Know the difference between Samsung Tabs vs Notes
Edited by Mark Joel Cristobal, Lynn, Eng, Maria and 15 others
Tablet and Note are two of the more popular gadgets nowadays, and both gadgets are made using high-end technology software and hardware, designed to meet the basic needs of everyone and make the users' everyday lives easier. We cannot deny the fact that tablets, Notes, and smartphones are now basic necessities to communicate with one another via network and the internet. Of course, although they are similar, there are many difference between Samsung Tabs and Notes.
- 1 Differences Between Tabs and Notes
- 2 Feature Differences between Samsung Galaxy Tabs and Samsung Galaxy Notes
- 3 Basic Specification Differences
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 What is the difference between Tablet & Note?
- 4.2 What is the difference between Tabs and Notes? Which one will be more useful to carry out our jobs?
- 4.3 What is the difference between a Smart Phone, a Note and Tablet?
- 4.4 I want to purchase a Tab or Note for my wife as a present. She is not too concerned with films or games, but would use WiFi for email and some photography.
- 4.5 Sir, should I buy a Note or laptop?
- 4.6 Which is best for a 9 year old to play with?
- 4.7 Right now - no question, BUT THIS is an AWESOME SITE Thank you!
- 4.8 I am looking for a tablet to do power point presentations for clients. I'm trying to figure out the differences between the Tab pros and the Note.
- 4.9 I am trying to decide which Samsung Tab to buy.
- 4.10 Which Tablet should I buy, my budget in 7500 INR?
- 4.11 Comparing Galaxy Note 10.1 to GT-N8020 to Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210?
- 5 Comments
Differences Between Tabs and Notes
- 1Hardware and Customized Firmware.Advertisement
- 1Tabs do not include a stylus.Samsung Galaxy Notes has the stylus, which Samsung calls the S-pen.
- 2Samsung Galaxy Tabs are made for portability of functional entertainment, while Samsung Galaxy Notes are made for the portability of communication, advanced entertainment and advanced functionality.
- 3Samsung Galaxy Tabs have limited features that will fit in every job, while Samsung Galaxy Notes have advanced features of portability to every job.
Feature Differences between Samsung Galaxy Tabs and Samsung Galaxy Notes
- 1Samsung Galaxy Notes has a better screen, which is the Amoled and the Super Amoled.Advertisement
- 2Samsung Galaxy Notes are equipped with better hardware specifications and powerful software features.
- 3Samsung Galaxy Notes have better camera quality.
- 4Samsung Galaxy Notes have better video quality.
- 5Samsung Galaxy Notes are capable of advanced multi-windows performance for doing multiple tasks at the same time.
Value - Added Features
- 1Samsung Touchwiz/Samsung Live Panel UX.
- 2S Memo/S Planner/S Choice (Apps for Galaxy Note).
- 3Samsung Apps.
- 4Samsung Kies 2.0/Samsung Kies Air.
- 5Users can enjoy all the benefits of Samsung Hubs, including new versions of Reader Hub, Video Hub, Music Hub and, for the first time for Galaxy Note users, Learning Hub.Upgraded Samsung Hubs:
- 6New Samsung Gallery
- 7Gmail™, Google Talk™,Google™ Mobile Services:
- 8Google Search™, YouTube™, Android™ Market,
- 9Google Maps™ with Google Places™ and Google- Latitude™
- 10A-GPS, Glonass
- 1Samsung Galaxy Tabs are also capable also of multi-windows, but it isn't the same as the multi-windows on Notes.
- 2Samsung Galaxy Tabs has a feature of being a Universal Remote.
Value - Added Features
- 1Samsung Touchwiz.
- 2Samsung Apps.
- 3Samsung Kies 2.0.
- 4Samsung Hubs.
- 5Live Panel.
- 6Gmail™, Google Talk™.Google™ Mobile Services:
- 7Google Search™, YouTube™, Android™ Market.
- 8Google Maps™ with Google Places™ and Google- Latitude™.
- 9A-GPS, Glonass.
Basic Specification Differences
- 1Latest Notes has already Quadcore CPU.CPU:Advertisement
- 2Latest Notes has already 4GB of RAM.RAM:
- 3Higher resolution and the classification of screen is Amoled and Super Amoled with Gorilla Glass 2.Main Display Technology:
- 4has an advance camera quality up to 16Mpxl.Camera:
- 5Up to 3000Mah (depends on the version).Battery:
- 1Latest Samsung Galaxy Tabs has already Dual Core CPU.CPU:
- 2Latest Samsung Galaxy Tabs has 1GB of RAM.RAM:
- 3WXGA TFT.Main Display Technology:
- 43.0 Mpxl.Camera:
- 5Up to 7000Mah (depends on the size of screen).Battery:Advertisement
Questions and Answers
What is the difference between Tablet & Note?
I would like to buy good tab, but I just want to know about the comparison of Tab and Note
There are a lot of differences between a Tablet and a Note. The problem I'm going to have helping you, is there are a number of different tablets available. I can help you with information regarding the main differences between the two different devices:
-The Note is actually a phone that needs to be connected to a service in order for you to be able to make calls on the device. The note is a phone first then an Android device unlike a Tablet which is not used mainly as a phone.
-The Note has a smaller screen than all tablets, but as the Note is a phone, the screens are bigger than the usual phone screen.
-The Tablet will normally need to be connected to WiFi in order for it to work correctly, unlike a Note, which has a mobile network option as it is a phone.
