Launch Google Now Using Your Voice on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Anonymous, Eng, Dougie and 2 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
- 2 How Does Google Now Work?
- 3 Launch Google Now Using Your Voice
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
Samsung has taken advantage of the Android's power, when they introduced S Voice. S Voice allows you to give your phone specific commands to follow. This brilliant idea has made using Android devices different from other smart phones. Realizing the popularity and effectiveness of S Voice, Google has upped the ante and made a "Virtual Assistant" out of your phone under the application, "Google Now". Aside from the usual type-keywords-and-search functions, Google Now allows you to search for keywords using your voice. The application also allows you to give voice commands to your phone, in the same way S Voice does. This allows you to take control of your phone with minimal touches.
How Does Google Now Work?
Google Now works by going to the application and tapping on the microphone to allow voice commands. When you tap on the microphone and issue Get to Google Now on the Samsung Galaxy S4 and your device should respond accordingly. What you might not know is there is a way to use Google Now completely "hands-free". You can simply say "OK Google" and your phone will interpret it the same way as when you tap the microphone icon on Google Now. This way, you can continue with your tasks without even touching your phone.
Launch Google Now Using Your Voice
To launch Google Now using your voice, you need to open Google Now on your phone first. From there, enable "Hotword" detection under "Settings", in order for your phone to recognize the command, "OK Google". These next two sections will help you launch Google Now on your device - using your voice.
Open Google Now
Before you go to settings, you need to open Google Now first. Follow these steps to get to Google Now:
- 5You have just learned how to open Google Now.
Enable Hotword ("OK Google") To Launch Google Now
Once you are on the Google Now application, you can set it up to recognize the Hot Word, "OK Google". This Hot Word allows the phone to recognize the command as the triggering words for Google Now usage. To enable Hotword, follow these steps:
- 7You are done launching "Google Now" using your voice on Note3.
Disable Hotword ("OK Google") to Launch Google Now
If you aren't interested in using "S Voice", or "Google Now", having these functions won't be necessary. Turning off the feature when not in use can save life on your battery. To disable Hotword detection, follow these steps:
- 4Remove the check mark on the box to the right of "Hotword Detection" option.Now the trigger words "OK Google", will not activate Google Now. If Hotword detection is turned off, you need to tap on the microphone icon again to give commands.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
My Google voice says offline. How do I turn it back on?
My Google voice says offline. How do I turn it back on? I have tried: Nothing. I don't know where to go. I think it was caused by: No idea. I didn't turn off.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Grant Baker, Dougie, Eng