Instantly Upload Pictures and Videos Using Google+ on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous and 12 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Use Google+ to upload pictures and videos on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S4 to set profile photo
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 Lost pictures in Gallery file "auto back up"?
- 4.2 G Photos on S4 not working
- 4.3 I'm under Google plus but the page is different than displayed I'm trying to locate my profile picture to change it?
- 4.4 Trying to upload pictures from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my Mac and was trying to use Google plus. I cannot seem to find an easy way to upload photos since I got this phone and this mac. I read Google + was the way to go, however, in going through the steps on my phone, I reach a screen that allows backup of existing pictures but no instant upload option appears. What am I doing wrong?
- 4.5 Can I move pictures from Google + to my Galaxy S4?
- 4.6 Hi, I want to delete photos from my phone to clear up memory but when I delete them they delete from my Google+ photos. How can I delete pictures from just my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4?
- 4.7 How to put Lock file in SD card on Samsung S4?
- 4.8 My phone screen is frozen...trying to see if I can back up my photos before I reset my phone?
- 4.9 I cannot connect to my computer with my Samsung S4?
- 4.10 I would like to delete 2 pics from my auto back file. I do not want to delete them all, how do I do this?
- 4.11 How to restore backed up pics from Google + to camera Gallery?
- 4.12 I am at a library wanting to apply for a job. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and want to know how to send the photos on my phone to my email address. However, I am not sure I can do this as this is public library computer and not my own?
- 4.13 Hello, I need help with S4. Can you help?
- 4.14 My phone is running out of storage space?
- 5 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
You can use your Samsung Galaxy S4 to instantly upload photos and videos to Google+. Follow the procedures below to learn how to do it.
Use Google+ to upload pictures and videos on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 4You will be taken to the "Your contacts" page, where you will be have the option to add your Google+ connection details (phone numbers, profile photos, emails, etc.) to the contacts on your S4.You can also opt to allow Google to make suggestions based on your usage history of the application. Tap "Next" when you are done.
- 8Once you tap on the "Menu" button, you will see the following options below.For purposes of continuing with the tutorial, tap on the "Settings" option. All options and their functions are detailed below:
- Send feedback - Tapping on this option will allow you to send feedback to the developers about the Google+ app.
- Settings - Tapping on this option will allow you to open the Settings menu for the app. Under the Settings menu, you will be shown more available options.
- Help - Tapping on this option will take you to the help files, where you will see the easy fixes and solutions to your problems with the application.
- Sign out - Tapping on this option will sign you out of the application.
- 11Once turned ON, instant upload is activated and you can change the settings depending on your preference.The settings are:
- About Instant Upload - Tapping on the settings will allow you to know more about sharing videos and files with Google+
- Set storage size - Tapping on this option will allow you set the storage size of your photos and files.
- Get more storage - Tapping on this application allows you to purchase extra cloud storage for your photos and videos.
- When to upload photos - Tapping on this option will you to choose uploading photos when phone is connected to WiFi or when connected to the mobile network.
- When to upload videos - Tapping on this option will you to choose uploading videos when phone is connected to WiFi or when connected to the mobile network.
- Roaming uploads - Tapping on the box to the right of this option will allow you to upload photos and videos when roaming on data network.
- Upload only when charging - Tapping on the square to the right of this option will only allow uploads of pictures and videos whenever your charge is connected.
- Upload all - Tapping on this option will upload all videos and photos to Google+ instantly.
- 12Congratulations!You have just learned how to set and use Google+ to upload photos and videos using your S4.
Samsung Galaxy S4 to set profile photo
The following procedures will allow you to set your profile picture on your Samsung Galaxy S4:
- 1Go to your home screen.If you are not on the home screen yet, tap on the Home button (middle hard button ) once or tap the Back (right soft key) a few times until it takes you to the home screen.Advertisement
- 2Tap on Contacts.From the home screen, touch on the second icon on the Favorites panel that resembles a phone book. This will open the Contacts application.
- 3From Contacts, tap on the first entry.The first entry on the Contacts is either ME (default) or the registered name on the Google+ account linked to your phone. Both refer to the owner of the phone, which is most likely you.
- 4Tap on the Edit button.Now that your contact details are open, tap on the "Edit" icon on the upper right part of the screen. This will allow you to edit details about your contact profile details, including your picture.
- 5Tap on the picture.The profile photo is on the left side of your name. Tap on the photo to change it to your desired image.