The above are the biggest differences between the Tablet and note. Just understand you will be buying the Note for use as a phone, as it's used as a phone first and foremost.
Depending on the type of Tablet, it will usually work faster than the Note, but without knowing the specific Tablet, it's not possible for me to give you any more specific information.
What is the difference between Tabs and Notes? Which one will be more useful to carry out our jobs?
Which one, Tab or Note is more useful to perform our job. Which company should I prefer while buying the useful one. Kindly revert
If your employees will use the device for editing documents then the Tab would be a better choice because of the larger screen. As for where to purchase the tablets, online companies like Tiger Direct and NewEgg or Best Buy are reliable merchants to purchase from. If you would like to purchase from a physical location then use a store that is national as opposed to a small boutique store if you are worried about purchasing a clone.
See more questions like this: Difference between a Tab, a Note and a mobile
What is the difference between a Smart Phone, a Note and Tablet?
My question is what is the difference between a Smart Phone, a Note, and Tablet? I know they have some same specifics but little bit different between height and length. Now I want to know, Sir, what is main difference and why are they called Tablet, Smart Phone, and Note etc. Can you explain it to me?
Besides the obvious size difference, Notes and Tablets have a faster processing system and storage capacity. That being said, Motorola's X-Play is a smartphone with large screen, excellent processing system and the ability for mass storage on a smartphone. The X-Play does not have the built-in stylus pen like Notes do, though.
I want to purchase a Tab or Note for my wife as a present. She is not too concerned with films or games, but would use WiFi for email and some photography.
Around 8" in size to carry in her handbag.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Sir, should I buy a Note or laptop?
Sir, I am a student so I have to read pdf files, access online classes & movies too. I have to buy a new gadget, so should I buy a Samsung Galaxy Note2 or the new arrival of Micromax Canvas laptop which seems very cheap for a student. Please advise.
As a student, you should only buy laptops and notebooks. Tablets or notes are limited in usage and are considered useless in many spheres of our lives. They are mostly for viewing content not creating. Therefore, always choose a notebook or laptop over touch-screen devices. For best display results, pick a notebook or laptop that has no touch-screen function too (unfortunately, Micromax Canvas has it). You most likely will need to type, create PDF files, work on online classes, and produce work (create), which are the functions of computers, not smartphones or tablets. I would suggest Acer Aspire ES1-131-C1NL 11.6" or Hewlett-Packard 255 G4 15.6" (a bigger display) for studying. They are usually priced at the Micromax' level.
Which is best for a 9 year old to play with?
He'll probably use it for movies, YouTube, games, learning apps maybe
As a parent myself, our children have tablets. Notes are set up to make phone calls and send regular SMS so personally, I would not allow my child to have one of those. Look into YouTube Kids. It is a great app that restricts adult content.
Right now - no question, BUT THIS is an AWESOME SITE Thank you!
Going to keep reading to research a tablet purchase. Afraid to try iPad, they seem intimidating so going to stick with Android based
Something to keep in mind between iOS and Android is that there are more apps for free in Android OS tablets. Apple makes a great product but you would feel slightly restricted in your app choices if you are used to Android devices. There are numerous Android choices out there. We have Samsung tablets in our household and are pleased with their performance after cycling through the cheaper tablet options. Before Samsung we were replacing tablets every year or so for our children because they would break down easily.
I am looking for a tablet to do power point presentations for clients. I'm trying to figure out the differences between the Tab pros and the Note.
Does the Note allow you to sign a document legally. Can either device be used in conjunction with a Samsung smart TV? Does the Note need to be on a phone contract or can it function through WiFi? I haven't tried either. I was actually going to go with a Microsoft surface pro, but don't want to spend that much money without seeing it in action first. Therefore I've decided to try the Samsung tablet.
The Note works as a phone with a contract but any smartphone with WiFi can be used with no contract. If you only want to use the device for presentations then go with a tablet. You can sign legal documents on a Note because of the stylus pen but those can be purchased for any touchscreen device. The Note is good if you are planning on using it for your business phone and presentations. Then you are just bringing one device with you for several uses. Really though any good smartphone would work. There are Power Point apps available in Google Play but keep in mind that these presentations can use a lot of storage.
I am trying to decide which Samsung Tab to buy.
I would like a Tablet to read from my kindle store and occasionally watch movies, do a spreadsheet whilst traveling for work but also would like the obvious additions like a decent camera and syncing with my Samsung 5 phone. Thinking of the Tab 4 or Tab E
Both of those Samsung tablets have a good camera. The best decision maker would be to go to a store where you could use a test tablet to take images and decide which one is better for you. The Samsung Tab S2 has one of the crispest image capabilities so consider this one as well when comparing.
Which Tablet should I buy, my budget in 7500 INR?
Which Tablet should I buy, my budget in 7500 INR. I have tried: HCL ME Connect V3 Tablet Lenovo A7-30 Tablet, Micromax Funbook P365 Tablet. I think it was caused by: ?
With that budget, you could get a refurbished Samsung Tablet from an online retailer or a new Micromax or Lenovo. Micromax and Lenovo make decent tablets for their price points and are fairly equal to performance.
Comparing Galaxy Note 10.1 to GT-N8020 to Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210?
Not sure which is the best machine for me, I am a home user and basically will only use the tablet when away from the desktop PC, just unsure how much to bid, not sure which tablet is better
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Alan Rosario, VisiHow, Nuance