Install Grammarly on Your MAC for Editing Help
Edited by Mireya A Pinto, Maria, Alma, Eng
How To Install Grammarly on your MAC For Editing Help
If you are a Mac user and writing is an important part of your daily tasks, it always helps to have some help with editing spelling or grammar errors. Whether it is to create a presentation for an important work meeting, to write a paper for school, send email reports to clients, Grammarly monitors every word you type. If you are a dedicated writer, then Grammarly is a tool you can't miss an opportunity to use.
Our language is vast and full of different words, synonyms, homonyms, antonyms and verbal expressions that can be hard to write correctly most of the time. That's when having a second pair of eyes right there while writing is awesome! Grammarly can be your second pair of eyes.
There are currently a few grammar or spell-check programs, however, not all of them have a Mac version. And the good news is that we are not talking about a regular spell-check tool, Grammarly goes above and beyond by taking on every aspect of writing such as grammar, or poor use of vocabulary. The program is smart enough to even catch contextual spellings.
Grammarly can instantly find errors that not even Pages can, and fix them immediately. Another great advantage is that you can use it on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, and nearly anywhere else you write on the web.
This is a tool you can rely on to help you improve your quality of content and deliver your best writing work. Just follow these simple instructions and get started.
Before you start with the steps of installation, please make sure your computer is fully updated to the latest OS, Grammarly can only be installed if your operating system is OS X 10.8 or higher in order for the native app for Mac to operate on your computer.
To find out what your Operating System you simply need to go the Apple icon located in the left upper corner of your desktop and click on the "About This Mac".
- 1Open your browser and go to https://www.grammarly.com/native/mac and click on the "Download Grammarly for Mac" button.Advertisement
- 3Drag Grammarly logo to the App folder to begin the installation.
- 4Open the Grammarly program and you will be asked to sign in, click on the link that will take you to the sign-up page.
- 5You can either sign up using your Facebook profile, your Gmail account or by creating an account providing your name and email.
- 7You will be welcomed to take a tour which is totally recommended so you can fully understand everything this program has to offer.
- 8You will also be asked if you want to add the Grammarly extension to your browser, our suggestion is to do so.Most computers come with a pre-installed internet browser and the Grammarly Editor is supported on Google Chrome 37+, Safari 8+, Firefox 38+, Internet Explorer 11+, and Microsoft Edge.Advertisement
The browser extension allows the program to review anything you type on the web, so you can write mistake free. Grammarly will point them out for you with an underscore and by making a hover over, you will get the correction suggestion. This program can also learn from you, you can add words to your personal dictionary so they are no longer highlighted.
You are now ready to use Grammarly, type anything on the web or upload your documents to get reviewed.
Writing with mistakes gives an unprofessional impression, be at your best delivering flawless work.
The more you use Grammarly, the more you will empower your writing skills and learn from every suggestion, realize when you are repeating words too often and enhance your vocabulary.
As you have noticed at this point, Grammarly is an online app and you must be connected to the internet to fully make use of it.
If you are a student, a nurse, a lawyer, a homemaker or just someone that takes pride on well-written articles and notes, now you are ready and well equipped with one of the best spell-checkers available.
Be creative, be inventive, have fun, enjoy the power of your words and take your writing to another level.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.