Install SIM Card and Battery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Lynn, Daniel and 7 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Installing SIM Card and Battery on Samsung Galaxy Note3
- 3 Removing SIM card and battery on Samsung Galaxy Note3
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 1. Could not get it (SIM) to slide in and lock?
- 4.2 2. I cannot get the SIM card out from the SIM slot?
- 4.3 3. The SIM card does not fit into the slot?
- 4.4 4. We can't get the SIM card in. It seems too big?
- 4.5 5. Does Samsung Galaxy Note2 not take regular SIM at all? Even the cut version?
- 4.6 Just waiting for my phone to be delivered - when I was ordering it the salesperson was trying to explain about the SIM being different which I did not quite understand . Will my current standard SIM not fit a Note3?
- 4.7 I'm doing it the suggested (right) way but it's still not going in
- 4.8 Samsung Note3 where is battery compartment door?
- 5 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
This article will discuss how to properly install the SIM card and battery into your Samsung Galaxy Note3.
Installing SIM Card and Battery on Samsung Galaxy Note3
- 1Remove the back cover, starting from the gap on the upper left part of the cover. Make sure that you do this carefully so as not to damage your fingernails nor the cover. Though the back cover is made of flexible and high resistance plastic, it won't hurt if you take extra care in removing it. From the gap, run your fingers to the other side of the back cover until it is completely removed.Turn over your phone.Advertisement
- 2When you are having a hard time inserting the SIM card, chances are, you are doing it wrong. Take note that Samsung Galaxy Note3 uses a micro-SIM card. Push the SIM card up into the SIM slot until it locks in place.Insert the SIM card with the terminals facing downwards. The SIM card slot is designed not to allow wrong insertion of SIM card.Advertisement
- 5You are done with installing the SIM card and battery on your Samsung Galaxy Note3.
Removing SIM card and battery on Samsung Galaxy Note3
- 1Starting from the gap on the upper left part of the cover. Make sure that you do this carefully so as not to damage your fingernails nor the cover. Though the back cover is made of flexible and high resistance plastic, it won't hurt if you take extra care with removing it. From the gap, run your fingers to the other side of the back cover until it is completely removed.Remove the back cover.Advertisement
- 3Remove the SIM card by gently pressing it and sliding it down until it is taken out of the SIM card slot.Advertisement
- Take note: You cannot remove the SIM card without removing the battery first.
Questions and Answers
1. Could not get it (SIM) to slide in and lock?
Check SIM slot for foreign objects
If you are not able to slide in and lock your SIM card to the SIM card slot of your Galaxy Note3, then try the following fixes:
- . Any object on the SIM slot will cause the SIM card to not fit in. Make sure that your SIM slot is free from external objects or any impurities that may block the SIM card.
- . Samsung Galaxy Note3 uses a micro-SIM card. Make sure that you are using one. Using a nano-SIM card will not allow the SIM card to be locked; using a mini-SIM (ordinary SIM) card will not allow entry to the SIM slot as the SIM is too large.
- . The SIM card should be inserted with the terminals facing down and the diagonal side of it should be to the right. If you do not insert your SIM card properly and in the right position, then your SIM card will not slide in and will not lock into the SIM card slot.
- . Any dents or damage on the SIM card will disfigure the SIM, disallowing entry of the said SIM card to the SIM slot.
Yes, check on the SIM tray so that your SIM card can slide directly into your slot without a problem. Also make sure that the SIM card is the correct size as there are a lot of different sized SIM cards.
2. I cannot get the SIM card out from the SIM slot?
Remove the battery
If you are not able to remove the SIM card from the SIM slot, then do the following fixes:
- . The battery is obstructing your SIM card from being taken out. Make sure that you remove the battery before you take out your SIM card
- . Pushing the SIM card in will cause the mechanism on the SIM slot to release the SIM card down. If you cannot do it with your fingernails, try to use a small and clean pointed object to push the SIM card.
- . If, for some reason, the pushing mechanism of your Note3 is defective, you can still remove the SIM card by attaching tape to it and slowly sliding it out of the SIM slot.
Yes, in order for you to be able to get your SIM card out of the tray you will need to remove the battery from your device. Also from here you will need to push the SIM card in so that it will release from its lock in the tray for removal.
3. The SIM card does not fit into the slot?
You are using the wrong SIM type
If your SIM card does not fit into the SIM slot, then you have either one of the following cases:
- . Samsung Galaxy Note3 uses a micro SIM card. Other SIM card types won't fit into the slot as it is solely designed for a micro SIM card. Below is a picture of the SIM type. Your Samsung Galaxy Note3 uses the same card as the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note2.
