Install Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.3 CM10.2 Experimental Build Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
Edited by Batkingnz, Eng, Lynn, shubham kakade and 2 others
The Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 was released back in October 2011 to critical acclaim as one of the industries pioneering phablets. Users were now able to enjoy a Mini Tablet-sized device that was also a fully featured phone running the Android operating system. After receiving solid support from Samsung via updates, some users became frustrated when they learned there would be no official update to Android 4.3, the Jelly Bean OS. The good news for those still using the original Note as their daily phone is that the online "Modding Community" hasn't forgotten about the N7000. Read on to learn how to manually install a custom version of Android 4.3.
What You Will Need
- A Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
- The Firmware and Google Apps packages that are linked to it in the next section.
- Your device should be rooted.
- A custom recovery installed on your rooted device. In this example, we will use CWM.
- A PC for transferring files and a compatible USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
Installing Android 4.3 On Your Note N7000
- 2Once the downloads are complete, connect your phone to your PC with the original or compatible USB cable.Advertisement
- 3Locate the Android 4.3 CM10.2.zip file in your downloads folder and then copy the file to your SD card.This should be in the root directory. Copy it to the main directory of the card without opening any folders first.
- 4Turn off your phone, and turn it back on again, only this time, hold down the Home and Volume Up keys.This will launch the custom recovery.
- 5Once CWM or other custom recovery on your phone has loaded, you will need to clear some of the stored data on your phone before installing Android 4.3.
- Select "Full Data Wipe" and wait for this to complete.
- Next select "Cache Wipe" and wait for this to complete.
- The final cleanup here is performing a full Dalvik Cache Wipe. Select the option for this and wait until it is completed.
- 6After you have completed the above steps, scroll down on the menu, and select "Install Zip From SD card".You can now choose the .zip file that you previously copied to the root of your SD card. You will be prompted to confirm the installation, so just confirm any prompts and the installation will begin. This should take less than 20 minutes.
- 7One the installation is complete, you will see an option to reboot the system from the recovery menu.Let your phone reboot as normal and you will now be running the Android 4.3 custom OS.Advertisement
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- This guide is intended for the N7000 and will have mixed results with other devices. You should only apply these instructions to a Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Installing custom ROMs, firmware or OS's can be risky. Ensure you have backed up any important data and that you have followed the instructions exactly.
- In some regions, modifying your phone can void your warranty.
- Ensure that your battery is fully charged before beginning. If your phone dies while installing, the file system may become irreparably damaged.
- Again – BACK UP before wiping data.
Questions and Answers
How do I root my phone?
How do I root my phone? I want to install custom ROM as well, but I am a basic user.
First off, you'll need to provide the brand and model number of your phone. The rooting method will vary for different phones. Once you have identified and rooted your phone, you can go ahead and install/flash a custom recovery, like clockwork mod, or TWRP. Most custom ROMs will require the use of these recoveries. You need to download a matching ROM for your phone model. For a general look at how to do this, check out THIS VIDEO.
Please send files to upgrade to Android 4.3?
I cannot download them.
These are the files you will need to upgrade your Galaxy Note N700 to Android OS v4.3.
I have checked the following links and they were working fine.
How can I download Android 4.4 file?
Were can I get Android 4.4 software?
To download Android 4.4 Kitkat based ROM for your Galaxy Note N7000, please do the following.
- Go HERE
- Download the firmware that has a filename that starts with cm-11. CM11 (Android 4.4 Kitkat based) HERE.
I am not able to install any custom ROM now?
I first installed CWM recovery, and then I got 4.4.2 from other site. In recovery mode, I forgot to make a backup of my existing system. Now I've tried two different ROMs. First one didn't work. Second one - I also installed Google Apps. It was successful, but at the time of booting its now booting. What shall I do now? Please do reply.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Dougie, shubham kakade, Lynn