Keep Your Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Always on
Edited by Train Wreck, Eng
The Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 is currently the best smart watch in the world. While some might debate the merits of that statement, the fact is, it's a waterproof smart watch that works better than any other smart watch on the market. However, if the watch does have a shortcoming, other than the relatively limited selection of apps available at launch, it's the fact that the watch face automatically turns off after a set period of time. This period of time is from 15 seconds to five minutes. However, there is a way to keep the watch face always on. In this case your Gear S2 will function more like a Pebble by always showing the time, although it does reduce usage from three to two days, depending on how heavily you use it.
Enable the Gear S2 Always On Function
- 1Press the home button or turn the dial of your Gear S2 to access the main screen.Advertisement
- 2Once the main screen is open swipe from the right of the screen to the left.Advertisement
- 3This will open the application shortcut menu.
- 4Find 'Settings', which is the gear shaped icon at the very bottom of the menu.
- 5Once you have tapped on the settings icon, you will see the 'Display' option.
- 6Tap once on 'Display'.
- 7Using your finger, scroll down through the options until you reach the one that reads 'Watch Always On'.
- 8You should see that there is a small white circle within a large gray circle to the right of the text.
- 9Tap one time on 'Watch Always On'.
- 10You will receive a pop-up menu letting you know that enabling 'Watch Always On' will significantly increase battery consumption.
- 11Tap the X on the left side to close this window and not turn on the function, or tap the checkbox to the right side of the watch once to enable the function.
- 12Tap the checkbox now.
- 13The 'Watch Always On' indicator will now show a green circle with a white bar instead of a gray circle with a white circle.
- 14Congratulations you have enabled the 'Watch Always On' function on your Gear S2.In order to turn the function off, simply repeat the steps in this guide.Advertisement
If you would like help with other functions on the Gear S2 smart watch, make sure to visit our other tutorials, where we show you how to do anything and everything on the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Train Wreck