- 6Choose where to source the profile photo from.All options will allow you to add a picture, except the first one, which is to remove the current profile photo. The following are the options:
- Remove - removes the current photo as the profile photo.
- Image - open the images folder so you can choose the photo that you want.
- Picture by people - open the folder where people share pictures with you. You can use it to upload a profile photo on your device.
- Take picture - sources the profile photo from the camera. The process is simple - point at the subject and take the picture. Cameras on the front or on the main both work.
- S Memo - allows you to source the picture from an S Memo.
- 7From the chosen source, find the desired photo.Just go over the pictures on your phone and choose what photo you want to assign as the profile photo.
- 8Crop the picture to show the face mostly.Since the space on the picture is small, you may want to crop it to make the picture recognizable.
- 9Tap on Done.When you have chosen the right photo, tap on Done.
- 10You have successfully set a profile photo on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Questions and Answers
Lost pictures in Gallery file "auto back up"?
I just followed directions on how to delete some select pictures off my S4 auto back up Gallery folder and now the folder is empty. I didn't want them all gone. Directions said to go into settings, to app manager, to Gallery and clear the cache/data. Was that a big fat mistake?
Clearing your cache won't delete any file on your Gallery. It merely deletes the data that can make you quickly go to the last picture watched on the gallery, or the last point where you are on a certain move when you stopped and closed it.
Clearing data on your device through the application manager will delete any file on your phone's Gallery folder. Upon clicking on Clear data, a prompt will ask you a confirmation that the action will delete all data permanently including all the files on it.
You may have made a mistake but you learned from it. Next time, if you want to empty more space on your device, only clear the cache and not the Application data.
G Photos on S4 not working
If the app is not working then uninstall it and reinstall. Before you do this, put the S4 into Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition. Then once the app is installed, click the three top lines to the left of the screen and personalize your settings. You can also personalize from Google Photos on the PC.
I'm under Google plus but the page is different than displayed I'm trying to locate my profile picture to change it?
I need to change my profile picture
You can change it from within Gmail under My Account and then Photo or on Google Plus. If you are using the app for Google Plus, open it in the browser and select desktop as view. You can then click the photo and select Change Photo. You can also do this on the PC.
Trying to upload pictures from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my Mac and was trying to use Google plus. I cannot seem to find an easy way to upload photos since I got this phone and this mac. I read Google + was the way to go, however, in going through the steps on my phone, I reach a screen that allows backup of existing pictures but no instant upload option appears. What am I doing wrong?
Unable to reach instant upload screen while trying to learn to use Google+ to download pictures from Galaxy S4 to Mac.
Google Photos is the way to go and not Google Plus. They are two entirely different apps. With Google Photos as an app from the Play Store you can backup. Mine is set to backup daily and you can create a shortcut to your Camera app from your phone. This allows you instant upload.
See more questions like this: Hi, can I transfer all my photos to my phone gallery that has been backup by me?
Can I move pictures from Google + to my Galaxy S4?
I recently got a new phone and lost all of my pictures from my phone. However, they are on my Google+ (pictures) account. I am trying to figure out how to move them from Google+ to be viewable in my Gallery.
The Google+ auto backup feature can be very helpful for what you are trying to do. This is because it will let you access your photos anywhere and from every device. However, sometimes downloading backed up photos from Google can be very confusing. But there are many ways to download them. One of these methods is by using your PC to download the photos from your account and then transferring them to the phone. Follow the steps below to download and transfer your photos from the Google auto backup app:
- 1Turn your PC on.
- 2Open a web browser.
- 3Go to The Google Auto backup page.
- 4Login into your account, if it's necessary.
- 5Select your photos and download them on your PC.
- 6Once you've downloaded them, plug your Samsung Galaxy S4 via a USB cable into the computer.
- 7When the phone is connected, copy and paste the downloaded photos to your phone.
- 8Your photos should be moved to the phone and you can access them from you gallery app.
If you have any additional questions, let us know in the Q&A section below.
See more questions like this: Galaxy S3, auto backup, move video files
Hi, I want to delete photos from my phone to clear up memory but when I delete them they delete from my Google+ photos. How can I delete pictures from just my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4?
Hi, I want to delete photos from my phone to clear up memory but when I delete them they delete from my Google+ photos. How can I delete pictures from just my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.
Go into your Gallery. Select Edit or the Pencil icon and then you can choose Select All or manually select the ones you want to delete.
