Lose Weight by Eating Tacos
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma
It is possible to lose weight by eating tacos as long as you eat tacos that are 200 calories or less and eat one or two of them to replace your lunch or dinner. This meal replacement strategy can result in a deficit of enough calories to trigger a healthy two pounds of weight loss a week.
The way to lose weight by eating tacos is to always keep the size of your corn tortilla at six inches and to make sure that the combination of fillings that you use to fill them amount to being less than 130 calories.
Here ten tasty gourmet ideas for taco fillings, that along with the 70 calories in a corn tortilla amount to being less than 200 calories per taco.
- 1Fill a six-inch corn tortilla with a tablespoon of roasted hot Poblano peppers, a tablespoon of diced tomato, a tablespoon of feta cheese and an easy over eggs. The eggs and feta cheese are a good source of protein and the hot peppers boost your circulation and metabolism. You can also add a tablespoon of diced avocado to this taco to add essential fatty acids that also provoke faster weight loss.Make An Egg, Feta Cheese, and Hot Pepper Breakfast Sandwich.Advertisement
- 2Fill a six-inch corn tortilla with two tablespoons of feta cheese, a quarter cup of black beans, a half a cup of minced sautéed zucchini, two tablespoons of charred corn and one tablespoon of fresh salsa. The black beans and vegetables in this nutritious weight loss taco are very high in fiber, helping to regulate your blood sugar and eliminate fat and waste from your digestive system.Make A Black Bean, Corn and Zucchini Taco.Advertisement
- 3Fry a cubed chicken breast in a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of black cumin. Transfer the chicken to a warmed six-inch tortilla and top with fresh chopped cilantro. The chicken is an excellent source of protein and both cumin and cilantro are spices that are known to burn the fat and boost the metabolism.Make a Grilled Chicken, Cumin, and Cilantro Taco.
- 4Inside of a corn tortilla, combine a tablespoon of chopped red onion, a chopped hot pepper and a cup of raw steak. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of fresh lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Topped with coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley if you do not like the taste of cilantro.) Serve warmed or cold with a teaspoon of sour cream if you wish. The steak is a lean source of protein and B vitamins that promote quick weight loss. The hot pepper is a fat-burner that also boosts the metabolism.Make a Grilled Flank Steak, Hot Pepper, and Cilantro Taco.
- 5Combine grilled shrimp (preferably grilled with salt, pepper and lime juice) with two tablespoons of pico de gallo and ¼ cup of shredded red cabbage inside of a six-inch tortilla. The shrimp is a low-fat source of protein and minerals that nourish the thyroid. The cabbage helps balance gut bacteria and is a great source of fiber. The spies in the pico de gallo help to burn away fat deposits.Make a Grilled Shrimp, Red Cabbage and Pico De Gallo Taco.
- 6Lay out a six-inch corn tortilla. Top with light sour cream, a tablespoon o Monterey Jack cheese, a quarter cup of shredded lettuce and two ounces of seasoned lean ground beef. This is a Taco that is very filling and high in protein. The dairy products in this diet taco are very high in butyrate, a substance that keeps you in a good mood as you diet. The lettuce is a hydrating source of minerals that boost your metabolism by supporting the function of the thyroid.Make a Ground Beef, Sour Cream, and Monterey Jack Cheese Taco.
- 7Combine two ounces of steamed lobster with ¼ cup of sliced green cabbage on top of a flattened six-inch corn tortilla. Top with two tablespoons of fresh tomato salsa and two tablespoons of Monterey Jack cheese and fold it over. You can also warm the taco under the broiler for two minutes until the cheese is melted or let it sit in the microwave for about thirty seconds. The cheese and lobster provide protein and a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals that help to promote weight loss. The sliced green cabbage contains sulfur compounds that help balance out gut bacteria and makes it healthier and it is high in Vitamin A, which helps to support the liver.Make a Lobster, Cabbage, and Monterey Cheese Taco.
- 8Fry a pound of extra, lean ground beef with a cup of diced onion, two tablespoons of garlic, a package of low sodium Taco seasoning and 2/3 of a cup of water. When cooked ladle the hot sauce into a six-inch corn tortilla. Top with two tablespoons of grated old cheddar cheese, a bit of lettuce and tablespoon of topped fresh tomatoes. The beef supplies protein to keep you going all day long and the cheddar cheese contains butyrate, an ingredient that helps keep dieters in a goo mood despite their calorie deprivation.Make a Mexican Beef, Tomato, And Cheddar Taco.
- 9Fill a six-inch corn tortilla with two ounces of grilled mahi-mahi fish, a tablespoon of diced red onion and two tablespoons of finely diced mango. Top this with two tablespoons of mashed avocado and season lightly with salt and pepper. The fish is a great low-fat source of protein and the mango is an excellent source of Vitamin A, which helps to support the function of the liver.Make a Mahi Mahi, Mango and Red Onion Taco.
- 10In a slow cooker, combine one pound of raw pork loin, one can of sliced jalapenos, a cup of salsa verde, two chopped shallots, two tablespoons of fresh lime juice, and a teaspoon of cumin. Cook on high for four hours and then shred the pork, being sure to drain any visible fat. Top the mixture with a ¼ cup of thinly sliced red radishes, and ¼ cup of diced fresh pineapple, fold it up and eat. Both radishes and pineapples are potent anti-inflammatory agents that help reduce bloating and joint soreness. The jalapenos and the cumin are known fat-burners that boost the metabolism and increase the circulation, thus triggering quick weight loss.Make a Slow-Cooker Shredded Pork, Pineapple and Radish Taco.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Warming the corn tortillas in the oven or for a few seconds in a frying pan can enhance the taste of the diet gourmet taco
- If you do not like the taste of cilantro, you can substitute parsley instead
- If you cannot tolerate corn tortillas, then you can use whole-wheat tortillas
- Some tortilla brands also contain flax seeds, which adds more fiber and healthy essential oils to the mix
- If you enjoy sour cream on your tacos, you can easily substitute plain Greek yogurt, which is often higher in protein and lower in fat
- When shopping for tortillas read labels to make sure there are no chemicals, additives or sugars in them
- When buying cheese make sure that you are purchasing low-fat, low-sodium types
- Don't be tempted to replace your homemade taco with one from a fast food place as there will be full of saturated fat and you will not lose weight
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna