Lose Weight Forever
Edited by Donna, Anonymous, Eng
It's one thing to lose weight, but quite another thing to keep it off for good. Good sources of dietary fiber that you should have every day include whole grain cereals and breads, any type of berry, apples, kiwis, popcorn, nuts, brown rice, baked potato with skin and all kinds of vegetables.
Steps You Should Take to Make Sure You Will Never Suffer From Rebound Weight Gain
- 1Drink at least ten glasses of water a day, but do not eat too much sodium during the day as you do this or your result will be weight gain.Drinking at least ten glasses of water a day helps flush your system and also keeps your endocrine system in good working order. However, if you consume a lot of high sodium foods or salty treats with it you risk suffering from bloat.Advertisement
- 2Drink only tea or coffee, either hot or cold and stay away from juices, colas and all diet drinks.Juices and colas are too sweet and cause metabolic issues that can trigger your body to turn the sugar into fat. This is very hard on the pancreas and liver and can lead to obesity. The artificial sweeteners in diet drinks cause bloating and are considered to be hormone disruptive that interfere with the regular actions of the metabolism. A benefit of drinking coffee or tea, especially in the morning, is that it jump-starts your metabolism.Advertisement
- 3Eliminate all artificial sweeteners from your diet and substitute Stevia, Truvia, Xylitol, honey or molasses instead.Never consume Sucralose (Splenda), Saccharin (SugarTwin, Sweet'N'Low), Aspartame (Equal, Nutrasweet), Acesulfame potassium (Sunett, Sweet One), Neotame and Advantame. Artificial sweeteners are hormone disruptive and they may cause bloating, weight gain and eventual irreversible obesity.
- 4Buy certified organic greens for your salads and garnishes, especially when you are buying lettuce.Produce is often sprayed with a fungicide called Triflumizole. This toxin disrupts the action of hormones necessary for the efficient operation of the metabolism and causes creeping and permanent weight gain and eventual obesity.
- 5Do not buy grocery produce that is known to be contaminated with pesticides and insecticides and try to buy only organic locally grown produce that is fresh from the farm.If you must buy fruit in the grocery store stay away from peaches, apples, grapes, nectarines, strawberries and grapes. If you must buy vegetables in a grocery store stay way from cherry tomatoes, snap peas, potatoes, hot peppers, cucumbers, spinach and celery, as they are the produce items most likely to be contaminated with insecticides and pesticides.
- 6If you eat beef, buy only organic grass-fed beef.Otherwise, you are eating meat that has been raised with antibiotics and hormones. These hormones throw the metabolism of humans off and cause weight gain.
- 7Make sure that you are eating at least thirty grams of fiber a day.Fiber helps slowly down the way fats and sugars impact your bloodstream and helps to prevent starches from turning into fat. Make sure any bread or crackers that you consume are made from whole grains.
- 8Eat a diet that is very low in carbohydrates to keep your blood level sugars in check.A rule of thumb that works for this is to avoid all white foods such as pasta, white bread, white rice and potatoes. To avoid weight gain, eat foods that are plant based and low in carbohydrates such as organic vegetable and fruits.
- 9Eliminate sugar from your daily diet and try not to eat foods that have more than 12 mg of sugar unless it is fresh organic fruit.Read all labels and stay away from any ingredient that ends with the suffix "ose" such as sucrose, glucose or fruitcose. Eating sugar damages your insulin receptors over the long term, which in turn causes insulin resistance and weight gain that can no longer be reversed.
- 10Stop salting your food.Do not use salt substitutes, which although salt-free, also tend to be very high in sodium. Eating too much salt can cause havoc with your kidneys and also cause liver damage. It also causes bloating, especially around the midriff.
- 11Stop consuming hidden sodium in your food by reading ingredient labels.Sodium causes water retention and sabotages the endocrine system's ability to flush fat out of tissues. Be aware that salt also masquerades under baking soda, baking powder, monosodium glutamate (Message), disodium phosphate or NA.
- 12Include potassium- rich foods in your diet as this encourages the body to eliminate sodium and bloating.Foods that help rebalance your body's potassium and sodium levels include cantaloupe, dandelions, nettles, bananas, beans, squash, spinach, lentils, papaya, cantaloupe and raisins.
- 13Be sure to eat a diet that contains healthy fats.The fats found in eggs, lean meat, chicken, fish, nuts, peanut butter, olive oil, canola oil and avocadoes help your body metabolize proteins and prevent the sugars in carbohydrates from causing the insulin reactions that cause rebound weight gain. Avoid foods that are unhealthy fats such as bacon fat, saturated fat, meat fats, butter, margarine, mayonnaise and creamy sauces and dressings.
- 14Be sure to eat a lot of leafy greens every day such as spinach, kale and arugula.These greens are very rich in magnesium and help lower blood sugar and insulin levels.
- 15Eat a larger, nutritionally well-balanced breakfast every day that includes grains, protein, a diary or nut milk or nuts and fruit or juice.One of the worst things you can do is skip breakfast because it creates cravings for foods later in the day. The fact that skipping meals creates feelings of starvation can also cause cravings, carbs, or a desire to satiate you with binge eating. The reason this happens is because starving yourself causes your body to produce elevated levels of the ghrelin, the hormone responsible for triggering hunger.
- 16Eat a very small sweet treat just after breakfast or mid-morning on your coffee break.This can help prevent cravings and binge eating later on in the day when your metabolism is a bit slower. Good choices include treats that have a lower sugar content such as an oatmeal cookie, a shortbread cookie, a yeast-risen doughnut with a glaze, carrot cake, zucchini cake or chocolate cake made with avocado. If possible, choose treats made with organic ingredients and that do not have sugar listed as the first ingredient on the nutrition label.
- 17Before eating a meal, fill up first by eating a cup of warm soup.This helps you feel full and prevents you from eating too much at lunch or dinner. Choose a high fiber soup such as squash, carrot or sweet potato. A cup of soup is also a good choice for a snack.
- 18Eat or drink two to four servings of organic dairy products a day to ensure that you get at least 12,000 mg of calcium in your diet.The butyrate in low-fat dairy products helps keep weight off. However, do not practice this step if you are lactose intolerant or buy lactose-free dairy products. Aside from dairy products, calcium can also be found in oysters, mussels, green beans, tofu, almonds, bok choy, broccoli, legumes and sardines.
- 19Do not buy any product that contains lists emulsifier as an ingredient, These are made from binding agents that are chemicals and they are found in mayonnaise, salad dressings and powdered mixers and sauces.Emulsifiers are also used to improve the texture of all kinds of packaged goods.
- 20Avoid drinking plastic containers that domain Biphenyl-A (BPA).It is now well known that BPA disrupts pancreatic function and causes the insulin resistance that leads to obesity. This kind of plastic is found in water bottles, plastic storage containers and all kinds of bags.
- 21Take 400 grams of NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine acid three times a day with a meal.This supplement helps your body produce a substance called Glutathione which helps repair damaged insulin receptors from previous episodes of weight gain. Glutathione also helps remove hormonally disruptive toxins from the blood that could be affecting the way your body deals with sugar and starches.
- 22Eat a half a cup of Japanese seaweed a day.Seaweed contains minerals that help keep your thyroid and pituitary gland and thus keep your metabolism in good shape. Seaweed also contains probiotics that help keep your guts healthy
- 23Snack on nuts and seeds in the shell.Pistachios, peanuts and sunflower seeds in the shell take longer to eat and help prevent mindless binge eating, because they force you to slow down. Nuts and seeds are also a high protein snack that has a great deal of fiber and protein.
- 24Pair fruit with a protein to enjoy a highly nutritious low-calorie, low glycemic snack.This is filling and can help fuel you through a busy afternoon and satisfy hunger with only 200 or so calories. A cup of skim milk with an apple or two ounces of cheddar with a pear are good examples of such a pairing. Another good example would be avocado with cottage cheese or strawberries with yogurt.
- 25Avoid drinking beer and wine.A single serving of beer or wine is usually 125 calories or more, which quickly adds calories to a daily diet. Alcohol also stimulates the appetite, making you crave snacks, especially ones high in sodium, which may cause bloating and weight gain.
- 26Stay away from fad diets.If you gain a few pounds, do not try to compensate for them with a fad diet that involves calorie deprivation or eating a single food for days. Instead, find a way to increase a calorie deficit in your daily routine of at least 500 calories. You can do this by exercising more or eliminating a food that causes weight gain.
