Learn the Different Shades of Colors
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Lynn, Reema, SOFIA and 2 others
The world is filled with magnificent colors. Each color is brought to life by pigments and light. To appreciate it, you have to pay attention to them as they unfold in front of your eyes. People grow up learning about colors, but even if they do, there is still some confusion on some aspects such as shades. If you're not a painter or someone who works with colors, you probably don't have a clear idea as to what shades of colors are, or how they exist. It is important to know various color properties such as shades, so that you can properly identify the exact type of color you encounter.
Importance of Color Shades
If you want to add more shadow and drama to any surface or object, you have to know everything about shades. The shade of any particular color pertains to the level of dark that a color could be. Shade of a color is the result of combining black and a hue. Shades of various colors are much richer and deeper. If you want a room to be cozier and more relaxing, you need to have shades of the hues that you like. This can be done to a bedroom of someone who needs to sleep more and has problems with insomnia. Shades of color absorb light, making the room seem smaller. It makes you feel like it's giving you a huge hug.
Learning about the Different Shades of Colors
To start knowing about the different shades of colors, you have to prepare yourself to go back to the basics. Below are some of the tips you could consider to understand shades more:
- 1Know the basic colors first.Advertisement
- 2Understand the various color attributes.Advertisement
- 3Get your coloring materials and practice mixing colors from primary to tertiary. You can use watercolors, poster colors, oil colors, and oil pastels to make any shade of color that you want.Try playing with coloring materials.
- 5You can also learn about shades by making flashcards out of them. You can ask someone to hold them up for you as you identify each.Make flashcards out of the combinations you made.
- 6The ultimate product out of learning about shades is making your own project. You could try to paint a room from a shade of any color you want or make a painting out of the shades of colors that you already know.Create your own shade masterpiece.
- When using liquid colors, add black little by little so that you can get shades gradually and appreciate their diverse levels.
- Apply the washing technique when using solid oil pastels. This allows you to blend in the black color smoothly into the original hue that you choose.
Questions and Answers
Why is knowing different shades of color important?
Knowing the difference in shades of color is important because of a lot of things of your regular life. It is important for daily things such as cooking, dressing, driving, eating etc. You need to be able to mix and match your dresses so that you don't go out there looking like a clown. For that to happen, you need to know one color from the other. You need to make out signs of different colours while driving. You will also need to figure out if the eatable is o.k. and fresh. These are only a few reasons why it is important to know different shades of color.
Provide me with different color shades in a printable or audio form?
Pink, red yellow, blue, brown etc
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Communications & Education
Recent edits by: Eng, SOFIA, Reema