Keep the Hair Shiny and Healthy
Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Eng, Lynn, Graeme and 2 others
The hair is often considered to be a lady's crowning glory, so it is just right to give it good care and attention. The overall health of the hair starts from the inside. One indication that your hair is healthy is its gloss. Shiny hair is healthy hair, and it starts with a proper diet. Besides a proper diet, there are some other ways one can keep the hair shiny and healthy.
Steps on How To Keep Your Crowning Glory Shiny and Healthy
- 1This is actually so true. So if you notice that your hair is getting dry despite using expensive hair care products, it is high time to look at your diet. Some food that are good in promoting hair health are salmon, poultry products, lentils, sweet potatoes, walnuts, spinach, oysters, Greek yogurt, eggs and blueberries.Your hair is what you eat.Advertisement
- 2Everyday washing can strip off the natural oil that keeps the hair shiny. Unless you indulge in dirty jobs or have a very active lifestyle, DO NOT wash everyday. Two to three showers a day is definitely too much for the hair. If you really need to take a shower, then spare your hair if you want to keep it shiny.Wash the Hair Only When Needed.Advertisement
Remedies for Shiny and Healthy Hair You Can Find at Home
Who said that you need to spend too much for healthy hair?
Common Causes of Dry, Dull, and Weak Hair
- 1It is definitely worthwhile to be picky when buying and using shampoo or any other hair products for that matter. Not all are appropriate for your hair. If you use the wrong one that is not suitable to the quality of your hair, you can definitely end up with a dull and damaged hair. Spend time to read the labels and assess whether it would be something that your hair actually needs.Incorrect shampoo.Advertisement
- 2While blowdrying may be necessary for you to look presentable, keep in mind that it's not good in the long run. Therefore, reduce the use of blowdry to occasions in which you can't avoid such as when you are going for a meeting or attending an event. Otherwise, if you can afford it, just let your hair naturally dry up.Too much blowdrying.
- 4Keeping yourself hydrated all the time can definitely do wonders to your hair. Make sure that you take in at least 8 glasses of water each day.Dehydration.Advertisement
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Graeme, Lynn