Know He Is Just Not That Into You Online
Edited by Donna, Maria, Eng
Signs That Your Online Date May Not Go Well
Many women meet men online every year, either through social media or dating site and then they wonder why the date when goes so badly when the two of you do finally meet each other. It is at that point that you might be wishing that you had not ignored the following warning signs:
- 1The online suitor who keeps putting off a real-life encounter is more than likely lying to you about something big, like the truth about his appearance or the fact that he is married. There are also many men cruising for online entertainment on the internet that suffers from social and sexual anxiety. They prefer to have online relationships that go nowhere because they are simple and do not require real commitment.Every time you try to schedule a date with him, he cancels.Advertisement
- 2He might send you a message to inform you that he is doing you some kind of favor by agreeing to have a date with you. If he is displaying this type of attitude before you meet, it is a warning that you are dealing with a narcissist or a player who may hurt you or abandon you.He acts arrogant and like he is God's gift to you.Advertisement
- 3This means he may have been just entertaining himself by chatting with you online and is not really attracted to you. He is asking for the additional photos because he wants to evaluate you physically and see if you want to go out on a date with him at all.He asks you to send him additional photos of yourself.
- 4Even though he has insisted to you that he does want the date, this may be his way of telling you that he was just leading you on to entertain himself, and not really into you.He unfriends, blocks you, or simply disappears from being online before the date.
- 5This is his way of keeping you in the online realm without having to actually meet you or put any effort into trying to create a real relationship with you.He tells you that he considers his online flirting with you as being a practice for when he meets the girl he really wants to be with.
- 6This is a red flag because a need for secrecy can mean that he is trying to conceal your date from a girlfriend or a wife.He tells you that he wants to meet you in secret.
- 7This type of man is truly a player or a narcissist and may even be a sexual predator. A guarantee of sexual activity should never be a bargaining chip between you and prospective date and it should never give your date reason to withhold communication from you.He tells you that he will not meet you unless you can guarantee that the two of you will have sex that same day.
- 8This is also a sign that the man is a player, and probably only after sex with you. A man worth considering a relationship with will at least have coffee or a dinner with you before he suggests this type of thing.He will only agree to meet you in a hotel room.
- 9If he asks you to meet him at a seedy establishment where the main point is to score drugs or drink large amounts of alcohol all night it could be that he has an addiction problem. It could also indicate a person that does not value your personal safety because he is suggesting you meet at a place that is too rough and beneath you. If he also asking you to keep your meeting very secret and tell nobody about where you are going, it is time to abort the date and get rid of him as an online contact. This is because sexual predators often insist on meeting women in secret and in out-of-the-way places. This is a not a person who is into you. It is a person who really wants to hurt you.He asks you to meet him in a really shady part of town at a dive bar.
- 10This is the sign of someone who is too broke to date anyone or of a man that is stingy or mean spirited.He asks if you are going to pay your way or even both of your ways while you are on the date.
Signs That Your Online Date Is Not That Into You
Once you have agreed to meet your date, many different things can go wrong. If he says or does the following things, it means that he is just not that into you.
- 1There is no rejection in real life that is more clear-cut than this. It means that the image that he created in his mind of you is nowhere near the reality of who you truly are.He comes in the door, takes one look at you and turns around and leaves.Advertisement
- 2If he expresses a lot of disappointment because you do not look like the online picture that you posted as your profile, it is time to abort the meeting.He sits down with you and then declares out loud, that you are not the person he was expecting to meet.
- 3He may turn his body away from you or never meet your eyes. His face and voice may also seem devoid of expression. This is because he thinks that if he responds to you emotionally in any way that he might be leading you on to think that he is interested sexually. A man who is truly interested in you will make eye contact with you the entire time.He displays body language that conveys that he has no interest in you.
- 4This means that he has met you, does not like what he sees and is not going to engage with you in any way.He does not laugh at your jokes and engage in light-hearted banter with you like he does online.
- 5This indicates a man who is not attracted to you and therefore does not see the need to know anything about you or get involved in your life.He does not bother to ask you any questions.
- 6This means that he has agreed to have a friend call him and pretend that there is an emergency so he can get out of the date with you.You have been together about five minutes and he answers a phone call that is some kind of emergency.
- 7He might also take every text that he is sent, or even surf his Facebook feed, in order to avoid talking to you.He deliberately ignores you by taking calls on his cell phone and talking to other people.
- 8If the topic does not come up, it means that he does not intend to follow up with a second date.As the date comes to a close, he does not mention ever wanting to see you again.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Note that he may still be into you, but too busy to text you because he is studying for exams or has a part-time job
- Avoid future confusion and devastating episodes of reaction by making sure that the online photo of yourself is true to how you look in real life
- If he comes in the door, you take one look at him and realize that he looks nothing like his profile picture, or who he says he is, then you should leave
- Keep in mind that some men who say, "You look nothing like your photo.", may be about to say that you look better than your picture
- Note that some men who do not ask you question on a date, may only just be shy and not as disinterested in you as you think
Categories : Dating
Recent edits by: Maria, Donna