Install Omega Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Daniel, Anonymous, Eng
Did you know that the Samsung Galaxy Note3 with a model number of SM-N9005 (International Version LTE) can be upgraded to Kitkat or the 4.4.2 version of the Android operating system? With the Samsung Galaxy Note3, you can also install a custom ROM, the Omega ROM (Based on Kitkat) that has a lot of new features to the said smartphone. However, this is not an official ROM from Samsung itself which you may need to root the phone in order for you to flash it with the said custom ROM. This will also require you to install CWM or ClockWorkMod to flash the ROM in zip form. This article is a step by step procedure on how you can install the Omega Custom ROM on your phone.
If your phone is not yet being rooted, then you may need to root it first. You can go to this LINK to know more on how you can root the Samsung Galaxy Note3.
If you are going to root the phone, please proceed at your own risk. Remember that when you root the phone as from the given link, you are voiding the warranty of your device from the manufacturer itself and to the store from where you purchase it from. The process may also result to data loss if it not done properly and can also damage the phone.
What to do First
- 1Ensure that the power level of the phone is still at 70% or higher to maintain it during the process and to avoid getting it off as it can corrupt data in the phone.Advertisement
- 2Install the USB drivers of your phone to your computer where you will be using to install the Omega custom ROM.Just plug the phone to the computer via USB and let the phone install it's USB drivers to the computer.Advertisement
- 3Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Note3 has a manufacturer model of LTE SM-9005.Do not attempt to try on a different model as it can cause damage. To know the manufacturer's model number, just restart the phone and during the boot up it will show the model number.
- 4Enable the USB debugging on your phone.To enable the USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Note3, please follow the steps:
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on About Device
- Tap the build number 7 times
- Go back to the previous menu and tap on Developer Option
- Tap on Enable USB debugging and Exit
- 5Download the Omega Custom ROM
- 6Make sure that your phone is already on Kitkat version or the 4.4 and rooted.
- 7Ensure that you have installed the "ClockworkMod Recovery" on the phone
- 1After you download the Omega ROM on your computer, you must connect the phone via USB then go to your downloads folder and copy the file and saved transfer it to your phone's root folder, save it on your SD card.Make sure that you did not extract the fileAdvertisement
- 2After you move the file from your computer to your phone's SD card, remove it on your phone then you need to turn off the phone and boot into the recovery on the phone.You need to press and hold the Volume Up + Home Button and the Power button at the same time
- 3Once you have the recovery menu, select the "Wipe data or the Factory reset" from the options and after the reset, you need to select the "Wipe cache partition" and after you wipe those files, you need to go to the "Advanced" then select the "Wipe dalvik" to clear its cache.
- 4After wiping them all, go back to the previous menu then select the option for "Install zip the one from the SD card" then select the "Choose zip from SD card".You need to use the Volume + or the Volume keys to go to the file use the power button for you to select.
- 5After the installation of the Omega from the SD card, just go back to the main menu on your hone then select on "reboot system now".This may take 3 to 5 minutes before the phone boots up properly and congratulations you have installed the Omega Custom ROM on your phone.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Daniel