Install Continuous Ink Supply System on Your Canon Printer
Edited by aianne b., Charmed, Eng, Anonymous and 6 others
Its more economical to install a continuous ink supply system on your printer, rather than keep buying new cartridges, continually refilling your cartridge. This tutorial will teach you how to install this on your printer.
- 1 Advantages of a Continuous Ink Supply System
- 2 Instructions
- 3 Materials Required
- 4 Instructions
- 5 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 6 How to Save on Ink
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 8 Comments
Advantages of a Continuous Ink Supply System
- 1It contains more ink compared to the usual cartridge.When you buy a complete set, you will see that you get more milliliters of ink.Advertisement
- 2It's significantly cheaper, especially considering the total volume and the number of pages it's able to print.Because it doesn't require complicated containers, the retailers are able to sell it at a much lower price.Advertisement
- 3It is not difficult to set up.It may look complicated because of the different tubes but in fact it's not that difficult to attach to your Canon printer. Once you set it up, it will be a long time before you need to replace it.
Gather the materials you'll need.
- Purchase the Continuous Ink Supply System.
- A pair of scissors.
- Tissues or paper towels (at least one dampened).
- 2Place and secure the sleeves in place and feed the hoses into the holes you've made in the cartridges.
- 3Fill the tank with inks.Use the suction tool to introduce the ink into the cartridge. If done correctly it should look like the picture below.
- 4Install the cartridges in your printer.Make sure that the hose won't interfere with the cartridges carrier.
- 6Close the printer cover.
- 7Do a test print.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Be careful when filling the ink make sure it goes to the right compartment of the cartridge.
- Make sure the printer and the tank are always at the same level.
- Use the tissues/paper towels to clean up any spills or leakage.
How to Save on Ink
- 1Classify your printouts accordingly.If it's not a very important document, choose the economical or draft option so that it won't use too much ink. Save your ink for very important documents that really need sharp fonts and solid ink.
- 2Consider if you really need to print a document.You may not actually need all the documents you print. Therefore, before even hitting the print button, consider if it's really necessary or you can work with the soft copy. These days, with the use of smartphones and tablets, there is not much need to print everything out. For example, in the past, airline tickets must be printed out because that's what you need to present at the check-in counter. Today, you can just present the soft copy of your ticket or even just give them your e-ticket code. If you can avoid printing in the first place, do so. It not only saves on your ink, you are also helping the environment by not using too much paper.
- 3Avoid over-printing.Put exactly the number of pages in the printer as you need to print. This will avoid accidentally over-printing your project.
- 4Keep your printer clean all the time, especially the nozzles of the cartridge that release the ink.If there is dirt clogging the opening, your printer will print out a messy page, wasting ink. This may lead to drips as well and this can significantly consume your spare ink.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Hi sir, I'm from Malaysia. I want to ask about my e400 Canon?
Does this procedure work for all types of printers?
It should, but before you purchase the system, ask the seller if your Canon is on the approved list. It should be, as your printer is common.
Where to put the hose in the printer?
To make the canon e400 be a continuous-ink printer. I don't know where the hose should be connected. I have tried: Connect the hose to the cartridge.
You can see the process from start to finish of installing the CISS to a Canon in this Youtube Tutorial. You should connect the hoses to the ink cartridges you previously drilled holes into. Be careful when you put the ink cartridge back in the printer that the hoses can't get caught on something while the printer is in action. Otherwise, you will end up with ink all over the inside of your printer!
How to fix pipeline inside printer?
My Model is a canon E500. I can't fix the pipeline inside the printer properly. It's always jamming the cartridge, or causing some other problem. Please help. I have tried: Tried to install and fix the printerI watched this video. I didn't find any holes like in that video to strap it. I think it was caused by: No holes to strap the pipeline
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Canon
Recent edits by: alvintom, Maria, Bana Makalima