Know if a Guy Already Has a Girlfriend
Edited by Robbi, Eng, Lynn, Marian Raquel F. Roncesvalles and 2 others
Figuring out whether a guy has a girlfriend without letting him know that's what you're trying to do can be tricky. If a guy is a "player", he wouldn't want to be outsmarted by his own game. Some guys are pretty astute at keeping illicit affairs secret, while others find pleasure in bragging about their game. You wouldn't want to get entangled with a person whose "game" cruel, and he is obviously manipulative and conceited. Knowing if a guy already has a girlfriend, or several girlfriends, is definitely one of the first things you must be certain of before entering into a new relationship.
It's also obviously something you may want to do before getting seriously involved with anyone. After all, you wouldn't want to be the third wheel or the spare tire so-to-speak. No woman would ever want to share her man with another let alone become romantically involved with a guy that is already taken - that would be awkward, not to mention depressing and pathetic.
Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to check to see if a guy has a girlfriend or not before allowing him further into your life.
Find Out if a Guy Already Has a Girlfriend
Look Him Up Online
If there is one thing beneficial about the modern virtual framework, that would be the speedy and easy way of doing things and finding people. Searching a guy online definitely is step one of the master plan. One of the first and most direct things you can do to see whether a guy has a girlfriend is just by putting his name into Google or other search engines and see what comes up. All of the information you need will be lined up in a roster of search results depending on the specific keywords used. You can also check social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter for information about him and his whereabouts and social connections.
Be careful about some sites though that might inform people you're searching for them. So if you're logged in at that time, you must be wary of these things if you don't want him to discover that you are playing detective to get information regarding his personal matters. Social media sites like Facebook will often provide the social status of members and you can check right then and there to see if it says "Single", "In a Relationship", "It's Complicated", or "Married"; among others. If Facebook indicated that he is "Single" then that is a good sign that he may not really have a girlfriend and is free to become involved with anyone. However, this does not guarantee he is single. There are some privacy options on social media sites that can be customized which allow certain posts or information to be kept hidden from some people. The truth is - people lie.
Observe How He Relates To Girls
Watch carefully how he interacts with other girls. For example, is he often flirty with girls in general? Do girls flirt with him?
- 1If a girl approaches him and obviously toys with him, does he get awkward and uncomfortable, or does he enjoy the attention? If he welcomes the gesture, and gets involved with the whole flirting game, he doesn't think much of you, and it's "all about him". There is a reason women flirt with certain men, and it isn't because they are so good looking. It's because they are open to it, and women know that either by past experience with this man, or instinct. When a girl flirts with a man, there should be a huge difference between the reaction of a man who is single, and a man who is supposedly with a man. A man who is in a relationship but still puffs up and flirts back, isn't worth your time. This guy will hop into bed with another women just to boost his ego.Girls flirt with him.Advertisement
- 2If he's flirty with other women - making physical contact with other girls often, this is also a sign that he is free and open to mingling and dating. However, there are always exceptions to the rule as some guys are just naturally more physically affectionate than others. You can casually ask around in cliques as most men have a robust reputation of either being "just friendly" or being a "multitasking player", but don't excuse any behaviour that makes you uncomfortable.He flirts with girls.Advertisement
Become His Friend
- 1This is the best way to know what is in between his ears or what no good he might be up, is to be his pal.Try to be friends with him before beginning a relationship with him.
- 2You can chat him up this way and see what he is really like before giving away how you really feel.Get into his social circle and you will automatically be in the loop of his whereabouts and activities.
- 3If he does have a girlfriend, he will likely mention it at some point or another.The more you interact with him as a friend, the more opportunities you'll have to see whether he has a girlfriend or not; and if he is in fact boyfriend material.
- 4In fact, Who knows, he may even ask you out first before you even tell him that you like him.
- 5Being friends with someone, regardless of your sex or theirs, is a really good way to being a relationship. It really cuts down on dating mistakes.Friendship is the foundation of a healthy relationship.
- 7If he has a girlfriend, they will most likely mention it at some point. You can direct the conversation strategically in that direction to get the information you need, possibly by starting to talk about someone else's love life in the group, and then gradually easing the conversation towards the guy you are interested in.This is a good way to get more information about him without giving away anything.
- 8You can tell them of your current status or even past flames to make them feel comfortable about the whole thing. Talking about relationships or dating is a sure-fire way to win new friends, especially if you do it over pizza and some drinks.The best way to get people to open up and trust you with their private issues is by initiating the conversation regarding relationships.
- 9You do not only get chunks of information about the guy you are interested in but also attract more friends in the process.The only way to get the truth from people is to convey genuineness.
- 10Through conversations, you will also know more than whether or not he's in a relationship.
- 11Talk To Him Directly.
- 12Use humor or something you both have in common as an icebreaker. Talk about weather, sports, or different hobbies.Start the conversations with light and impersonal topics.
- 13It's to your advantage to know details of his favorite sport or team(if he plays basketball or football), pastime or any cause or organization that he supports.Know about him.
- 14If you can, you might be interested in getting involved with similar activities or even joining one of his organizations.Does he like dogs or does he support a particular group for a cause.
- 15Openly discuss past relationships (without bitterness), if you want to know about his past relationships. Talk about expectations, and what each of you requires in a relationship - including rules and personal views. If you do this, he may become more likely to talk to you about his own relationships.If you want to know about him, you have to let him know about you.
- 16Choose a nice café or pub to have your conversation in. Things are always smother over a cup of coffee or your favorite card game.Add a little ambiance.
- 17Watch out if he always steers the conversation away from this topic or whether he seems jealous when you talk about other guys you've dated.Changing the subject.
He Probably Has a Girlfriend If...
- 1He doesn't give you his cell number.
- 2He won't Skype or facetime with you.
- 3He's only available at certain times.
- 4He never introduces you as his girlfriend, but uses "friend" to describe you.
- 5You're reading this article.Advertisement
All that being said, who knows, the attraction might have been mutual all along, and you will live happily ever after.
Categories : Dating
Recent edits by: Nuance, Marian Raquel F. Roncesvalles, Lynn