Keep Your Laptop from Overheating
Edited by Vick Oluoch, Charmed, Eng, Doug Collins
This article will help you prevent your Laptop from overheating.
One of the most common complaints that you will get from many Laptop users is the overheating of their devices. However, you will be surprised to find out that the overheating of the Laptop is usually caused by the user.
There are a number of tactics that we can use to prevent our laptops from overheating. It is important to apply these tactics since overheating may lead to the damage of your computer hard disk.
- 1If this step is not taken, your computer might automatically shut itself. This may lead to the loss of unsaved work and may also lead to the damage of your computer hard disk.When you realize that your Laptop is overheating after a long use, it is important that you turn it off and give it about 50 minutes to rest.Advertisement
- 2This is another common cause of overheating. It is always important to unplug your Laptop from the power source once your battery is fully charged. You can also protect the battery power by removing the battery and charging your Laptop directly. This will prevent your Laptop from overheating as your computer will operate exclusively on your power source.Most of us will leave our laptops plugged on to the electric source even when our batteries are fully charged.Advertisement
- 3The main function of the vents in our computers is to let out the heated air out of our laptops. If the vents are blocked the heated air will be blown back to our laptops. This reduces the life span of our laptops and may also lead to the damage of our hard disk and processor. It is therefore important to make sure that the vents are free of dust.Our laptops get overheated when the airways or vents get blocked.
- 4It is important to note that when we hibernate our laptops or put them in sleep mode, the processor still actively operates. Since the processor produces heat to the system, heat will be generated which will be confined in the bag. This heat will cause the computer to overheat.It is always important to shut down our laptops first before putting them in our bags.
- 5Most laptops have their vents on the lower side. Whenever we do this, the blankets simply block the vents underneath our laptops. Moreover, since the mattress is soft, heat is not dissipated away, when this happens, it leads to the overheating of our laptops.Most people like using their laptops while lying on their beds.
- 6Some of these cooling mats include Targus, Thermaltalk and Xion. The cooling mat will prevent your Laptop from overheating.Last but not least, get a cooling mat for your Laptop.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Unplug your Laptop from the power source once your battery is fully charged
- Unblock the dust particles on your computer vent
- Avoid using your Laptop on your bed
- Shut down your Laptop before bagging it
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Hardware
Recent edits by: Eng, Charmed, Vick Oluoch