hormones and antibiotics, preventing damage to the metabolic system through poisons and hormonal disrupting agents that cause obesity.Eat grass fed, organic beef.
- 7Doing this can cause a weight loss of two pounds a week, without any dieting. Green tea's combination of catching antioxidants and caffeine reset your metabolism by improving insulin resistance and as an added bonus; green tea drinkers often have smaller waists.Drink four cups of green tea a day.
- 8Oysters contain zinc, a mineral that is critical to the health of the thyroid and a healthy endocrine system. Consuming just six, a day can show improvements in blood cholesterol levels.Eat oysters whenever possible.
- 9The sweating that can occur alter eating Jalapeno, habanero, cayenne and other forms of hot peppers is proof that your metabolic rate has risen. Eating hot peppers can rev up your metabolism to 25% for nearly three hours after you eat them.Eat hot peppers, which temporarily increase your blood circulation and metabolic rate.
- 1Seaweed is a healthy source of iodine which revs up your metabolism by nourishing the thyroid. Seaweed also contains a compound called alginate which can suppress the absorption of fats.Eat a half a cup or more of seaweed salad a day.
- 2Distilled water is the purest form of water and guaranteed not to contain sodium, chemicals or other pollutants.Get in the habit of drinking vapor-distilled water rather than spring water.
Method 5: By Making Diet and Lifestyle Changes
You can reset your metabolism simply by making a few changes to your daily diet and rearranging your lifestyle to accommodate the following steps.
- 1Soup can help rev up your metabolism if it contains healthy fats, not too much salt, a protein and metabolism boosting ingredients like gluten-free carbs, calcium-rich bone broth and lots of vegetables. A good example of a metabolism boosting soup would be a chicken soup made with bone broth, vegetables, whole grain rice, garlic, onions and lots of herbs. As a cup to two cups of soup is only 300 to 400 calories, it can help eliminate the calories that you would have eaten if you had eaten a whole meal, maybe even up to 1200 calorie if the soup is replacing a supper.Eating soup in place of a full meal.
- 2Eating the entire egg helps stoke your metabolism with essential fatty acids and choline, which prevents your body from storing fat in your liver. A fatty liver is a major cause of a slow metabolism.Eat the entire egg instead of just the egg white.
- 3These are foods provide very little nutritional value and contain fat, sugar and refined ingredients like flour, all of which cause weight gain.Make it a rule to stay away from empty calorie foods, such as candies, donuts, cookies and cakes.
- 4Cornstarch turns immediately into sugar in your body and escalates insulin resistance. Corn starch causes weight gain, inflammation and water retention, especially in hormonal women going through menopause.Avoid eating any foods that contain starch, especially cornstarch.
- 5Low-fat milk has more calcium, which helps your body metabolize fat more efficiently.Drink full-fat milk instead of low-fat milk to boost your metabolism.
- 6Even working out for as little as seven minutes a day can help boost your metabolism, however I your metabolism is already damaged by insulin resistance it may require more of a workout, up to twenty minutes a day to get the weight off
- 7The caffeine in this type of enema does not act on your nervous system, but it does cleanse your digestive system, making your overall metabolism more efficient.Getting a coffee colonic from a licensed therapist may boost your metabolic rate.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Before starting any diet that premises to reset your metabolism be sure, to check with your physician to make sure that limiting your calories and food choices is an appropriate option for your particular situation
- Do not confuse good fats with bad fats as many foods contain both. Omega 6 fat is the bad fats (found in margarine, butter an fried food) and Omega 3 is the good fats (found in avocados, olive oil and nuts.)
- Exercising alone will not do much to improve your metabolism unless you make an effort to eat correctly as well by eating metabolism boosting foods
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna