Learn what NOT to write about on this site
Edited by Lynn, Eng, Rob, Doug Collins
All authors please be respectful of our guidelines when choosing your wiki topics. We do not allow wikis on the topics listed below EVEN IF THEY ARE INTENDED TO HELP SOMEONE. The reason is that if you write on a topic to help someone get off drugs, through experience we have learned it will encourage people to write other drug related wikis, which inevitably lead to undesirable content which is not beneficial to hurtful. One example we had: ASPIRIN -> PAIN KILLERS -> SUICIDE HELP (GOOD) -> SUICIDE METHODS (BAD) -> PEOPLE ADVISING ONE ANOTHER ON HOW TO KILL THEMSELVES (VERY BAD)
TOPICS TO AVOID
- Wikis that help people do unethical/hurtful things.
- Pornography, adult or mature content
- Violent content
- Content related to racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organisation
- Profanity/swearing - no F bombs please!
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Beer or hard alcohol
- Tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Prescription drugs
- Weapons or ammunition (e.g. firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Replicas or imitations of designer or other goods
- Distribution of coursework or student essays
- Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Not Sure? -- If you have any doubts if your wiki might fall into one of these categories contact one of our admins and we will advise you on the specific wiki topic in question.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.