Lose Weight by Eating Cranberries On the Cranberry Fast Weight Loss Diet vs As A Fruit Puree That Promotes Weight Loss
Edited by Donna, Eng, Anonymous
Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Eating Cranberries
Cranberries are an anti-inflammatory fruit that is rich in antioxidants and they help you lose weight because:
- Just one cup of unsweetened cranberries contains about 40 calories and if you sweeten them with Stevia in The Raw, Truvia or Zing sugar substitutes then you truly are eating a diet food that really packs a lot of taste and health benefits without causing weight gain
- Cranberries are an exceptionally low glycemic food, meaning that any sugars in the fruit are broken down very slowly so that your system is never overloaded with a sugar rush that could turn into fat or cause blood sugar swings
- Cranberries are one of the few vegan sources of Vitamin E, which combined with the high Vitamin K and Vitamin C content in them helps to fight the type of cardiovascular and organ inflammation that causes weight gain, obesity and Type II diabetes.
- They are strong defenders of the immune system, which helps the body fight off the type of inflammation that causes heart disease and Type II diabetes more readily
- Cranberries are very high manganese, copper and pantothenic acid, which serve to nourish the pituitary gland that governs the pancreas and the rest of the endocrine system
- Cranberries are very rich in an incredible number of phytonutrients including phenolic acids, proanthocyanidins, anthocyanins, flavonoids and triterpenoids, all of which assist with reversing inflammation of the cardiovascular system and blood sugar issues that cause metabolic disorders and weight gain
- Cranberries reduce chronic inflammation of the stomach and intestines and help dispose of fat that gathers around the midriff due to a bad diet, lack of exercise, disease or aging
- Cranberries are a diuretic food that is very cleansing for the liver and kidneys and helps detoxify your entire urinary and cardiovascular system so that it works more efficiently, thus allowing rapid weight loss and improving the ability to exercise
- The healing constituents in cranberries help clean out the arteries, prevent plaque formation and improve blood flow in general
- Cranberry is high in fiber and helps lower total cholesterol while at the same time raising good cholesterol in our blood
- They contain reservertrol, an antioxidant that is associated with weight loss and better cardiovascular health
- Cranberries are naturally anti-bacterial and kill off fungi and yeasts that can stall digestion and cause bloating and weight gain
Method 1: On the Cranberry Fast Weight Loss Diet
You can lose ten pounds if you follow this cranberry fast weight loss diet for seven days. The goal is to reduce your every day calorie count by at least 1000 calories so that you can lose pounds and inches quickly. This is a crash diet that is not healthy to stay on for more than a week or else you will start experiencing such side effects as nausea, headaches, weakness and painful muscle cramps. You will be using fresh cranberries in this recipe and not commercially sweetened juices, like Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice cocktail so that you can take advantage of the fiber and sugar-free status of the raw, uncooked and unsweetened berry.
- 1Buy two to three 8-ounce packages of frozen cranberries, which should be enough berries to last you for a week.If fresh cranberries are available, that is even better. Keep one package of the frozen cranberries in the refrigerator so that they can thaw and keep others in the freezer to use in frozen drinks.Advertisement
- 2Make a few 8 ounce jars of cranberry puree to last you throughout the week.Unfortunately you will not be eating the cranberries cooked as that degrades their nutritional content and cranberries also do not have a lot of versatility when it comes to cooking them raw. For this reason you are going to create a simple puree by blending four cups of frozen or raw cranberries with a cup of Truvia or Stevia in the Raw and ¼ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice. Blend all of these ingredients together and store as a base to use in other recipes in the refrigerator.Advertisement
- 3Every day for breakfast eat one cup of raw pureed cranberries with one cup of cooked oatmeal sprinkled with one teaspoon of stevia and a splash of vanilla almond milk.The oatmeal morning helps provide you with additional fiber and B vitamins and the almond milk will provide the essential fatty acids that are needed to keep you healthy. If you can stand the bitter taste of raw cranberries, you can simply pop them whole into the porridge before cooking, if they are frozen or after cooking, if they are fresh berries.
- 9Make sure you drink at least eight eight-ounce glasses of spring or distilled water a day.This helps the cranberries flush out your system. If you get bored with plain water, you can mix some cranberry puree with soda water and lemon and drink that. However, make sure that the soda water you use is very low in sodium, or you could be sabotaging your weight gain.
- 10Exercise in a gentle, simple manner for at least one hour every day.As this is a calorie restricted crash diet you will not be able to run, job, lift weights, race, play vigorous games or do any circuit training. A one-hour swimming, biking or strolling session for every day of the seven days can help stimulate your liver and kidney to excrete toxins and your pancreas to produce insulin normally. Avoid physical stress because while you are on this diet, you are not eating enough calories to fuel a workout.
