Install Grammarly on Google Chrome for Editing Help
Edited by Jay, Eng, Maria, Alma
There's nothing worse than typing out a great comment or email, only to see later that you wrote there instead of their, or made a silly spelling mistake. As embarrassing as this may be, it can happen to the best of us. Fortunately, with the use of a free tool (with a paid option available) called Grammarly, and your Chrome web browser, you can stop any unwanted grammar, punctuation and or spelling errors from leaking beyond your keyboard. It works with Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, LinkedIn and pretty much anything on the web that accepts text. You can also use it to create new documents. With 250+ built-in grammar rules, (most of which MS Word misses) you can be comfortable knowing your writing will be clear and free of errors.
- Enter your; name, email, password, and choose an answer that best suits you in the drop down menu. If your information looks good, click "Sign Up".
- Make sure to use an email account that you regularly check or at least have access to. In the event of a password reset, you'll need to login to the email account used during registration.
- In the Grammarly settings box you can select; the version of English you write in; whether to use it with Google, to display definitions and synonyms or create a new document.
- You can also access your Grammarly account by clicking, My Grammarly in the lower right corner of the settings box.
In addition to their free service, there is an option to upgrade to a premium account. The premium version offers more options such as; customized checks, 24/7 email support, and even more relevant corrections for numerous writing scenarios.
Upgrade to a premium account
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- It's good habit to proofread everything you write. Even a short message or post on social media is worth glancing over a second time quickly.
- Grammarly currently does not support Google Docs.
There you have it. A free and a paid option that will help improve your writing over the web. Even the most popular word processors miss basic grammatical errors. On top of that, very few have time to triple check every little comment or reply they make over social media. Having a fail-safe in place such as Grammarly, right into your browser, will help cut down on tedious editing time.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Install Grammarly on Google Chrome for Editing Help. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Install_Grammarly_on_Google_Chrome_for_Editing_Help
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Install Grammarly on Google Chrome for Editing Help." VisiHow, visihow.com/Install_Grammarly_on_Google_Chrome_for_Editing_Help Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Install Grammarly on Google Chrome for Editing Help." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Install_Grammarly_on_Google_Chrome_for_Editing_Help.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Maria, Eng, Jay