See more questions like this: How to restart Galaxy 3 tab Restart?
How to put Lock file in SD card on Samsung S4?
How to put Lock file in SD card on Samsung S4
Encrypt Files on Your SD Card Using Your Android Phone is a VisiHow article that explains how to encrypt your SD card. Word of caution, SD cards are not reliable for long term storage and have to be replaced without warning. You may want to instead transfer the file to an Encryption app such as Encrypt Anything.This way you will not lose it if your SD card becomes corrupt.
My phone screen is frozen...trying to see if I can back up my photos before I reset my phone?
My phone screen is frozen...trying to see if I can back up my photos before I reset my phone...
You can remove the battery, enter the recovery menu and clear the cache partition.
- 1Remove the battery for a couple of minutes.
- 2Insert the battery.
- 3Press and hold the volume-up, home, and power buttons until you see the recovery menu appear.
- 4In the recovery menu, use the volume-down button to select "wipe cache partition".
- 5Press the power button.
- 6Once the operation has been done, tap on the power button to select "reboot system now".
- 7If you are back into your smartphone, then you can back up your data.You can learn how here.
- 8If the smartphone still freezes, then all of the data that is backed up is on your microSD card, Smart Switch, or Kies (if you use the last two on your computer).
I cannot connect to my computer with my Samsung S4?
I cannot connect to my computer with my Samsung S4
- 1Use the original USB cable;
- 2Make sure that the USB slot that you are using works with other devices.
- 3Download and install Media Feature Pack by clicking the right Windows version from the list.
- 4If you still cannot connect your device, download MTP drivers.You can look them up on the Internet or obtain from this location. Download either USB driver and store it on your HDD.
- Open the Device Manager panel. You can do that by pressing the Windows key and typing "Device Manager". Press "Enter".
- Expand the items in Device Manager to find your phone driver and right-click it. Select "Update Driver Software..." Now, locate and select the driver that you have downloaded in this step. This will install the MTP driver.
- 5Reboot your computer.Advertisement
I would like to delete 2 pics from my auto back file. I do not want to delete them all, how do I do this?
I would like to delete 2 pics from my auto back file. I do not want to delete them all, how do I do this
Go to the website for the cloud that you are backing up to like Picassa or Google Photos. You can then edit the folder from there and delete the two pics.
How to restore backed up pics from Google + to camera Gallery?
How do I restore backed up pics from Google + to camera Gallery? Thank you.
Go into your Gallery app and click on Settings. There will then be an option to sync and you would choose Google. Your phone should have synced any photos when you assigned your Gmail account to the device. You can also go into your Main Settings and sync your Google Account. The photos usually take a while before they appear. Also, you will need to be connected to WiFi for syncing to happen.
I am at a library wanting to apply for a job. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and want to know how to send the photos on my phone to my email address. However, I am not sure I can do this as this is public library computer and not my own?
Is this even feasible? or do I need to find someone's personal computer to do this.
You would attach the photos from your phone to your email on your phone app. This being said, why do that when you can put an app like Google Photos on which auto-backups to a cloud accessible by website. Personally, I would not send any photos to your email on a public computer unless they were ones that you did not mind the whole world viewing. Rule of thumb is: If you do not want the entire world to know something, do not access the content on public WiFi or a public computer. In fact, even though libraries are cautious about their computers it is simple to install a keylogger on there and then hack into emails with the information. Always assume a keylogger is on the PC in a public place.
Hello, I need help with S4. Can you help?
I am unable to connect my Galaxy S4 via USB and I am having issues connecting to Gmail to upload all data before factory reset.. I have tried: Everything available on YouTube and Google searches
Your USB is locked. You have to enable USB Debugging from your security settings. You will also need your WiFi enabled to perform any sort of back up. If you have installed Kies but can't access it because your phone is locked and debugging is off, you will lose the photos unfortunately.
My phone is running out of storage space?
I have too many pictures on my phone. I would like to keep them all somewhere besides my phone and FREE.
Google Photos is free, OneDrive is free and so are many other storage clouds such as Google Drive. You will run out of space eventually but you should be fine if you occasionally go on the PC to Google Photos for instance, and save the images to your PC or external hard drive. Then delete the images from the cloud. I have Google Photos as an app and go in there once a week and delete all photos from my phone that have been backed up. This is simply just a tap and choose the delete all function which is great and keeps my storage on my phone clear for free!
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: LisaLynn, VisiHow, annig96