Install Samsung Kies for PC
Edited by Grimm, MsBarbs, Eng, Dougie and 2 others
Hi, you watching VisiHow, and today we are going to show you how to set up Samsung Kies on your Windows 8 computer.
- 1Once we plug that in we should get a little pop-up. Just in case we don't I have the Samsung Kies window opened up. You may have to swipe to open your phone or you may not. I have swipe to open my phone and set up is installing the files on my system. I missed the pop-up originally and it was in the taskbar. According to the system this will take a few minutes to set up. Okay, it's ready.The first thing we are going to do is take the USB cable that was supplied with our Samsung phone and plug that into the phone and our computer.Advertisement
- 3We can import photos and videos to dropbox. We do have a video on how to set up a dropbox account, sync digital files to this device, open default files, import pictures and videos, or take no action. Since I am setting up Samsung Kies, I am going to turn some of these over to Samsung Kies, I'm going to select take no action. However, we can always go back in later and make changes. Samsung Kies should be set up now.Choose what to do with this device.
- 5To install the program from the Samsung website we are going to go to download.From our search results we know that the Samsung program was not installed yet.
- 7From your home screen you tap on 'apps', which is the bottom right icon, then you tap on 'settings', which is the gear shaped icon, then you tap on 'about device' and you will be able to see which version of Android that you are currently running. In my case, in order to get to the about device menu I have to scroll down to the 'system' menu which is the eighth menu down and there is a little orange icon with an "I" in it and I can tap 'about device' and it shows me that I am running Android version 4.4.2. At any rate, if you have a Mac you can also download Samsung Kies from the bottom of the page.If you need to figure out what your phone is running there is a little screenshot here to determine your phone's Android version.
- 10There are also system requirements as well. If you are not sure that your system can run the program. They generally have low requirements the same goes for Mac. There are questions in the frequently asked questions, and there are certain things that you will want to consider.Should you find you need support, there are support options for both versions.
- 11We click 'yes' at which point it will unpack and install. As I was saying about the FAQs, you do want to check to make sure that there is not some problem with your device or if you are trying to save photos and that type of thing you want to make sure that you were doing that properly.'User Account Control' has now popped up do you want to allow the following programs to make changes to this computer Samsung Kies the answer to that is yes we do.
- 12I am happy with it in the x86 program files folder. We have a license agreement which if you are the person that reads all this please comment and let us know because we have never met that person. I don't read them. So, I click 'I accept' the terms of the agreement and click 'next'. Very quick install or it should be.At any rate, we have the Samsung Kies 3 Install Shield Wizard open and I can change my destination folder here, but I am not going to do that.
- 13We will also show you how to get air droid installed as well in another video. Air droid is great because it lets you wirelessly do all kinds of cool stuff with your Android phone. It works with all types of Android phones however, in this we are focusing on Samsung he comes that is what we got.As you can see there's a little picture of our phone connected to the computer there are a number of other things you can do as well with Kies and there are some great third-party applications such as air droid.
- 16For those of you who are not sure if your phone is real or not this is a great way to check. Plug it into Kies and it will tell you. Internal memory this phone has a limited memory compared to the full size S5. However, it does have the capacity for a 128 GB SD card, which I will be using later in another video.As you can see here I have a Galaxy S5 mini.
- 22Thanks for watching VisiHow, I hope that you have a great day, and we look forward to seeing you in our next video. Thank you very much.What we are going to do in our next tutorial is show you how to use some of the other functions of Samsung Kies.Advertisement
Video: Install Samsung Kies for PC
Questions and Answers
When downloading Kies to my PC, Kies asks if it should make changes to my computer?
I want to download Kies to my PC so that I can work with my Samsung Galaxy Note2. When downloading Kies to my PC, Kies asks if it should make changes to my computer YES or NO. I have tried: My Samsung Galaxy Note2 cannot connect to my PC so I have to download Kies. I think it was caused by: No Kies software on my PC
You should allow Kies to make changes on your PC. That means that it needs special write access permissions.
To disable the message showing up in the future, you can change the level of security on your computer, which is not recommended. This operation is optional, and it lowers overall security on your PC. Use it with caution. Nevertheless, if you wish to proceed, then do the following:
- press the Windows key and type "Action Center". Press "Enter";
- click "Change User Account Control settings";
- click and drag the bar to "Never notify";
- click "OK" to save the changes;
- you may need to reboot your computer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Install Samsung Kies for PC. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 22, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Install_Samsung_Kies_for_PC
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Install Samsung Kies for PC." VisiHow, visihow.com/Install_Samsung_Kies_for_PC Accessed 22 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Install Samsung Kies for PC." Accessed Jun 22, 2017. http://visihow.com/Install_Samsung_Kies_for_PC.