Know the Cause and Ease Morning Sickness
Edited by Debbie, Innocent Yogo, Reema, Ermin and 1 other
You just got home from the doctor's office, and can't wait to share the good news with your husband and family. You are having a baby! Many couples are certainly elated with joy about the happy prospect of being new parents. However, while mommy is getting ready preparing for her new son or daughter, this can be a difficult stage of the pregnancy for her as well. She is now adding excess weight to that once shapely figure. It's not so easy to bend down and tie those shoes anymore!
She is also possibly experiencing an upset stomach every morning she awakens, and often throughout the day. Why does a woman feel this way? Well, it's called morning sickness. Between 70 and 80 percent of pregnant women suffer from morning sickness, according to the Sun Herald newspaper of Australia. When the newly pregnant women get up in the morning, they may suffer from nausea, often accompanied by vomiting. Among the suspected causes of this condition is a rise in the level of hormone progesterone during pregnancy, which can produce excess stomach acids. Also, an enhanced sense of smell can make pregnant women prone to queasiness.
Although there is no universal cure for morning sickness, the reporters recommend avoiding warm places (since heat can bring on nausea), taking naps and getting ample sleep, and smelling a cut lemon. What are some other ways you can ease morning sickness? Read the information below:
Causes of Morning Sickness
Before learning about homemade remedies for morning sickness, you should first know about the causes of it. These things can trigger nausea and make you want to vomit. It is better to avoid these culprits beforehand, so that you will feel better throughout your pregnancy.
- 1Feeling nauseated during pregnancy can be an abnormal response to stress. Your body is adapting to temporary changes in your body. That is why feeling dizzy and wanting to vomit are normal. However, these symptoms can get worse if you are careless while being pregnant. Do not get stressed out as this can cause you to feel nauseated.Stress.Advertisement
- 2Like mentioned above, as a pregnant woman, you will feel a stomach upset from time to time, as your baby grows inside you. This is proven in the early stages of pregnancy. Pregnant women will experience gastrointestinal issues because they become sensitive to the changes.An upset stomach.Advertisement
- 3The estrogen hormone can be the major source of nausea and dizzy feeling during pregnancy. A strong sense of smell occurs because of the high levels of estrogen in the body. However, this is normal, and you do not have to be worried.Estrogen.
- 4This is a hormone produced in the placenta that helps retain the corpus luteum during pregnancy. It is believed to be a prime suspect because of its right timing. Nausea occurs at the same time as levels of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). Women who carry multiples are prone to higher levels of hCG, so they are thought to experience higher rates of vomiting and nausea.Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG).
- 5One study discovered that women who felt severe nausea and vomiting were 50 percent more likely to be carrying a baby girl.You are carrying a baby girl.
The aforementioned are the common causes of morning sickness. With all the unwanted signs and symptoms, the most important thing you should learn is that they do not affect your baby's well-being. It is just a normal response to the temporary changes in your body. As the baby starts to grow bigger, you will no longer feel severe nausea and vomiting.
Homemade Remedies for Morning Sickness:
It is quite difficult for women to undergo stages of pregnancy. Signs and symptoms can be felt and are bothersome. However, you can reduce these unwanted symptoms by preparing some homemade remedies for morning sickness.