Install Viber on an Android Phone
Edited by Grimm, Crystal, Eng
Hi, you're watching VisiHow. Today I'm going to show you how to install Viber on your Android phone. It doesn't matter which type of Android phone, what manufacturer or what version of Android you're running because they all basically function the same.
- 4This appears to be the official app. You'll notice there are some other applications in here as well, but you want to stick with the official app. Don't download other stuff because you never know who's going to be skimming your information, taking your passwords or anything else like that.Here we have Viber.
- 5Free Messages and Calls from Viber Media. It has much better rating than Skype. Let's tap on install. Once we tap on install it's going to say Viber requires access to the following, but as you can see Viber basically requires access to nothing, whereas Skype requires access to a tremendous amount of personal information and details. If you're concerned about privacy Viber is the one to go with. Tap Accept.Here we have Viber:
- 6This is a slightly larger application than Skype, approximately 12MB larger. That's not really a significant amount, however, it does mean it will take a little bit longer to download. Viber has now finished installing and now we can simply tap on Open.After you tap accept it will start downloading.
- 10You'll get a quick popup saying that installing from unknown sources may be harmful to your device and personal data. By tapping OK you're basically saying you know what you're doing or that you trusted my advice. I am only giving this advice for Viber. Let's go ahead and click OK for Viber. This is specific to one video, I'm going to uncheck it when I'm done downloading this app.Under Security, scroll down to Unknown Sources.
- 17We look forward to assisting you with additional videos and help, just let us know in the comments section. Have a great day.This is how to install Viber.Advertisement
Video: Install Viber on an Android Phone
Questions and Answers
How to download Viber in Google play on an Android phone?
I was able to sign in to my Google account and when I try to install Viber I get an error " Authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google account, and I already tried signing into my Google account many times. Please advise!
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Install Viber on an Android Phone. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Install_Viber_on_an_Android_Phone
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Install Viber on an Android Phone." VisiHow, visihow.com/Install_Viber_on_an_Android_Phone Accessed 29 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Install Viber on an Android Phone." Accessed Apr 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Install_Viber_on_an_Android_Phone.
Recent edits by: Crystal, Grimm