Install Omega Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Daniel, Eng, Nuance, Alma
Did you know that the Samsung Galaxy Note3 with the model number SM-N9005 (International Version LTE) can be upgraded to Kitkat or the 4.4.2 version of the Android operating system? With the Samsung Galaxy Note3, you can also install a custom ROM, the Omega ROM (Based on Kitkat) that has a lot of new features that can be added to your smartphone. This, however, is not an official ROM from Samsung itself, which you may need to root the phone in order for you to flash it with the said custom ROM. This will also require you to install CWM or ClockWorkMod to flash the ROM in zip form. This article offers you a step-by-step procedure of how you can install the Omega Custom ROM on your phone.
If your phone has not yet been rooted, then you may need to root it first. You can go to this  to learn more on how you can root the Samsung Galaxy Note3.
If you are going to root the phone, please proceed at your own risk. Remember that when you root the phone, as you can do from the given link, you are voiding the warranty of your device from the manufacturer itself and to the store you purchased your device from. The process may also result in data loss, if it not done properly, and can also damage the phone.
Install Omega Custom ROM
What To Do First
- 1Ensure that the power level of the phone is at 70% or higher to maintain power during the process and to avoid it dying mid-way through the process, as it can corrupt data in the phone.Advertisement
- 2Install the USB drivers for your phone, to the computer you will be using to install the Omega custom ROM.Just plug the phone to the computer via the USB cable that came with your device, and let the phone install it's USB drivers to the computer.Advertisement
- 3Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Note3 has a manufacturer model of LTE SM-9005.Do not attempt to try on a different model as it can cause damage. To know the manufacturer's model number, just restart the phone and during the boot up it will show the model number.
- 4Enable the USB debugging on your phone.To enable the USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Note3, please follow the steps:
- Tap on "Settings".
- Tap on "About Device".
- Tap the "Build Number" 7 times.
- Go back to the previous menu and tap on "Developer Option".
- Tap on "Enable USB Debugging" and Exit.
- 5Download the Omega Custom ROM
- 6Make sure that your phone is already on Kitkat version or the 4.4 and rooted.
- 7Ensure that you have installed the "ClockworkMod Recovery" on the phone.
- 1After you download the Omega ROM on your computer, you must connect the phone via the USB cable that came with the device
- 2Go to your downloads folder and copy the file.
- 3Transfer it to your phone's root folder and save it on your SD card.Make sure that you did not extract the file
- 4After you move the file from your computer to your phone's SD card, remove it on your phone.
- 5Turn off the phone and boot into the recovery on the phone.You need to press and hold the "Volume Up" + "Home Button" + "Power Button" at the same time.
- 6Once you have the recovery menu, select the "Wipe Data or the Factory Reset" from the options.
- 7After the reset, you need to select the "Wipe Cache Partition".
- 8After you wipe those files, you need to go to the "Advanced" then select the "Wipe Dalvik" to clear its cache.
- 9After wiping them all, go back to the previous menu then select the option for "Install Zip The One From The SD card" then select the "Choose Zip From SD card".#You need to use the Volume + or the Volume keys to go to the file. Use the power button to select.
- 10After the installation of the Omega from the SD card, just go back to the main menu on your "Home" then select "Reboot System Now".This may take 3 to 5 minutes before the phone boots up properly and congratulations you have installed the Omega Custom ROM on your phone!Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Install Omega Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Install_Omega_Custom_ROM_on_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_3
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Install Omega Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3." VisiHow, visihow.com/Install_Omega_Custom_ROM_on_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_3 Accessed 23 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Install Omega Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3." Accessed Mar 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Install_Omega_Custom_ROM_on_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_3.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: Nuance, Eng, Daniel