Install and Setup Facebook Messenger on Your iPhone 6
Edited by Grimm, Leomar Umpad, Eng, Jen M and 5 others
You are watching VisiHow and today we are going to show you how to install Facebook Messenger on your iPhone 6.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Install and Setup Facebook Messenger on Your iPhone 6
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 I can't install messenger application on my iPhone 6?
- 3.2 Why don't I have an icon on the screen like a shortcut to message on my iPhone 6s. I have only to choose between alerts and banners?
- 3.3 Why don't I see the phone and camera icon on my Facebook messenger?
- 3.4 I can't enter my user it is very difficulty to me?
- 3.5 I have installed messenger but can't find the icon after I updated to iOS9
- 3.6 I see an icon with a cloud and a down arrow. How do I download Facebook messenger?
- 4 Comments
- 8It may take a moment to open up because I don't have the fastest internet connection in the world - but it is the second fastest.What we are going to do now is to look for the Facebook Messenger app. You could search through all this and get a cool app like this Star Wars thing here, but we are going to skip past that and get on to the point of this article that is the Facebook Messenger.
- 14Tapping will take you to the actual application and let you see more about it.Now, we are on Facebook Messenger. We get the full details of the Facebook Messenger application: who made it (it's Facebook); social networking; recently updated on the April 10th. Apparently, a lot of people are not happy with the update.
- 15Let's tap on "Reviews" and see what it is - quite a few 1-star ratings:"some messages that are not delivered then", "useless", "poor", "bruh, keep dropping my calls", "stupid idea". People are not happy with the latest Facebook messenger. However, I have no choice. I have to install just to show you how awesome, or not awesome, and it is.
- 18Look at that, the Facebook Messenger has been installed.We can on Open from here, or we can go back to Home screen and tap on the icon to open it. Since you will most likely be opening the Facebook Messenger application, on your iPhone 6, from the Home screen, I'm going to tap Open here on the iPhone store which will open the Facebook Messenger on my iPhone 6. Tap once and it will open the Facebook Messenger.
- 20Now, it is going to ask me if the phone number is up-to-date.That's my phone number folks - you can call me, message me, pester me, disturb me - I will completely ignore you though. If you ask me anything about work related, that's where our comments and question is for and you are welcome to message me there but on the phone, not so much.
- 31You can go to Settings.Tap on Settings and you can change the settings. You could turn your notifications on or off, get notification previews, sounds, download videos, synced contacts, invite friends. There are a host of things that you can do here which is one of the actual nice things about the Messenger. For those of you who were not aware of Messenger, it was actually not developed by Facebook. It was created by a third-party and Facebook purchased it instead of being a stand-alone application.
- 32Let's give a quick press to the round button at the bottom of our phone - this is the Home button as we discussed previously.Now, we can give it another press which will take us back to our Home screen. You see, it took me back to the screen where Messenger is installed but that's my second screen.
- 35I'll press this round Home button at the bottom again will take me back to my Home screen.This concludes our tutorial on how to install and setup Facebook Messenger on your iPhone 6. Thank you for choosing VisiHow. Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you in our other videos.Advertisement
Video: Install and Setup Facebook Messenger on Your iPhone 6
Questions and Answers
I can't install messenger application on my iPhone 6?
Messenger application can't be installed on my iPhone 6
You might have not enough space. If it is not the case, then you can also soft-reset your phone. Everything will be left intact. Hold the sleep or wake button and the home button for 10 seconds to do that. If it did not help, uninstall the application and update your iOS. Then, try to soft-reset the phone again and reinstall the application.
iPhone 6s problem with messenger
Press the center square at the bottom of the app in the bar. You can then tap that and setup a home screen for the app.
Why don't I see the phone and camera icon on my Facebook messenger?
I can not make calls from messenger
Update your app. As of Spring 2015, you can make video calls with Messenger on iOS. You can find the icons at the top of the screen.
I can't enter my user it is very difficulty to me?
I can't enter my user it is very difficulty to me. I have tried: To download another software
Make sure you are signed in on the Facebook app. Then try to sign on on Messenger.
I have installed messenger but can't find the icon after I updated to iOS9
How do I find the messenger icon, I had it before I updated to latest iOS.. I have tried: Tried installing it again, but to no avail.. I think it was caused by: After I updated to latest iOS.
Check your Applications Manager/App Drawer. Go into iTunes and try to download and install again. Sync your phone with your PC and iTunes to see if during a backup, it saved that app.
I see an icon with a cloud and a down arrow. How do I download Facebook messenger?
When I click the cloud/arrow icon it thinks for a fraction of a second and then does nothing.. I have tried: Restarting my phone. I think it was caused by: I have no idea
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.