- 27Never order anything at a restaurant with "the works." Instead, practice minimizing the calories, sodium and fat in a fast food or restaurant meal by subtracting the top bun of a hamburger, only having one condiment or asking for the meal with no cheese or sauce.
- 28Be aware that there are many different ways to lose calories such as doing housework, taking the stairs instead of the elevator and biking, instead of walking to work.Housecleaning, washing the car and window-shopping can also be ways to take off the inches and pounds.
- 29Perform your heaviest exercise in the morning instead of in the afternoon or at night.This helps bring you into a calorie deficit at the beginning of the day. Your body will already be burning calories for you even before you begin to eat breakfast and put you ahead of the game in terms of calorie expenditure for the rest of the day.
- 30Practice interval and strength training at least three times as week for at least twenty minutes per session.The mild weight lifting and resistance training involved with this type of exercise helps to build lean muscle, which in turn helps burn off fat. Practicing this often helps your body burn calories, even when it is at rest.
- 31Take a walk, swim or run every day for at least two hours every day.Aerobic exercise in fresh air helps to burn off calories because it increases your metabolic rate and keeps your body in motion.
- 32Get at least eight hours of sleep a night and be sure to go to bed and get up at the same time every day.This helps your body get the rest it needs to reset your metabolism for the next day so that it works efficiently.
- 33Listen to your body and take a nap if you need it.Fatigue can make you feel hungry and like you need to fuel your energy levels, when really what you need is a rest. People who are tired also tend to do more binges eating than those that do not because it makes them feel more alert and awake. Sugar binges are often triggered by extreme fatigue.
- 34Eat only when you are hungry.If you are at a party do not feel that you have to sample every snack. The same goes for when you are at restaurant. You do not have to order an entrée when all you feel like is an appetizer.
- 35Make your meals ahead and store them in the refrigerator or freezer.This way you always have a healthy diet-friendly meal on hand to eat and you are not tempted to order out or eat out because you are too tired to cook.
- 36Avoid situations that might encourage mindless snacking.This includes activities like being on social media all day or watching television in bed, while eating. The more your mind is capture by something else, the more like you are to eat without really noting how much you are eating and this adds a lot of calories to your daily diet.
- 37Weigh yourself every day.Being mindful of your weight by noting that this daily can help you stay on track and avoid pounds and inches from sneaking up on you. It is a lot easier to note and lose two pounds now then it will be to lose ten pounds a month from now. Keep your eyes on the scale and write down your progress from day to day. If day-to-day weighing does not suit you then weigh yourself at least once a week on an accurate scale.
- 38Hang out with kindred spirits who are also interested in staying healthy and stay away from negative people with no interest in your personal goals.Positive reinforcement of your lifestyle also means being encouraged and supported by a close circle of friends that are also interested in maintaining a lower weight.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Avoid baked goods with visible crystal or icing sugar sprinkled on top as is sometimes found on top of donuts and cakes to avoid the kind of glycemic reactions that can cause weight
- Bran cereal is an especially good source of fiber
- Choose brown, red, wild or black rice instead of white or pink rice to make sure hat you are getting a great deal of fiber
- Although popcorn is a great source of fiber, stay away from microwave popcorn as the Teflon coating inside of the bag contains toxins that cause hormonal disruptions and consequent weight gain
- If you are woman, taking 400 IUs of Evening Primrose oil every day can help prevent rebound weight gain due to hormonal issues such as perimenopause or menopause
- If you are diabetic or suffer from metabolic resistance, eat cauliflower instead of white potatoes with skin as a source of fiber to prevent spikes in blood sugar and weight gain
- You do not always have to buy organic fruit as there are some that are raised without pesticides and sold in grocery stores including avocados, mangos, papayas, kiwi, cantaloupe, kiwi and honey dew melons.
- You do not always have to buy organic vegetables, as there are some that are grown without pesticides and these include sweet corn, cabbage, sweet peas, onions, asparagus, eggplant and cauliflower.
- If you suffer from inflammation and also have weight gain then you may benefit from eating in a vegan manner to help you lose weight as meat causes inflammation
- If you must have wine with meals, drink 1/3 of what you usually would and realize that many wineglasses are much larger than they need to be, holding three glasses of wine, which is almost 400 calories, whereas the normal portion for a glass of wine with dinner should only be about 125 calories
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Donna