- . Check your SIM slot for any impurities or foreign materials on it. If there are any, gently remove them using a small object that will fit in the slot. Make sure that you are doing it gently so as not do any damage to the SIM slot.
- . The SIM slot is designed to be a perfect fit for the SIM card. If your SIM card has any dents, this may create irregular shapes on the SIM card, and you will be unable to insert it into the SIM slot. If this is the case, you can straighten the dent so your SIM card will fit into the slot.
- . Check if your SIM slot has any dents. This may cause the SIM card to get stuck and not properly fit into the SIM slot. If the SIM slot is dented, try to straighten the dent to allow access of your SIM card.
- . The SIM card is meant to be inserted in the right orientation. Read the section above on how to properly insert the SIM Card into your phone. Make sure that you follow it to avoid any problems.
Yes, on the Galaxy Note3 it uses a Micro SIM Card, which is not used by all other devices. In your case, you will need to purchase the correct sized SIM Card that will fit into the Note3
4. We can't get the SIM card in. It seems too big?
You could possibly be using the wrong SIM card. As this article states, Samsung Galaxy Note3 uses a micro-SIM card. If your SIM is too big to fit into the SIM slot, then you are using the Mini SIM card i.e, regular SIM card. If this is the case, you have two options:
- Cut your SIM card.
- Download the SIM-Cutting Template.
- Print the template in full scale and use an A4 paper.
- Tape the SIM into the first template.
- Mark the outlines of the lines that will be cut using a ruler and marker.
- Cut through the lines using a cutter.
- Buy/get a new SIM card. You can get a new SIM card from your carrier. You can still retain the same number for a small fee.
This means that your SIM Card is not the proper size for your device. For the Galaxy Note3 you will need to use a Micro SIM card rather than the standard SIM card.
5. Does Samsung Galaxy Note2 not take regular SIM at all? Even the cut version?
I bought a regular AT&T SIM card at Walgreens and I do know that Samsung Galaxy Note2 requires micro SIM, but I had my iPhone 4S with the same problem and I saw online tutorial where you just cut micro SIM out of a regular SIM and everything worked fine....it didn't work with Galaxy Note2 though....
Samsung Galaxy Note2 uses a micro SIM. You may have properly cut your SIM card causing it to be smaller or bigger than it should be. To cut a regular SIM into a micro SIM, follow this:
- Download the SIM cutting template and print it at 100% scale on an A4 paper.
- Use a double sided tape to place the SIM card to the first template (Mini SIM 2FF to Micro SIM 3FF).
- With the SIM in place, trace through the lines to know the parts that need to be cut.
- Slowly and carefully cut through the lines drawn on your SIM card.
- Once you cut the SIM, smooth out the edges.
If you want to use the same number of the SIM Card that has been improperly cut, you can call your network service provider's customer care and ask for a number transfer. This will transfer your number to a new SIM card allowing you to use the same number. There may be a minimal fee for this and they will require some identification and documentation to prove it's you. Ask your customer representative what is required and what the price is before hand.
Yes, it will be recommended that you purchase the micro SIM in order for you to be able to place it into the Samsung Galaxy Note2. The method of cutting the SIM card is not an official way of reverting the SIM card to fit another device.
Just waiting for my phone to be delivered - when I was ordering it the salesperson was trying to explain about the SIM being different which I did not quite understand . Will my current standard SIM not fit a Note3?
Just waiting for my phone to be delivered when I was ordering it the salesperson was trying to explain about the SIM being different which I did not quite understand . will my current standard SIM not fit a Note3
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
I'm doing it the suggested (right) way but it's still not going in
If you are doing it the right way, it should fit into your phone battery dock, as the size of the battery dock is based on the size of the battery for the phone model that you have. Here's what you can try instead:
1. Make sure the three gold plates on the battery faces/touches the three golden prongs on your phone battery dock.
2. If you are using a different battery that is not Samsung but it supports Samsung phones like Note3, make sure that it has the same size of the original battery of the phone that was made by Samsung.
3. If you know someone that has the same phone as yours, I suggest that you try insert your battery into their phone and see if it fits. If it fits on their phone then you might not be inserting it properly on your phone or your phone battery dock might have a problem when it was manufactured, such as the wrong size. It could be manufacturing defect, it is best to contact the store where you purchase it from for a hardware check, or perhaps an exchange.
Samsung Note3 where is battery compartment door?
It's not obvious to me how to open the battery compartment. Where is the door?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
See more questions like this: My Samsung Galaxy Note3 cannot read the SIM card. What should I do
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: Maria, Nuance, afasf adfasdf