Install a Custom Keyboard on your iPhone 6
Edited by Grimm, Sid Bedekar, Eng, Doug Collins
You are watching VisiHow and today, we are going to show you how you can install a third-party keyboard to your iPhone 6.
- 6Now, it is important to understand that what we are doing here is installing a third party application to the iPhone 6 which integrates with the operating system and allows you to use a keyboard that is not in the iPhone 6 list of keyboards. There are a number of languages in the world that are not included in the iPhone 6 and it is actually a bit surprising that Georgian is not there because some other languages like Armenian are there. So, This character here, this is another character here. These are Georgian language characters.Georgian Keyboard is going to bring up a selection of keyboards for us.
- 10At the moment, the reviews are not coming up for some reason here. The iPhone App Store has been a little bit touchy lately. Not sure why that is.Then waiting for the system to load and show you the reviews and then you are going to want to scroll down and you are going to want to see which reviews are accurate, which reviews are good and in some cases, which reviews look fake.
- 27When using one of these keyboards, the keyboard can access the data you type". What this means is that any messages or other things that you are typing in your chosen language will be able to be seen by the third-party. Third-party in this case being the keyboard manufacturer but it could be some one else as well.When you have New Keyboard selected to add, you will see that I have "THIRD-PARTY KEYBOARDS:
- 28We do not have Georgian anywhere in here though which is a bit unusual but that is how it is now that the iOS supports third party keyboards, it is not really that big of a deal.However, if you scroll down through here, you see we have like a Cherokee keyboard, a Croatian keyboard, an Estonian keyboard.
- 38If I would like to set up predictive text then I simply go back and I check that box to allow the developer to have access to those sections of the keyboard. It only affects things that are typed in Georgian so as long as I am not sending people my credit card details in Georgian, it should not be a major concern. So, if you are using the Georgian keyboard or any other keyboard for a language that is not natively supported by your iPhone, then this is how you would install a keyboard. Let us go ahead and press the home button one time. That will take us back to the home screen.Now there is no automatic or predictive text here because I have not allowed the developer to have access to that.
- 39This concludes our tutorial on setting up a new keyboard that is not natively supported by your iPhone. Thanks for choosing VisiHow, have a great day and we will look forward to seeing you in our other videos.Now you are back on the home screen and you can go back to whatever it was you were doing on your iPhone 6.Advertisement
Video: Install a Custom Keyboard on your iPhone 6
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Install a Custom Keyboard on your iPhone 6. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 22, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Install_a_Custom_Keyboard_on_your_iPhone_6
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Install a Custom Keyboard on your iPhone 6." VisiHow, visihow.com/Install_a_Custom_Keyboard_on_your_iPhone_6 Accessed 22 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Install a Custom Keyboard on your iPhone 6." Accessed May 22, 2017. http://visihow.com/Install_a_Custom_Keyboard_on_your_iPhone_6.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Sid Bedekar, Grimm