Install Odin3 and Root My Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Daniel, Eng, adennggo, Gun Sulthan and 6 others
We all know that technology is totally fast when changing it's phase, what is new today will become old tomorrow. If you have a new phone which is Samsung Galaxy or you just purchase a Samsung
Galaxy S3 and wants to play with? This article will help you on how you can root the phone for you to play and install some applications that requires root and to customize it. Upon rooting the phone, you can play with it and to maximize your phones capabilities. To start, check the steps below:
Rooting the phone will void your warranty from its manufacturer and to the store where you purchase it from, this may result to data loss and may also damage your phone if it is not done properly. I will not held any responsibilities if you encounter data loss or damage in your phone, do it "At Your Own Risk".
Things to do first
- 1Use you Samsung Kies in order for you to make a back up to a computer.Back up your phone data, if you have important contacts, documents and any other data.Advertisement
- 2To download the ODIN v3.07, you may go to this LINKYou need to download ODIN v3.07 for you to use and root your device as this will be your utility to root the phone.Advertisement
- 4You just need to plug it in the computer's USB port and let it do its thing as it will be automatic.Your phone drivers must be installed in your computer.
- 5Just go to your Settings then tap on About Device and tap the build number multiple times till you get a message and go back to to the previous menu and open the Developer option then check the USB debugging and exit.Your USB debugging on the phone must be enabled as a requirement to root your phone.
- 1After you download the ODIN v3.07, you need to install it on your computer and extract the CF-Auto-Root file.Advertisement
- 2After the installation and extraction of the files, you need to boot the phone to download mode by turning it off then press and hold the Volume Down then the Power Button and wait for the warning sign then press Volume Up to proceed.
- 4On the PDA button that you see on screen, click it and look for the the file you have extracted from the CF-Auto. You should select the CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5Check the Auto Reboot and the F.Reset Time on your ODIN and leave the others as unchecked.
- 6In order for you to know if you successfully rooted the phone, just download the Root Checker App from your Google Play Store as it will verify it.
Questions and Answers
Will these websites GTI9300 root method work on my GS3 variant?
I do not want to brick my phone and was wondering if this is a root for all method
Odin3, at least v3.07 or later, roots GTI9300 successfully. There is, however, always a risk involved, as there might be voided warranty and unexpected battery malfunction, for example. To check the version of Odin3, see the file that you download. It must be higher in version or equal to "Odin3_v3.07.exe". Download Odin3 from Download Web site.
How to install 5.0 Lollipop for Samsung GT-S7562?
How to install 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung GT-S7562. Please help me, current version is very working very slow. Thanking You
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
How do I put my Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S3 into download mode?
When trying to put my Galaxy S3 into download mode I do not get a warning sign after pressing the volume down button and power button. It just turns on but in safe mode.
- 1Turn off your device completely.
- 2Do not forget the home button. Now, you will enter the download mode.Press the power, home, and volume-down buttons.
- 3Press the volume-up button to continue.
- 4Alternatively, press the volume-down button to cancel.Advertisement
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: zirhc23, VisiHow, Bui Kien Trung