Edited by Anonymous, samannoy, Eng, Maria
Questions and Answers
It says error occurred during tethering?
How can I transfer data from PC to my phone?
Here are some solutions for the Sony Xperia "Error Occurred During Tethering" message: Solution 1:
- 1Go to Settings then More.
- 2Select Tethering and Portable Hotspot.
- 3Choose WiFi Hotspot Settings and set Discoverable Options.
- 1Set up the Hotspot Tethering.
- 2Restart your phone.
- 3You will see the message but turn the Hotspot On again.
- 4Tethering will work now.
- 1Check the APN Settings on your phone.
- 2If you see one with "dun" delete this as this is a Setting the phone will automatically pick and it is wrong.
- 3Look for APN Type "default,supl" as this is the correct APN type you will need.
- 4If you can't delete the "dun" APN then clear the field.
Other Troubleshooting Solutions:
- 1Make sure your Bluetooth is not enabled as this will interfere with tethering.
- 2Turn the WiFi OFF
- 3Go to Portable Hotspot Settings in the menu:
- Configure SSID with a password.
- Turn security on to WPA2PSK.
- Turn WPS Push button OFF.
- 4Try switching APN to "dun" if it is "default, supl" or just add "dun" to the string for default, supl.
This is an issue that frustrates many Xperia owners. If you are using the USB tethering and getting the error then run the Sony Companion Care software from your PC. Update all Sony drivers on your PC. Make sure your firewall is not blocking the access by adding Sony as an exception.
Categories : Sony
Recent edits by: Eng, samannoy, Anonymous