- 12At the end of the thirty days, ease yourself gently out of the no-carb zone by adding whole grains, cooked root vegetables, soups and meats to your diet.You want to increase your calorie intake to at least 1500 calories a day. Do your best to continue to stay away from cheese, bread, pasta, rice and potatoes, to ensure that your weight gain does not come creeping back.
Method 2: As A Fruit Puree That Promotes Weight Loss
Here are additional ways to include cranberry puree, that has been sweetened with Truvia or Stevia n the raw in your diet so that you can lose weight and inches, while at the same time toning and detoxifying all of the systems of your body.
- 2Spread stevia-sweetened cranberry puree or thawed whole cranberries on a raw celery stick covered with a half of tablespoon almond or cashew butter.This is a very nutritious low-fat snack that provides you with a bit of protein as well as the diuretic qualities of the celery. You can also use low-fat cream cheese or thick Greek yogurt.
- 4Replace a full meal, snack or a dessert with a low-calorie fat-burning cranberry and yogurt smoothie.Puree one cup of sweetened cranberry puree, half of cup of plain yogurt, half of a cup of crushed ice and a dash of cinnamon. Whirl all of these ingredients together in a blender until smooth and icy and serve chilled. For a bit of variety you can add a splash of concord grape juice or cherry juice to the blender.
- 5Make a creamy, cranberry, date, orange and banana smoothie.Blend tangerine segments from one tangerine, three dried sweet Medjool dates, half a cup of bananas and a half cup of frozen cranberries in a blender. If the smoothie tastes too tart, you can add a touch of honey, vanilla almond milk or a bit of Stevia to make it sweeter. You can also substitute blood oranges or tangerines for the oranges.This particular smoothie recipe is a bit richer than most, but still low in fat. It's main benefit is to relieve the constipation that can result when you're body is trying to lose weight or detoxify itself.
- 6Drink cranberry infused water instead of your usual beverages to give you a bit of energy during the day.Add a cup of frozen cranberries and lime slices to a pitcher of water full of ice and let it chill in the refrigerator for about two hours before serving. If you prefer a sweeter beverage add a bit of stevia, orange juice or pineapple juice to the water. You can also add a few leaves of sage, which add a sophisticated peppery flavor to the water. This delicious cold is a good way to get your part eight cups of water a day as well as get more anti-inflammatory Vitamin C into your diet.
- 7Drink iced tea made with fresh sweetened cranberry puree to help detoxify your liver and kidneys.Black teas are the best choice to go with cranberries. Simply brew four cups black tea and add it to a pitcher packed of ice cubes .Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberry puree and a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the mix. Mix it all together well with a long bar spoon and serve it with a few sprigs of sage, basil or mint. This tea is a strong diuretic that can help the cranberries flush fat from your system fast.
- 9Make a cranberry vinaigrette and white wine vinaigrette to drizzle over your salads.Add ½ cup of cranberry puree, ½ cup of white wine, two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of thick balsamic vinegar to a jar and shake It well. Add a dash of lime juice and grated garlic and then shake it up along with a bit of salt and pepper until well mixed.
- 10Make a cranberry and orange relish and serve it as a side dish with main entrees or as a dip for tortilla chips.Combine minced a quarter cup of red onion, a tablespoon of minced garlic mince hot red and yellow peppers (any kind) , a cup of unsweetened cranberry puree, a half-cup of Truvia or Stevia in the Raw and blend it all together in a blender. This fat free, infection-fighting cranberry relish goes very well with roast pork or roast turkey. It can also be used as a dip for celery sticks or other vegetables.
- 11Make a cranberry sorbet to for a refreshing snack or to enjoy as a dessert.Blend together four cups cranberries with ¼ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, one cup of Stevia in the Raw or Truvia and freshly grated orange peel Mix everything together and then pour it into a a tray and freeze in the fridge for at least four hours. When the mixture is firm, scoop it out with an ice cream scoop into a dessert bowl.
- 12For a low-fat alcoholic cocktail, make a diet version of the traditional Bellini cocktail called a Cranberry Bellini.Pour two ounces of cranberry puree into the bottom of a tall narrow champagne glass. Add 1 ounce of vodka and three ounces of sparkling white wine or champagne and garnish with whole frozen cranberries.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Cranberries are always available frozen but if you want to use fresh fruit then you will have to wait until the fall when they are available for sale at markets between Labor Day and Halloween
- Drinking fresh cranberry can help cure candida yeast infections, especially if they are located in the lower urinary tract
- Never use canned cranberries in syrup in any of these recipes as the cranberries are packed in chemical preservatives and sugary syrups
- Buy organic cranberries whenever possible to reduce your exposure to pesticides and fruit contaminated with fertilizers
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna