Install Skype on Your Computer
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Eng, Lynn
Skype is a service that allows instant messaging, video chatting and much more. The program was released in August 2003 and was developed by Microsoft Skype Division. Skype permits users to contact other users by using a microphone, webcam, and instant messaging over the internet. Skype became trendy because of its well-loved features, like video conferencing and file transfers. Read on to learn more about Skype, its features and how to install it on your computer.
Different Versions of Skype
Here are some of the different versions of Skype:
- Skype 220.127.116.11 - this is their latest version and is supported by Windows Vista, Windows XP, XP x64.
- Skype 18.104.22.168
- Skype 22.214.171.124
- Skype 126.96.36.199
- Skype 188.8.131.52
- Skype 184.108.40.206
- Skype 220.127.116.11
Different Skype Features
- Group Calls - You can have a group or set of people all together on one call and you can add up to 25 people.
- Skype to Skype calls - You could call someone who is also logged into Skype for free.
- Skype to go - You may call numbers internationally from any cellphone for small fees.
- Caller ID - Skype has caller ID, which lets other people know you are the one calling.
- Forward calls - You may forward your calls to your phones when you are not logged into Skype.
- Instant messages (I'm)
- Send and receive text messages (SMS) - You may contact your friends through Skype texts.
- Voice messages - Skype offers voice messaging for you.
- Video messages - You may send a video message as well.
- Mail files - You may send pictures, videos or files of different sizes.
- Send contact - You may share your name, number and contacts readily.
Things You'll Need
Downloading and Installing Skype
- 3Save the file on your desktop to make it easy to remember.
Installing Skype on Windows 8
- 3Choose the "Store" button to open the store.
- 6You will notice that the upper right corner of your screen says "Installing Skype".
- 7Once done, close the store and you'll notice a Skype program on your start screen.
- 9You're now prepared to use the Skype application.Advertisement
Categories : Application
Recent edits by: Eng, Pia Marie Villamante