Know why the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is considered one of the best phones in 2013
Edited by Maria
For many, the Samsung Galaxy Note3 is considered one of the best phones in 2013. It has a great feel, and it's longer and slimmer than the Note2, with more power. It has even better features than its predecessor, jammed into this small "smartphone/Tablet", AKA phablet mobile device. The Note3 comes at a high price, but if you can buy one, it is well worth the money. In the United States, expect to pay around $300 on contract, while in the United Kingdom the plan will be about £47 monthly for the free device. Here are some of the many reasons it will be considered one of the best mobile devices for 2013.
The Galaxy Note3 is a dazzler. Among new features are a 13-megapixel camera with a better flash than the Note2, and an S Pen with lots of uses. This is the first handheld smartphone to pack 3 GB of random access memory (RAM) for easy multi-tasking. The screen is bigger, too, with a 5.7-inch display, and an impressive 1080p HD display. You will likely also be pleased with its efficiency on applications. It possesses a high-performing quad core microprocessor that makes the speed and multi-tasking even better. It is great for your business and home as well. In business you can be even more productive with this Mighty Mouse of a smartphone and Tablet rolled into one. If you are involved in any form of design, an avid gamer, or one who is into visual entertainment, you will be very pleased with its performance.
The Galaxy Note3 has 4G, which yields even faster transmission of data than the speedy 3G. It also has NFC, or Near Field Communication, which has all these benefits:
- 1Quick Start ManualAdvertisement
- 2Secure payments over the internet due to its identification protectionAdvertisement
- 3Electronic wallet
- 4Automatic Bluetooth connection with other Bluetooth devices
- 5Better sharing of photos and videos at social networking sites
- 6Ideal for multi-player games.
- 7Wall charger
- 8Extra S Pen tips
- 9Dimensions - 5.7"
- 10Resolution �" 1080 X 1920 HD, 386 ppi pixel density
- 11Display technology �" Super AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode), which translates in English to larger pixels and brighter colors on a thinner layer of screen
- 12Touchscreen - Multi-touch, ultra-sensitive light sensor and proximity sensor
- 13Battery �" 3200mAh, which is 100mAh higher capacity than the Note2.The Note3 has a longer battery life than the Note2 for still another reason. It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon system chip that keeps the Note3 connected nearly 30 percent longer.
- 14Graphics processor �" Adreno 330
- 15Memory �" Actual 3072 MB of random access memory , or RAM
- 16CPU �" Quad-core, Krait 400 and 2300MHz
- 17Storage �" 32 GB, with storage expansion:microSHDC up to maximum 64 GB
- 1High resolution 13 megapixelsAdvertisement
- 2Flash is LED
- 3Camera Features:Illuminated popup back sensor (BSI), touch-to-focus, face detection, smile detection, ISO control, exposure compensator, digital image stabilizer, burst mode, white balance presets, geo tagging, digital zoom, panorama, scenes, high dynamic range mode, effects, self-timer.
- 4Camcorder - 60fps, 1080p HD
- Digital image stabilizer
- Continuous autofocus
- Camcorder Features: Autofocus continual, digital image stabilizer, with a 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- 5Multimedia Music Player
- Filtering by: Playlists, artists, and album
- Background playback
- Album art cover
- 6Speakers:Loudspeaker and stereo headphones
- 7YouTube Player
- 8Navigation is GPS and "turn-by-turn".
The Galaxy Note3 S Pen
The new Galaxy Note3 S pen is improved with the addition of Air Command, an application with a "fan dock" array that opens up with your S Pen for quick access to several options: A Scrapbook, S Finder, Screen Write, Action Memo, Pen Window, and S Note. You can pair the S Note to exchange photos and files with your PC. Just hold the S Pen slightly above the surface to draw.
With the Scrapbook, you can just sketch a circle around a photo that you want to save and place it in another location. With Action Memo you can jot down a phone number, and it will actually call that number automatically. With S Finder you can find any item on your Galaxy Note3. With Pen Window, you can sketch a square around an app icon to access it.
The Samsung Galaxy Note3 is more intuitive than many mobile devices. You can easily share S Notes with other mobile devices or computers. If you have one app open, you can keep it open while you select a couple more apps on the home screen. All you have to do is simply draw a square around them.
The Samsung Galaxy Note3 Design
Here are several reasons that its design makes the Galaxy Note3 one of the best phones of 2013:
- 1Samsung deserves credit for its entire Note line.This smart phone/Tablet, or phablet design was innovational a few years ago, and set the standard for the entire industry because of its global popularity. Now, with its slimmer, lighter build, and slightly larger 5.7" diagonal screen, other companies will probably follow once again.
- 2All keys can be easily used with the touchscreen application when not using the handy S Pen.You can even wear gloves and these buttons will function. The screen adjusts automatically to your touch, so there is no need for adjustment.
- 3You will have to hold the Galaxy Note3 carefully if you use one hand, but that is understandable since it is also a Tablet.It is a compensation, though, with its easy navigation. You have the option to make the keyboard smaller, and/or shift it from side to side if you need to text with one hand.
- 4The notebook-like stitched-looking faux leather back is a bold step since no other mobile device has ever deviated from the metal appearance.It actually has a comfortable soft texture even though it is composed of plastic. This back is removable as usual. Inside are the 3200mAH replaceable battery with the microSD and SIM slots.
- 5Colors for the exterior will be the standard black or white, as well as a pleasing pink.There will be many colors also available for protective S View cases.
The Samsung Galaxy Note3 Display
- 1The resolution is excellent on the bigger 5.7" screen with its 1080 X 1920ppi density.All characters and icons have a sharp, crisp edge. Amazingly, this is true even when you zoom in.
- 2Colors are bright due to the AMOLED technology.You can opt for one of several color settings, and can select more natural hues if you want the colors more realistic. The colors in each of the several modes will adjust automatically.
- 3If you are outdoors, the screen is still legible because of the AMOLED technology.There is surprisingly little reflection to obstruct your visibility. The Samsung engineers designed the Note3 with extremely low reflecting if you are in direct sunlight. Even when looking at the screen from various angles the colors hold true with no distortion of images.Advertisement
It is no wonder that loyal Galaxy users and critics alike are saying the Samsung Galaxy Note3 is considered one of the best phones in 2013. Despite the steep price, it comes with many easy-to-use functions that set it ahead of the phablet industry once again. It will be interesting to see what changes the competition will make to keep pace. Perhaps the days of all-metal looking smart phones around the world are over.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.