Know when it's time to get a divorce
Edited by Innocent Yogo, Lynn, Eng
Research shows that the rate of divorce has currently increased all over the world with very few marriages working properly. Those who are not yet married want to get in while those who are already married wants to get out through divorce. Those who are married will tell you how it can be very hard sometimes to put up with your partner especially when the two of you don't love one another anymore. Is is right to part ways if you cannot stay together as a married couple? The law in almost all nations gives room for divorce so that you don't remain tied together to a partner that you no longer consider to be part of you. Now when is the right time to get a divorce? This article gives you a guideline on the right time to file for a divorce if you cannot continue in marriage
When should you get a divorce?
When is the right time to start filing for a divorce? You are tired of that marriage and you are not sure whether you are making the right step at the right time. The following are signs to let you know that it is time to get divorce especially if you have been contemplating on the same.
- 1When both of you have already lost respect for each other - When it reaches a point where your spouse doesn't respect you at all and you have also lost respect for him or her then this is a clear sign that you cannot be together anymore.The more you continue enduring the marriage, the more you'll be depressed and hurt yourself.Advertisement
- 2when you fantasize being alone most of the time - may be you have become so tired of being with your partner that you have started fantasizing how life would be wonderful without him or her.At this point, you don't feel scared when you think about losing him or her and getting a divorce. This is an indication that you are ready to start filing for divorce and to even be alone thereafter without any problemAdvertisement
- 3When both of you are unable to resolve your conflicts - If you've had several problems but you cannot resolve them even after visiting a counselor for advice then may be you were never meant for each other and you need to get a way forward.If even a slight mistake by your partner irritates you so much and you cannot afford to forgive and he or she is also not remorseful then both of you may not be able to be together any longer. You therefore need to file for a divorce to end the marriage that has proved not to work.
- 4When both of you cannot satisfy each others needs - When your partner feels that you cannot satisfy his or her needs any more and you also have the same feeling then there is no need of continuing to live together as a married couple.If your sexual, physical, emotional, spiritual and financial needs are not satisfied then you may be forced to look for an alternative.
- 5When you have separated for sometime to try and save your marriage in vain - If you realized that you have problems and you've already tried to separate several times but when you come back together, it still cannot work then it is better to end the marriage by divorce.This is an indication that the time has come for it to end completely and you can get to another relationship after some time.
- 6When your spouse is continually unfaithful and you cannot tolerate it anymore- When your partner is unfaithful and you have completely lost trust in him or her then you cannot continue forcing yourself to love him or her.Unfaithfulness is one of the major causes of divorce especially when the unfaithful partner is not remorseful and unwilling to change.
- 7When your spouse's characters that used to thrill you are now irritating you - There are some traits that you used to admire in your spouse.If they are no longer appealing to you then you should be asking yourself if you really married the right partner or it was just infatuation.
The major causes of divorce in marriages
Have you been contemplating between divorce and saving your marriage? If you are caught in the middle wondering why you really need a divorce then you should learn the causes of divorce. What is it that is costing you your marriage? Some people especially Christians believe that marriages are meant to last forever till death do you part. Now that you have already made up your mind, what triggered this situation? These are some major causes of divorce
- 1Lack of communication between the partnersAdvertisement
- 2Lack of time together as a couple to enjoy each others company
- 3When you got married for a wrong reason for instance if you just wanted the financial benefits from your partner
- 4Being over-independent even after marriage due to identity problems making both of you to drift apart
- 5Inability to resolve conflicts and ignoring most issues that are affecting your marriage
- 6Change of sex life, lack of intimacy and loss of love for one another
- 7When the partners' expectations are not met in marriage after some time and they feel disappointed
- 8When partners have lost their roles in marriages hence blame game that cannot be resolvedAdvertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- You cannot continue being married when both of you don't respect each other
- Every aspect of life has challenges, learn to face your marriage challenges and move on
- Not every marriage is meant to last forever. If it cannot work and its going to cost your life then you need to quit
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.