Learn English Phrases for the Hotel Industry
Edited by Hotelier, Crystal, Eng, Alexander Avdeev
Promote & Book Rooms
Hello, and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today we will have a hospitality English lesson on selling the hotel room. In order to make an offer of hotel rooms, we first need to determine what the guests needs are, which we'll discuss in another tutorial.
- 1The service standards for luxury 4- and 5-star properties were meant to offer two different types of hotel rooms: A higher priced room as well as a lower priced option. Both may meet their needs. We can make that offer by saying "We have a (type of room) available". We should insert the type of room that we have available. It may be as simple as single, double or triple. For instance, "We have a triple room available". Or, it may be with other categories such as classic, standard, deluxe, or junior suite. So, we may be saying "We have a standard room available" or "We have a junior suite available".To sell a hotel room, we can start to provide the explanation by offering the types of rooms.Advertisement
- 3We can also add any other features that may be good selling points for this room. We also need to state the price. If we're selling two types of rooms, we could say "We have a junior suite available with a king size bed and a pullout sofa. It's $250 per night plus tax. We also have a standard room available with two double beds. That room costs $150 a night plus tax."We can then explain some other features to the guest such as "The room also has (a) pull out sofa, separate seating area, kitchenette, or bathtub".
- 4If we don't get an immediate reaction from the guest like "oh my, I really want this junior suite", we can lead them and ask, "Can I reserve one of these rooms for you today?" That will give us a very clear indication of whether we should proceed to book the reservation or whether the guest is simply getting information and may call back at a later time in order to secure the room.Once we have explained both of the room types, we want to close the sale.
- 5If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.This concludes the tutorial on hospitality English about selling a hotel room.
Video: Learn English Phrases for the Hotel Industry Promote & Book Rooms
Make Restaurant Recommendations
Hello! Thank you for watching VisiHow! Today, we'll be discussing some English hospitality phrases for making restaurant recommendations. If you are working in the concierge department at a reception, as a barman, or even a doorman, you may find yourself asked to provide a recommendation to one of your hotel guests. There are some phrases in order for you to learn how to provide a recommendation correctly.
- 2We can start to learn a little about the kinds of food that our guests would like to have."What kind of cuisine do you want to have?" Alternatively, it can be "What kind of cuisine would you like to have?" This can help us to narrow down the options if we are living in a large city or in an area that has many different types of cuisine.
- 3We need to determine the type of environment our guests would like to have. It can be something very formal, very quiet, or a little lively and noisy. This may help us narrow down some of the options within the same category of cuisine types.Next, "What kind of environment do you like?" Our guests may want a steak house, and we may have a choice of several steak houses to which we can send them.
- 4This can help us determine, first of all, what the guests have already liked, which may help us narrow down our choice of recommendations even further.Next, "Where have you already been?" If the guests stay with us for a few days, they probably have gone to a few places to eat; so, we may want to make sure that we are providing them a recommendation for a place that's new and interesting for them.
- 5Therefore, we may find ourselves asking that. We do not want to suggest something to our guests that will absolutely go through their entire budget, which can be very inconvenient for them. While this question is a little uncomfortable, it can help us provide a correctly and appropriately priced restaurant for our guests that will still meet their needs. It is very important for a lot of people.The next question that is "Do you have a price range?" This question may be a bit uncomfortable, but sometimes it is asked if we cannot get any definite answer from the persons.
- 10It may be a good idea to let them know about this place. You can say, "This place is really popular among locals." That can be an excellent idea and a good selling point for a restaurant as well.We can also say, "It is very popular." If our guests want to go to some place that is lively, noisy, and fun, where a lot of local people like to go.Advertisement
This does conclude our tutorial on English hospitality phrases for making restaurant recommendations. These are just a few phrases that you may find yourself using when you are making a restaurant reservation for your hotel guests. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.
Video: Learn English Phrases for the Hotel Industry Make Restaurant Recommendations
Categories : Hospitality Industry
Recent edits by: Eng, Crystal, Hotelier