Keep WiFi Connection Active When HTC One M8 is in Sleep Mode
Edited by Thor, nitid, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video we are going to show you how you can turn On or Off the option to keep WiFi turned On when an HTC One M8 is asleep.
- 7Underneath this word there are the words "WIRELESS & NETWORKS." This is the section we want to be in because we want this option here.We can see it says "WiFi" located here. Press down on this section. It will take us to the WiFi menu. It doesn't matter if we are connected to WiFi right now if we are connected to WiFi network we can still edit these options. We are connected but if not, don't worry about it.
- 10We are looking for this option that says "Keep WiFi on during sleep." What it's got selected is "Always." "Always," whenever the HTC One M8 is asleep, the WiFi will still be connected.We will still be able to receive Notifications and we'll still have our apps working. But maybe we want to turn these off, especially if we aren't using the HTC One M8. We might want to save battery. But also we may just like to receive Notifications when we actually look at the phone and when we actually turn it on and activate it. Then we will receive our Notifications because WiFi will turn back on again. That means when the phone is asleep we won't be disturbed by Notifications. If we want to change this, just press down on this section.
- 11Now we have three options.We have "Always," which is currently selected. We can see the green circle that is selected on the right-hand side of the screen. The other options are "Only when plugged in," and "Never" and this "increases data usage." We can choose the option that's right. If we want to, just press down on any one of the sections.
- 14This then, concludes our tutorial on how to turn On or Off the option to keep the WiFi turned On when an HTC One M8 is asleep.If you have any questions or comments about this video or about the process that you've seen in this video, then please leave them in the comments section below and we shall answer them for you.Advertisement
Video: Keep WiFi Connection Active When HTC One M8 is in Sleep Mode
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: nitid, Thor